2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

Are we gonna have a chubby again ALL YEAR for a first-round RB that's never gonna happen? We've been saying "maybe next year bros" for like twenty years straight now.

Let's just get hard for an OL cause I think thats what we'll end up taking this time around. 

I think how Sweat develops and Barnett's year two will go a big way into how things play out next offseason.
If they are both big hits, Brex probably will be leaving with Long retiring too, Bennett would be the starter with Barnett with Sweat rotating heavily with a 4th guy likely signed as a late career mercenary type again.

If they don't, we probably resign Graham to give them time (mostly Sweat) to develop. Though they might still draft a guy early cause next year is supposedly a deep draft for it.

If they don't and Brex wants too much and leaves we maybe try and get Long to stay one more year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think how Sweat develops and Barnett's year two will go a big way into how things play out next offseason.
If they are both big hits, Brex probably will be leaving with Long retiring too, Bennett would be the starter with Barnett with Sweat rotating heavily with a 4th guy likely signed as a late career mercenary type again.

If they don't, we probably resign Graham to give them time (mostly Sweat) to develop. Though they might still draft a guy early cause next year is supposedly a deep draft for it.

If they don't and Brex wants too much and leaves we maybe try and get Long to stay one more year.

See if barnett and sweat work out I think they would be the starters next year with bennet as the main backup. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

See if barnett and sweat work out I think they would be the starters next year with bennet as the main backup. 

I mean it's the same workload basically, Bennett would likely get the nod still unless Sweat like blows up huge. 
They'd all be in the game together on 3rd down

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I mean it's the same workload basically, Bennett would likely get the nod still unless Sweat like blows up huge. 
They'd all be in the game together on 3rd down

just saying probably better to give the 22 year old the bulk of the snaps and keep the 33 year old fresh. 

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

just saying probably better to give the 22 year old the bulk of the snaps and keep the 33 year old fresh. 

makes sense, and yea he might a

Was just thinking Bennett is good on run downs outside, so he would like literally be starting at DE a lot of series.Last year the line between Graham/Curry/Long was blurred so much that I couldn't tell you week to week who was starting between the last two. And Barnetts quick rise made it even more murky.

As of right now, it feels like there could be ~5 DT capable of being taken in the first 15 picks next year. I can't remember a DT class this stacked.

Rashaan Gary, Dexter Lawrence, Ed Oliver, Raekwon Davis, Christian Wilkins.

And that's not mentioning someone like Nick Bosa who might be more of a DE but someone who can bump in at DT on pass rushing downs.

I really don't know what we're going to do next year. I don't think Bennett is back next year with his contract. Safety might be a target but I really don't know who the top safeties are. Feels like a down year for that position as of right now.

Should be a good LB class. And a few good OT that I like as well.

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

As of right now, it feels like there could be ~5 DT capable of being taken in the first 15 picks next year. I can't remember a DT class this stacked.

Rashaan Gary, Dexter Lawrence, Ed Oliver, Raekwon Davis, Christian Wilkins.

And that's not mentioning someone like Nick Bosa who might be more of a DE but someone who can bump in at DT on pass rushing downs.

I really don't know what we're going to do next year. I don't think Bennett is back next year with his contract. Safety might be a target but I really don't know who the top safeties are. Feels like a down year for that position as of right now.

Should be a good LB class. And a few good OT that I like as well.

Glad we have Wentz because next year's QB class is utter trash.