2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

What? No?

he’s gonna be sitting there late round two 

- Every mock for most teams 

No he is not, he is too good. Somebody is either going to take him at the end of Round 1 (Rams, GB, Patriots). I can even see the Colts grabbing him at 26 or somebody is trading up to the bottom of the 1st to get him. Is absolute floor, I think is the Colts at the top of the 2nd.

Maybe we need to not think so sort term. The Eagles are a pretty complete roster and no rookie will probably make a huge impact this year. Might as well get a discount on a top 5-10 player. Maybe even with the date of his injury he could play at the very end of the season or the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

No he is not, he is too good. Somebody is either going to take him at the end of Round 1 (Rams, GB, Patriots). I can even see the Colts grabbing him at 26 or somebody is trading up to the bottom of the 1st to get him. Is absolute floor, I think is the Colts at the top of the 2nd.

Maybe we need to not think so sort term. The Eagles are a pretty complete roster and no rookie will probably make a huge impact this year. Might as well get a discount on a top 5-10 player. Maybe even with the date of his injury he could play at the very end of the season or the playoffs. 

i wonder how gun shy we'll be after sidney hasnt worked out so far

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That would be a pretty dumb reason not to take him IMO. 

well the other main reason would be we're trying to win the superbowl this year and getting no production from your first round pick isnt ideal.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If we have a pretty complete roster, then why wouldn't we go all-in to win this season? Windows usually aren't open very long unless you have Brady/Manning.

Might as well get a guy who can contribute this year, because next year we might not be as good.

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

well the other main reason would be we're trying to win the superbowl this year and getting no production from your first round pick isnt ideal.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

If we have a pretty complete roster, then why wouldn't we go all-in to win this season? Windows usually aren't open very long unless you have Brady/Manning.

Might as well get a guy who can contribute this year, because next year we might not be as good.

I mean what if the Eagles take a Tackle at 25. That will make no impact. Sure you could grab a 3rd Safety but, there will probably be one there just as good in the 2nd. We could grab a worse DT or EDGE and they would be a part time player anyway. If you really want to go all in, for this year. Draft Simmons then use the 20 mill and change they still have an go sign Suh. Now you are all in AND have a longterm stud. Profit. 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I mean what if the Eagles take a Tackle at 25. That will make no impact. Sure you could grab a 3rd Safety but, there will probably be one there just as good in the 2nd. We could grab a worse DT or EDGE and they would be a part time player anyway. If you really want to go all in, for this year. Draft Simmons then use the 20 mill and change they still have an go sign Suh. Now you are all in AND have a longterm stud. Profit. 

If you think Jason Peters is going to start 16 games, you're nuts. Drafting an OT would help this season at some point.

Suh had like 2 good games outside of the playoffs last year. He was part of the reason the Rams D sucked for 15 games, even though he got to play next to the defensive MVP of the league. I don't want him here.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

If you think Jason Peters is going to start 16 games, you're nuts. Drafting an OT would help this season at some point.

Suh had like 2 good games outside of the playoffs last year. He was part of the reason the Rams D sucked for 15 games, even though he got to play next to the defensive MVP of the league. I don't want him here.

So you'd rather draft an ok T who might play a few games over an absolute stud at DT who will create the most dominate DT duo in the league, all because he won't show up in a few games this year? That is very short sighted and makes no sense IMO. I just used Suh as a example, the point is the Eagles have over 20 mill in cap space, still, they can afford to take Simmons and then plug that hole with a pretty good vet after the draft. 

31 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So you'd rather draft an ok T who might play a few games over an absolute stud at DT who will create the most dominate DT duo in the league, all because he won't show up in a few games this year? That is very short sighted and makes no sense IMO. I just used Suh as a example, the point is the Eagles have over 20 mill in cap space, still, they can afford to take Simmons and then plug that hole with a pretty good vet after the draft. 

No, I'd rather draft Andre Dillard. A good with potential to be really good OT who could start at LG (and would be an upgrade there) until Peters inevitably goes down.

Create the most dominant DT duo in the league? Maybe at defending the run, but Simmons was never Fletcher Cox or Chris Jones as a pass rusher. 

What would Jeff Simmons bring to the team (in a year) that Dexter Lawrence or Jerry Tillery couldn't? Lawrence in particular, since he and Simmons kinda do the same things well.

Also, the bolded is funny. 16 games is more than a few. And you expect him to look 100% as soon as he comes back? A.P. and Jason Peters are the only 2 people I can think of who didn't look like an 70-80% version of themselves the very next year. It'll probably be 2 years before we see Simmons look like he did before he hurt himself.

20 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

No, I'd rather draft Andre Dillard. A good with potential to be really good OT who could start at LG until Peters inevitably goes down.

Create the most dominant DT duo in the league? Maybe at defending the run, but Simmons was never Fletcher Cox or Chris Jones as a pass rusher. 

Dillard would be a fine pick, however

1) I view him as T only, I don’t think he’d hold up at G

2) Doubtful he gets to 25. I have a hard time seeing the Texans not taking him at 23.

3) As far as year 1 impact I don’t think Dillard wont give us much more than Simmons. I think Simmons is a better player than Dillard. 

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

‘‘Twas sarcasm my dear Pete

Archived