2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Some mocks I saw with names that haven't been discussed

Byron Murphy CB Soph Washington (personally not seeing a CB early, this mock was done 3/13 probably before Darby resigning)

Christian Wilkins DL SR. Clemson (one pick before Lawrence going to Indy) 

Johnathan Abram S SR. Miss State (Thornhill and Abram gone before Adderley) 

3 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Some mocks I saw with names that haven't been discussed

Byron Murphy CB Soph Washington (personally not seeing a CB early, this mock was done 3/13 probably before Darby resigning)

Christian Wilkins DL SR. Clemson (one pick before Lawrence going to Indy) 

Johnathan Abram S SR. Miss State (Thornhill and Abram gone before Adderley) 

Kiper also thinks Abram in his latest mock O.o

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Some of your trades just to get draft picks are hilarious. This essentially values Agholor as a late 6th/early 7th round pick, while he's not the top option he's definitely more valuable than that.

No it doesn't, it values him as a late 4th. An early 4th is about the same value as 2 late 4ths, based on the drafttek trade chart.

Trayveon Williams at his pro day today:

"A lot of teams are interested right now," Williams said at Texas A&M's Pro Day. "But I will probably say the top three right now are the Eagles, the Bears and the Texans right now."

9 hours ago, Jlash said:

"In this edition of Which High Effort White Guy Do You Waaaaaant"

I like all 3 as more than just "high effort" guys. They are good athletes too. Not your typical vanilla gorillas. Winovich is likely going to get over-drafted compared to the other 2 though. Gimme Crosby, Gustin, or Justin Hollins in the 3rd over Winovich 2nd.

38 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I like all 3 as more than just "high effort" guys. They are good athletes too. Not your typical vanilla gorillas. Winovich is likely going to get over-drafted compared to the other 2 though. Gimme Crosby, Gustin, or Justin Hollins in the 3rd over Winovich 2nd.

Question about Crosby and Gustin since you seem to always mention them - are you expecting them to be able to contribute right away? 

7 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Question about Crosby and Gustin since you seem to always mention them - are you expecting them to be able to contribute right away? 

In a rotation? Of course. I don't think either guy is going to be ready to start 16 games, but I would feel that away about every DE once Bosa, Allen, and Sweat are off the board. In a rotation though, I think Crosby, Gustin, and Hollins could all contribute 4-6 sacks as rooks and be solid in run D while the starters get a breather. Not too dissimilar from D-Wreck as a rook. Crosby in particular is pretty stout vs the run, and my favorite of the 3 because of that fact.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

In a rotation though, I think Crosby, Gustin, and Hollins could all contribute 4-6 sacks as rooks and be solid in run D while the starters get a breather.

Can't really comment on Hollins because he is a newer name to me but I can't imagine either Crosby or Gustin coming in a contributing right away.. Gustin is strictly a motor guy who has major injury concerns  and Crosby is strictly a high ceiling guy who needs a lot of work, especially in run defense. I see you constantly mention them in the 2nd/3rd round but I think they're both mid/late day 3 guys. 

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Can't really comment on Hollins because he is a newer name to me but I can't imagine either Crosby or Gustin coming in a contributing right away.. Gustin is strictly a motor guy who has major injury concerns  and Crosby is strictly a high ceiling guy who needs a lot of work, especially in run defense. I see you constantly mention them in the 2nd/3rd round but I think they're both mid/late day 3 guys. 

I've never mentioned any of them in the 2nd. Mid 3rd/early 4th should be their range. You are totally wrong about Crosby's run D. Gustin has some bend and a decent amount of pop in his hands. Like a poor mans Justin Houston. The injury concerns are legit.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I've never mentioned any of them in the 2nd. Mid 3rd/early 4th should be their range. You are totally wrong about Crosby's run D. Gustin has some bend and a decent amount of pop in his hands. Like a poor mans Justin Houston. The injury concerns are legit.

I still think mid-3rd for both is a stretch and I think you're overvaluing them a bit (both seem like major projects to me). I'll have to go in and watch some more of Crosby but I just don't see them coming in and contributing right away. I actually think if we end up drafting either of them they'll be phantom IR'd for the year. 

17 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I still think mid-3rd for both is a stretch and I think you're overvaluing them a bit (both seem like major projects to me). I'll have to go in and watch some more of Crosby but I just don't see them coming in and contributing right away. I actually think if we end up drafting either of them they'll be phantom IR'd for the year. 

Define "contribute right away"

I think they would end up contributing more than Josh Sweat did for us last year.

If they don't contribute right away, then oh well. They'll contribute in 2020 after they've been coached up. Not everyone is going to be good right off the bat, and that includes most 1st round picks, let alone 3rd/4th round picks. You're taking them for what they could be in 2-3 years, and I think Crosby, Gustin (if he stays healthy), and Hollins could all be good starting DE's in 2-3 years. 7 or 8 sacks a season types once they maximize their potential. Could they suck? Of course, but I see above average starter potential in them.

Archived