2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Anybody else not get the hype with Christian Wilkins?

Hype?  The kid is one of the best leaders in college football, one of the best potential teammates in the up coming draft and is an outstanding locker room guy.  Not to mention he played in a premier program and played at a high level from the get go and could play in a 3/4 or a 4/3, could play DE or DT.  Has good lower body strength, strong hands and can get some pass rush pressure and stop the run.  What exactly is there not to like about him?  Sure he might not be a 20 sack guy or something but so what, as a leader and a competitor I would love to have him on a roster.  

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Hype?  The kid is one of the best leaders in college football, one of the best potential teammates in the up coming draft and is an outstanding locker room guy.  Not to mention he played in a premier program and played at a high level from the get go and could play in a 3/4 or a 4/3, could play DE or DT.  Has good lower body strength, strong hands and can get some pass rush pressure and stop the run.  What exactly is there not to like about him?  Sure he might not be a 20 sack guy or something but so what, as a leader and a competitor I would love to have him on a roster.  

I think Williams, Oliver, and Tillery all offer a good bit more in the pass rush dept. Don't really like him at 25 anymore.

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd be livid if we spent any draft capital on any QB, TE or CB.

I do think there's a fair chance we take a QB day 3. We only have two on the roster right now. 1 of them is Sudfeld.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

6th-7th is fine...just get a guy you like

Couple of names. Easton Stick, Kyle Shurmur, Tyree Jackson,  heck even Trace McSorely if it's like round 6 or 7 if they like him.

45 minutes ago, Danger said:

Couple of names. Easton Stick, Kyle Shurmur, Tyree Jackson,  heck even Trace McSorely if it's like round 6 or 7 if they like him.

I'll check them out...my assumption has been Trace will go to the Browns since he's similar enough to Baker to not have to change much

3 hours ago, Danger said:

You can't draft a divisional rivals head coaches son that's just asking for trouble and trace mscorely isn't draftable at all.

9 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think Williams, Oliver, and Tillery all offer a good bit more in the pass rush dept. Don't really like him at 25 anymore.

They do no question but again as a locker room presence I think C. Wilkins could be amazing for any roster.  I see him possibly with Seattle as a potential run stopping DE like they had with Red Bryant a few years back or he could give some much needed interior pressure as well. That is where I could see him going, and he is an energizer, him brings up the energy and intensity of the team and his character as a person is through the roof!  Q. Williams, Oliver and Tillery are better players possibly but as leaders and personalities, Wilkins has them beat all day in that category.

8 hours ago, Danger said:

True but Tyree Jackson will be gone in the 3rd or 4th.  Kyle Shurmur would be ok and Stick as well no question.  Jordan Ta'amu would be a great pickup in the 6th or 7th potentially as a project type guy, no doubt has some arm talent to him.  

12 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The only one who has a shot at being around at our pick in that group is Tillery.

I think Wilkins would be incredible on our defensive line. Dude is a damn good athlete, has tons of experience, works in traffic laterally better than every other defensive line prospect in the draft to me. Consistently makes tackles behind the LOS because of his quickness/strength combo. If you don't think he's worth it at 25, I think he's being underrated at this point. 

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

The only one who has a shot at being around at our pick in that group is Tillery.

I think Wilkins would be incredible on our defensive line. Dude is a damn good athlete, has tons of experience, works in traffic laterally better than every other defensive line prospect in the draft to me. Consistently makes tackles behind the LOS because of his quickness/strength combo. If you don't think he's worth it at 25, I think he's being underrated at this point. 

From the games I've watched, he didn't really jump off the film to me. Clelin Ferrell on the other hand. I'd be ecstatic if he slipped to us somehow. 

Wilkins ceiling isn't as high as Tillery's, but his worst case scenario is probably a slightly better Mike Patterson. I will say you don't see very many 6'6 DT's in a 4-3. Usually they top out at 6'4. I almost expect a 3/4 team to draft Tillery because of his length. 4-3 schemes might worry about leverage? I dunno. 

Archived