2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

6 hours ago, furti said:

Who do you think is not a lock?

The twelve i put up there are just the guys with better chance to make the roster, it doesn't mean any other player currently employed cannot survive the cut. 

I personally feel we are at about 43-44 locks, names could vary depending how TC plays out 

another LB for sure

another DT

Sendejo

another RB

Something to also consider right now. There are also what one could call "interchangeable locks". I do think the best example of this would be Josh Adams OR Wendell Smallwood. I guarantee one of them will make the 53 man roster, but can't say for sure which one. (Money is on Adams)

55 minutes ago, Danger said:

Something to also consider right now. There are also what one could call "interchangeable locks". I do think the best example of this would be Josh Adams OR Wendell Smallwood. I guarantee one of them will make the 53 man roster, but can't say for sure which one. (Money is on Adams)

That's basically what I said in my previous post. We aren't getting two new RBs (they'll likely keep 4). For sure Hestor and/or Hector will make the roster (banking on 1). Worrilow or Gerry make the roster (unless somehow Douglas talks Howie into investing in a LB). I think a safety spot is Sendejo's to lose (Sullivan). The 4th would be a rookie. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, Danger said:

WRs in the draft of that type are often undervalued. It's as if people scare themselves out of taking athletic phenom by convincing themselves that these players are overrated otherwise.

This may be way off but (right or wrong) everything I keep hearing about Metcalf reminds me of Dorial Green Beckham when he came out.

12 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

This may be way off but (right or wrong) everything I keep hearing about Metcalf reminds me of Dorial Green Beckham when he came out.

I humbly disagree. 

Metcalf is faster and not an off the field problem. Beckham's biggest problem was honestly his work ethic more than anything else.

On DGB:

WEAKNESSES

Play strength is a major concern. Struggles to free himself from press coverage and can be taken completely out of his routes. Runs sloppy, rounded routes. Fails to set up his breaks and frequently leads cornerbacks to his destination. Slow to adjust routes and find open space against zone. Fails to create the separation that is potentially available for him at top of routes. Rarely looks to body up cornerbacks and keep them out of the throw. Suspect work ethic. Awareness of footwork near sideline an issue. Considered a problem child at Missouri. Suspended twice by Missouri and arrested twice for marijuana-related incidents. Kicked off team at Missouri in April 2014 after details of his alleged role in an alleged burglary were released by Columbia, Mo., police. He allegedly shoved a female student down some stairs during the alleged incident, but no charges were filed. Missed entire 2014 season.

Point by point on Metcalf:

Competitive Toughness –Physical strength is apparent at the catch point and in the open field. Presses hard off of the LOS and doesn't take reps off to tip defenders of a run. Will work hard to mirror and stay in front of a defender. Doesn't let target volume dissuade effort.

Route Running –Shows very good footwork at the line of scrimmage to defeat press coverage and create false steps. Does well to bend back across the face of leveraged defenders on vertical stems. Explosive through breaks and create separation.

Football IQ –Still has room to grow as a rSoph, especially as it relates to body positioning along the sideline and addressing the football in high traffic situations. Can drift too far into the boundary and cut down on a throwing window. Runs diverse routes. Knows how to beat press.

Contested Catch Ability –Size and strength are difficult to account for, especially in high point situations where he can elevate and greet the apex of the football (Kentucky 2017). Has body control to adjust late and win positioning for the football.

The biggest thing that he is similar to DGB is that they both need to be more aware of the sideline. 

I don't see DGB in Metcalf but is Metcalf only an outside WR? I haven't watched enough tape don't think he'll last til 25. I would love to see him in the slot as well. Eating up space vs 2 high safeties. 

I think teams often take WRs that fit their current system vs development. I think for instance the birds have been looking at filling certain particulars...

Hollins - big bodied X type, Jeffrey-lite

Gibson - deep threat

Ward - slot 

4 hours ago, Danger said:

I humbly disagree. 

Metcalf is faster and not an off the field problem. Beckham's biggest problem was honestly his work ethic more than anything else.

Like I said, I could have been way off. The DGB comparison was based upon them both being very hyped up HWS WR prospects without production. I fully understand DGB had his off the field issues.

5 hours ago, nlesthought said:

That's basically what I said in my previous post. We aren't getting two new RBs (they'll likely keep 4). For sure Hestor and/or Hector will make the roster (banking on 1). Worrilow or Gerry make the roster (unless somehow Douglas talks Howie into investing in a LB). I think a safety spot is Sendejo's to lose (Sullivan). The 4th would be a rookie. 

One of them may be on the roster. 

But Sproles may also be resigned. Furthermore, Ajayi could be signed as well - I am hoping that to be honest. 

Sendejo is going to get cut, if our remaining free agents are not picked up by someone else and if he cancels out the 4th round pick currently projected to be received due to the loss of Hicks. 

To note, while the addition of Sendejo would currently cause the projected fourth-round pick for Jordan Hicks to be canceled out, the Eagles will surely lose more lower-level players such as Stefen Wisniewski, Jay Ajayi, Timmy Jernigan, etc., who would then be cancelled out instead of Hicks.

On the DT front, maybe they sign Timmy on a cheap deal and drat someone high. I can see both happening, so that is why Hester was not a lock. 

But, obviously this is all fluid. My point is, there are not too many open slots for too many rookies, hence I think we aren't drafting 7 guys.

2 minutes ago, furti said:

But Sproles may also be resigned. Furthermore, Ajayi could be signed as well - I am hoping that to be honest. 

Neither of them bring anything to the table at this point. We already have someone who does what Ajayi does in Jordan Howard, and Sproles is just a shell of his former self.

31 minutes ago, furti said:

One of them may be on the roster. 

Sendejo is going to get cut, if our remaining free agents are not picked up by someone else and if he cancels out the 4th round pick currently projected to be received due to the loss of Hicks. 

On the DT front, maybe they sign Timmy on a cheap deal and drat someone high. I can see both happening, so that is why Hester was not a lock. 

But, obviously this is all fluid. My point is, there are not too many open slots for too many rookies, hence I think we aren't drafting 7 guys.

I agree with your overall sentiment that we don't have room for a huge rookie class. I expect a trade (or three) to reduce the amount of picks, perhaps trade up or trade back collect some picks for next year...

48 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I have no idea what we're gonna do, especially after the first 3 rounds. Almost all of our draft visits have been Top 100 guys.

my guess is unless someone drops, we are moving back with our 1st, moving up with our first 2nd rounder and then moving back a bit with the second 2nd. Net us one or two extra top 100 guys. 

I think those guys are Wilkins, Simmons, Ferrell, Ford, Dillard

It's too bad the Chiefs traded their first, I was hoping to do a double trade back, starting with them.