2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I get the infatuation with getting players who drop in the draft because of injury but why is everyone  so gun ho about injured players most likely missing the 2019 season??

There's no guarantee any of these players get back to thier dominate  pre-injury selves, could get reinjured over and over in the future for we know? Isn't that what we are all Praying Sidney Jones does? Get healthy. Who is to say he will?

If Simmons drops out of the 1st and the cost  isn't massive to move up earlier in the 2nd, I'm ok with it. Otherwise, hard pass. Give me someone NOT injured that can contribute into the rotation from day 1 of the 2019 run to the SB!!

So you’d rather spend multiple high picks on a guy who doesn’t play rather than just one? That makes no sense? If you are willing to trade up for Simmons just take him at 25. You can get the year 1 impact from the guys at 53 and 57

59 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

The closer we get to the draft I think there is no way we don't take an offensive lineman in the 1st. The only way we don't imo is if someone like Oliver falls and we trade up for him. He will go top 10 for sure though.

I don't agree, A lot of people have him falling between 12-20 due to QBS and OL

6 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Do we really believe an OL is going to be able to play at a high enough level day 1? 

Risner is purely a OT prospect to me. 

Ford has a nastiness about him I like does he move well enough for what we like to do? Does he have enough strength to anchor ? 

Dillard is gone before 25. 

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they go CotF at 25 a few guys that could develop into replacements, allowing them to keep Seumalo at OG and. Possibly challenge Pryor at G until Brooks is back

Possibly, that's why you have them compete for the spot. Either way, the Eagles adding to the pipeline is a legit need. 

Risner played center before moving to tackle. He is a legit 4 (possibly 5?) position player and would offer tremendous flexibility to the team going forward.

Ford is extremely athletic for his size. Almost (but not quite) Shawn Andrews-like. He also has an excellent anchor and did 36 reps with almost 35" arms. There is an argument that he could be a bit boom/bust, but his potential is very high. The potential flexibility he could add is icing.

1 hour ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

The closer we get to the draft I think there is no way we don't take an offensive lineman in the 1st. The only way we don't imo is if someone like Oliver falls and we trade up for him. He will go top 10 for sure though.

Apparently Oliver's visit didn't go well.

https://insidetheiggles.com/2019/04/13/eagles-draft-rumors-ed-oliver-leaves-bad-impression/

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

Reading that I wonder to what length did they go to "provoke him"? Are they testing the player to see if he can withstand Philly fans? 

The Eagles set up faux mediia days and ask tough questions. It's basically to see if they can maintain their composure.

7 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they go CotF at 25 a few guys that could develop into replacements, allowing them to keep Seumalo at OG and. Possibly challenge Pryor at G until Brooks is back

I would be absolutely stunned if they drafted a C in the first round. Later in the draft? Absolutely, but I can't see it in the first round. 

36 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I´m tired of this tactics of provoking talented players. At some point you should look at being able to handle talented players with egos. 

If prospects don't understand  that every step of the process is an extended job interview and act accordingly, then it certainly brings up valid maturity questions if nothing else does it not?

2 minutes ago, killdawabbit said:

If prospects don't understand  that every step of the process is an extended job interview and act accordingly, then it certainly brings up valid maturity questions if nothing else does it not?

Agreed but we seem to go out of our way to provoke players more so than any other teams. 

1 hour ago, killdawabbit said:

I've seen that pop up, waiting to give it credence until one of the more plugged in guys on the beat has something similar.

Even if the report is similar, who's to say it's real

That said it fits with some of the reporting from college on him

35 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Agreed but we seem to go out of our way to provoke players more so than any other teams. 

They do seem to come up with this stuff a lot.

I mean they were interested in Antonio Brown and Amari Cooper, both ends of the moody receiver spectrum. SO it's not like they are anti personality or anything.

I think it really is a draft thing. If you are Guice and can't handle someone asking if you love Fortnite more that Football, maybe you need to grow up a little bit.

It's not really fans so much as our beat writers, they can be ruthless sometimes. Which hey you do you. But when you get asked about screwing up a play...or something dumb you did for the 14th time in 3 days. How will you handle that?

Archived