2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

Never too early to get a head start, right?

Let's discuss who are some of your top guys heading into the 2019 NCAAF season and who you hope to see in a Cowboys uniform next year.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

All the hype is around the defensive line.

Ed Oliver
Nick Bosa
Christian Wilkins
Clelin Ferrell
Austin Bryant
Dexter Lawrence
Rashan Gary
Christian Rector
Raekwon Davis
DreMont Jones

Very good reason. 

Maybe this is why they aren't in a hurry to extend either of Lawrence or Irving?

1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

All the hype is around the defensive line.

Ed Oliver
Nick Bosa

Christian Wilkins
Clelin Ferrell
Austin Bryant
Dexter Lawrence
Rashan Gary
Christian Rector
Raekwon Davis
DreMont Jones

Highlighted my favorites thus far. May change.  Need to start working on a Needs list here soon.

I bet LB will be high priority. As well as TE .... and dare I say maybe QB.

Also and this is important, we have collectively as a forum mocked and begged for a DT for....well the entirety of my time on FF. I suggest a little reverse psychology here and we never speak or mock a DT to Dallas. It's obvious they hate them

Edited by WizardHawk

29 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Also and this is important, we have collectively as a forum mocked and begged for a DT for....well the entirety of my time on FF. I suggest a little reverse psychology here and we never speak or mock a DT to Dallas. It's obvious they hate them

I'm so glad Vea was gone by 19. I would have been pissed.

I like LVE tho

Edited by DaBoys

36 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

On the LB front - I think it hinges on Jaylon. If he looks sluggish again, you'll definitely need to find another early round LB. If he looks good, he or LVE can slide to WILL and be fine.

As for QB, if we win 6 or fewer games with a healthy Dak, I think a new coaching staff would want their own QB of the future

I like Dak and think if we play to his strengths as we did in 2016, he'll be fine. I don't see LB as a high need as of now. I feel confident in Smith's recovery and obviously am high on LVE. 

@flyingmonkey30, obviously I'm not suggesting that would be the sole reason they apparently aren't in a rush to get contract extensions on D-Law or Irving, just saying that may be one reason one or both aren't depending on how this season plays out. I'd be a very happy man if we end up with one of the higher end DL prospects that are projected to be available next off-season.