2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

2 hours ago, Wentz2Ertz said:

Williams and Dillard are the only LTs worth taking in the first 3 rounds and they’ll very likely get taken before our pick. RT is strong, but we don’t need. Lindstrom would make sense, but a IDL would make more sense to pair with Cox and after Cox. 

Williams is a better fit at OG then OT, IMO. I'm not sure I'm as high on Dillard as most are, though I haven't watched a ton of him. 

11 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Williams is a better fit at OG then OT, IMO. I'm not sure I'm as high on Dillard as most are, though I haven't watched a ton of him. 

I’d be for drafting Williams. You might have the LT of the future, if not you have a really good guard which we’ll need anyway 

So what about Will Grier as a 4th round pick for the Eagles? 

Kid has dropped I feel almost more than anyone since the season ended.  First he does not play the bowl game, then does not play well at the Senior bowl and really did not throw well at the combine.  Had 1st round potential in what he did on the field but just seems way off in his pre draft stuff, does know how to create out of the pocket and has a good deep ball pass.  But in the 4th round could be a decent value for a potential back QB which they need.  

Maybe the kid is too distracted by his own wife and kid to focus on football, and the pressure of providing for them all dependent on his ability to throw the football.  Maybe it is the system he is coming out of but he has talent and again could be a decent value 4th or 5th round.  

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Kid has dropped I feel almost more than anyone since the season ended.  First he does not play the bowl game, then does not play well at the Senior bowl and really did not throw well at the combine.  Had 1st round potential in what he did on the field but just seems way off in his pre draft stuff, does know how to create out of the pocket and has a good deep ball pass.  But in the 4th round could be a decent value for a potential back QB which they need.  

Maybe the kid is too distracted by his own wife and kid to focus on football, and the pressure of providing for them all dependent on his ability to throw the football.  Maybe it is the system he is coming out of but he has talent and again could be a decent value 4th or 5th round.  

No 

40 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think Grier goes first round but what do I know. 

43 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd be livid if we spent any draft capital on any QB, TE or CB.

So you are fine with Nate Sudfeld as the backup to Wentz who has a pretty decent injury history?

13 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I think Grier goes first round but what do I know. 

You see him throw at the combine?  No way he goes 1st round after that showing.

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So you are fine with Nate Sudfeld as the backup to Wentz who has a pretty decent injury history?

Yes......and especially far more than some mid round rookie who has been more than dreadful this whole draft process 

45 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You see him throw at the combine?  No way he goes 1st round after that showing.

Definitely comfortable with him as the primary backup, he has a lot of time in this system and would be better equipped to perform in it than most. 

15 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yes......and especially far more than some mid round rookie who has been more than dreadful this whole draft process 

Yeah he has been dreadful but not sure he will end up being that bad as a pro, just has had an awful month or two.

Still Clayton Thorson is an option as well and I would take him over Sudfeld anyway as a prospect.  Not to mention Easton Stick which would be the ultimate and sure Carson would love it, and the kid can play but is more a runner and does not have the arm talent really but can manufacture some things at times and move the chains.  Still to me they need to address that QB depth and get if not a backup at least a project developmental guy.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

Yeah he has been dreadful but not sure he will end up being that bad as a pro, just has had an awful month or two.

Still Clayton Thorson is an option as well and I would take him over Sudfeld anyway as a prospect.  Not to mention Easton Stick which would be the ultimate and sure Carson would love it, and the kid can play but is more a runner and does not have the arm talent really but can manufacture some things at times and move the chains.  Still to me they need to address that QB depth and get if not a backup at least a project developmental guy.  

They have trained Sudfeld for a couple years and really like him. So I’m more than comfortable with him as a backup. If they draft a QB or pickup a UDFA as a developmental peice that’d make sense. But QB is far from a pressing need 

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

They have trained Sudfeld for a couple years and really like him. So I’m more than comfortable with him as a backup. If they draft a QB or pickup a UDFA as a developmental peice that’d make sense. But QB is far from a pressing need 

Very possible, just to me Wentz did not seem himself last year at all.  Not sure if he lost confidence as a player and the fact they won it all without him the year before...  And again he gets injured, was injured the year previous, was injured last year so it is an issue.  Will see if Sudfeld can do anything, never was a huge fan of him on Indiana.  If he was 2 inches shorter he probably would have never been drafted but people liked his size no question and has a decent arm and had a decent senior year.  

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Very possible, just to me Wentz did not seem himself last year at all.  Not sure if he lost confidence as a player and the fact they won it all without him the year before...  And again he gets injured, was injured the year previous, was injured last year so it is an issue.  Will see if Sudfeld can do anything, never was a huge fan of him on Indiana.  If he was 2 inches shorter he probably would have never been drafted but people liked his size no question and has a decent arm and had a decent senior year.  

I mean, he was coming off major knee surgery and had zero training camp and he was still pretty good if you actually look at the numbers. 2 years removed from the injury and a full offseason, I have almost zero worries about him. 

People are just having a fun time trying to write him off. I have full confidence he is 2017 Wentz this year. 

Archived