2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

No, I'd rather draft Andre Dillard. A good with potential to be really good OT who could start at LG (and would be an upgrade there) until Peters inevitably goes down.

Create the most dominant DT duo in the league? Maybe at defending the run, but Simmons was never Fletcher Cox or Chris Jones as a pass rusher. 

What would Jeff Simmons bring to the team (in a year) that Dexter Lawrence or Jerry Tillery couldn't? Lawrence in particular, since he and Simmons kinda do the same things well.

Also, the bolded is funny. 16 games is more than a few. And you expect him to look 100% as soon as he comes back? A.P. and Jason Peters are the only 2 people I can think of who didn't look like an 70-80% version of themselves the very next year. It'll probably be 2 years before we see Simmons look like he did before he hurt himself.

Seumalo is starting at LG next year just let it go already. I know you know its true.

I just find it funny that we are all clamoring for players who wouldn’t start and might barely make an impact at 25 but we can’t draft Simmons because he won’t play year 1. It really doesn’t make much sense if you think about it 

21 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I just find it funny that we are all clamoring for players who wouldn’t start and might barely make an impact at 25 but we can’t draft Simmons because he won’t play year 1. It really doesn’t make much sense if you think about it 

would we technically get another year of him anyway? his option year and a rfa year? (because he'd never be put on the roster)

22 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

would we technically get another year of him anyway? his option year and a rfa year? (because he'd never be put on the roster)

no because of the 5th year option for first round picks. 

48 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

i want to trade down fren add picks next year.

edit: Although I guess taking Simmons is like getting a top 15 pick but only a year later.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

the beauty of having a complete roster. I mean there are guys who move the needle a little bit. Like if we get one of the top safeties they play like 40% of the time like the 3rd DT would, plus the safety allows you to cut Sendejo by week 10 to keep a 4th round comp pick (if no one signs Timmy, Ajayi or Wiz by the beginning of May) 

so it's not without merit.

But yeah, I'm totally down for taking simmons. Most years he's the best DT in his class. Williams just happens to have some generational like tape and Oliver for some is too intriguing to pass up. But Simmons and Cox, with Malik would be down right scary the next two years.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

the beauty of having a complete roster. I mean there are guys who move the needle a little bit. Like if we get one of the top safeties they play like 40% of the time like the 3rd DT would, plus the safety allows you to cut Sendejo by week 10 to keep a 4th round comp pick (if no one signs Timmy, Ajayi or Wiz by the beginning of May) 

so it's not without merit.

But yeah, I'm totally down for taking simmons. Most years he's the best DT in his class. Williams just happens to have some generational like tape and Oliver for some is too intriguing to pass up. But Simmons and Cox, with Malik would be down right scary the next two years.

Also, there are several scenarios where I don't see a player at 25 being there who is much better than the players who you'll get at 53 or 57. Sure we could take Adderly or CGJ at 25 but are they that much better than Hooker or Thornhill at 53? I mean enough that it is not worth it to then add Jeffery Simmons as well in 2020? 

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Also, there are several scenarios where I don't see a player at 25 being there who is much better than the players who you'll get at 53 or 57. Sure we could take Adderly or CGJ at 25 but are they that much better than Hooker or Thornhill at 53? I mean enough that it is not worth it to then add Jeffery Simmons as well in 2020? 

I actually wouldn't hate drafting Simmons, though I'd rather do it in round 2. I am more with ninja in the trade down (and preferrably pick up a 3rd) camp. But then, I am also just a bit with Jeezla in that I think a versatile offensive lineman is the best bet. The guy I like as a fit is Cody Ford, though. Huge, athletic, with long arms, and strong as an ox. Can immediately compete with Pryor (and likely win) to keep Brooks spot warm. Then offers an option at either LT or LG when Peters goes and if Kelce decides to hang it up. (Depending on Mailata and/or assuming Seumalo moves to C).

It's why I also like guys like Risner and Lindstrom as good fits.

11 minutes ago, killdawabbit said:

I actually wouldn't hate drafting Simmons, though I'd rather do it in round 2. I am more with ninja in the trade down (and preferrably pick up a 3rd) camp. But then, I am also just a bit with Jeezla in that I think a versatile offensive lineman is the best bet. The guy I like as a fit is Cody Ford, though. Huge, athletic, with long arms, and strong as an ox. Can immediately compete with Pryor (and likely win) to keep Brooks spot warm. Then offers an option at either LT or LG when Peters goes and if Kelce decides to hang it up. (Depending on Mailata and/or assuming Seumalo moves to C).

It's why I also like guys like Risner and Lindstrom as good fits.

I'm interested in Risner could see him starting almost anywhere on the Oline 

6 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I'd be ok with Simmons but I'd rather trade back a few and pick up some picks. Then pick him. Just like I said about using one of our 4ths on Bryce Love.

I get the infatuation with getting players who drop in the draft because of injury but why is everyone  so gun ho about injured players most likely missing the 2019 season??

There's no guarantee any of these players get back to thier dominate  pre-injury selves, could get reinjured over and over in the future for we know? Isn't that what we are all Praying Sidney Jones does? Get healthy. Who is to say he will?

If Simmons drops out of the 1st and the cost  isn't massive to move up earlier in the 2nd, I'm ok with it. Otherwise, hard pass. Give me someone NOT injured that can contribute into the rotation from day 1 of the 2019 run to the SB!!

Do we really believe an OL is going to be able to play at a high enough level day 1? 

Risner is purely a OT prospect to me. 

Ford has a nastiness about him I like does he move well enough for what we like to do? Does he have enough strength to anchor ? 

Dillard is gone before 25. 

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they go CotF at 25 a few guys that could develop into replacements, allowing them to keep Seumalo at OG and. Possibly challenge Pryor at G until Brooks is back

Archived