2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'd rather stay at 25 and take Lindstrom, who is a better athlete.

Eh. If they're both there at 25, you take Ford who can play G but also offers additional insurance at T and is a higher upside prospect. I do like Lindstrom a lot as a fit, particularly if you have a lot of confidence in Mailata, though.

I'm not sure I like spending resources to trade up at all in this particular draft. It has real good depth at positions the Eagles can use moving beyond this season. I really feel like this is a draft where you attempt to future proof the team as much as possible.

23 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I get the feeling it will be Risner, just seems like the type of guy we go after. 

I would like this a lot. Particularly if they can trade back a couple picks and still get him (he could go anywhere in the 20 to 45 range). I think he has Runyan-esque potential and would give the Eagles a ton of flexibility going forward.

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'd rather stay at 25 and take Lindstrom, who is a better athlete.

Would like that too, just my feelings on what Howie is thinking. Getting a guy that can play guard and tackle adds a lot of flexibility and value.

i think he ticks a lot of boxes.

I don’t get this WR in the first smoke. 

Id rather stay put and take an IOL or Tillery or any of the top DL. Smartest move to me is drop down some, take Simmons and get an extra top 100 pick.

1 hour ago, killdawabbit said:

Eh. If they're both there at 25, you take Ford who can play G but also offers additional insurance at T and is a higher upside prospect. I do like Lindstrom a lot as a fit, particularly if you have a lot of confidence in Mailata, though.

I'm not sure I like spending resources to trade up at all in this particular draft. It has real good depth at positions the Eagles can use moving beyond this season. I really feel like this is a draft where you attempt to future proof the team as much as possible.

Ford> lindstrom. Versatile and a mauler, that’s what Doug likes. I want bullies up front and I think he is a lot like brandon brooks.

2 hours ago, killdawabbit said:

In what way is Ford's upside higher? Lindstrom is faster, more agile, and stronger...

I think Ford is as overrated as Gary. Never looked like more than a 2nd rounder to me. 

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Lindstrom is faster, more agile, and stronger...

For some reason Lindstrom reminds me of Garnet and I can't shake that. Just can't shake that he's a bit overrated in an underwhelming iOL class.

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I'd rather not take an OL in the first at all. 

I'm with you, but I think we still will. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

For some reason Lindstrom reminds me of Garnet and I can't shake that. Just can't shake that he's a bit overrated in an underwhelming iOL class.

I'm with you, but I think we still will. 

meh I just think there is wasted value in taking an OL in the first you dont plan to play right away.

I was sure we were taking OL in the first like 2 days ago but I could see DL just as easily now. There's only 2 or 3 guys at OL that would be enough value in the 1st.

Like someone said earlier it REALLY depends who falls. This draft is stacked at like four positions.

I think we trade up if someone elite falls into the teens, we stay put if a good OL or DL is there at 25, or we trade down worst case scenario and pick up a 3rd maybe. There will still be some decent value in the 3rd.

10 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

I was sure we were taking OL in the first like 2 days ago but I could see DL just as easily now. There's only 2 or 3 guys at OL that would be enough value in the 1st.

Like someone said earlier it REALLY depends who falls. This draft is stacked at like four positions.

I think we trade up if someone elite falls into the teens, we stay put if a good OL or DL is there at 25, or we trade down worst case scenario and pick up a 3rd maybe. There will still be some decent value in the 3rd.

we seem so hard up for draft picks I doubt we trade up.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

In what way is Ford's upside higher? Lindstrom is faster, more agile, and stronger...

I think Ford is as overrated as Gary. Never looked like more than a 2nd rounder to me. 

Ford is more of a boom/bust to be sure, but he's huge, athletic (no, not just for his size) and nasty. Similar to Shawn Andrews in some ways. Lindstrom is also closer to his ceiling. Doesn't mean I'm down on Lindstrom at all either.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

meh I just think there is wasted value in taking an OL in the first you dont plan to play right away.

You are going to have to figure out where a first round pick is going to start then. The starting jobs for this season are pretty much set. There is just as much value in taking a talented, versatile, O lineman as there is in a DT (for example) from a team building standpoint. DT will be a second team rotational piece at best. An OL will immediately compete for Brooks' vacated snaps until he's healthy and potentially provide a starter moving forward. 

Archived