2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, Jeezla said:

He's not robotic, but he is a little stiff changing direction. He stops and starts really well, but there's a hitch when he moves sideways. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/d-k-metcalf

Change of Direction Skills –Lateral quickness and explosiveness out of breaks are hallmarks of his game. Will snap hard off of stem and carries speed, creating a headache for defenders to stay attached with playing overhead. Loose hips provide ample swing back to his passer despite high speed.

Routes - Wins routes early with dynamic hand and footwork in his release. Knows how to work his route stem to manipulate the corner, establish leverage and sell his breaks. Hasn't be tasked with running an overly expansive route tree but the traits are present to be an outstanding route-runner and separator in the NFL. Rare acceleration for his size and springs explosively out of his breaks. Understands where zone coverage is soft and adjusts. Alters his tempo effectively.

YAC Ability - Rare burst and acceleration for his size to create for himself post-catch. Willing to challenge tacklers with physicality and showcases a strong stiff arm with his off-hand. Is competitive and decisive as a ball carrier. Will force defensive backs to make business decisions.

Route Running – Metcalf aligned almost exclusively on the outside of the offensive formation to the left-hand side. Playing out there in the SEC, he faced plenty of press or bump coverages. However, Metcalf had a ton of success with his press coverage releases. With footwork that can be a blur for his size, he would re-set the line of scrimmage and discard the jam with violent hands. Metcalf takes full advantage of his strength and length combination while facing press. With an arsenal of hand swipes and proper anticipation, he dominates the contact window. Extremely physical route runner at the top of his stems when he has to be, clearing space with violence. Consistently worked downhill towards the quarterback when necessary.

Metcalf showed acceleration after beating press coverage or on vertical cuts. Mostly operating on the vertical plane, he understands how to threaten side to side before continuing down the field. Makes a conscious effort to stack defensive backs right after his route breaks.

Metcalf has technique issues that limit his speed on curl and comeback breaks. He’ll rarely take the least amount of steps necessarily, needing to pause at the top of his route for a moment. Metcalf was rarely asked to run in-breaking routes in the Rebels offense, but there are enough examples on his film to suggest moderate success in that area moving forward.

He does have some shortcomings, but I see no reason to think that given everything else said by these guys, that it can't be overcome.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m listening to Locked On NFL Guest Mock Draft and Eagles are tomorrow and DK is still sitting there 

WRs in the draft of that type are often undervalued. It's as if people scare themselves out of taking athletic phenom by convincing themselves that these players are overrated otherwise.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I’d take him as a developmental T in the 4th. 

Problem is IMO, that from all the sim mocks I've done, in the 4th there's been this void of of OTs worth taking there. You have all these guys with 2nd-3rd grades, and then 5th-7th round guys.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Problem is IMO, that from all the sim mocks I've done, in the 4th there's been this void of of OTs worth taking there. You have all these guys with 2nd-3rd grades, and then 5th-7th round guys.

I like Bobby Evans and Chuma Edoga in that range. It is a crap shoot if they make it there though 

List your top 11 Draft crushes projected to go mid-round 2 or later

1 Darrell Henderson
2 Terry McLaurin
3 Maxx Crosby
4 Amani Hooker
5 Darnell Savage
6 Trysten Hill
7 Daylon Mack
8 David Long (The CB)
9 Sean Bunting 
10 Miles Boykin
11 Marvel Tell

Germaine Pratt = Nigel Bradham. Don't like him in the middle, but I think he'd be a good OLB. I'm still hoping we sign Zach Brown. I really don't want Nigel at MLB, and I don't want a rookie there either in a win-now season. Sign Brown or trade for Darron Lee. We need one of those to happen. 

Archived