2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

3 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I'm not cutting an All Pro Left Tackle based on a three game sample, but that's just me.

Anyway, got my first look at Drew Lock tonight, and I'm impressed. He looks a lot better than he did as a junior. Much more accurate. Still has a ways to go, and I didn't get to see the Georgia game yet, but it's a good start for his senior year.

I like Drew Lock the most out of all the QBs. While he has to work on some things, his arm talent is special. He has a huge arm, pro style offense and some of the throws he makes in games Dak couldn't make in his sleep. It's super early, but I would be excited if he was the future of the Cowboys

3 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

I see lil jordan more as a possesion receiver and if Dak is still qb then a poss wr isnt what the team needs

Dak needs his safety cushion and Lil'Jordan excels at running many of the routes Dak is comfortable with throwing. In fact he can run pretty much anything we ask him to and still be a sure handed receiver.

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

For the moment this is the only real answer. Maybe Herbert. Maybe Haskins.  

No to Haskins, I agree yes to Montez who T_O7 brought up.

Still want to look at everyone else, of course. But my initial impressions of Lock are that he's a bit of a gunslinger. He looks much more accurate than he was last year. His footwork is more sound, and he drags his back foot much less than he did last year. He still throws off balance too much, but he might have the arm strength to get away with it. I think he has some Matt Ryan to his game.

Justin Herbert, Dwayne Haskins, Will Grier, and Tyree Jackson are all must-watches for me right now, even though three of those four guys are underclassmen.

On 9/10/2018 at 5:03 PM, flyingmonkey30 said:

I was just having this conversation with my roommate, wanted to see how everyone here feels.

Let's say we finish with a top 5 pick - Dak stays healthy and plays all 16 games, JG gets canned. Would you rather draft Ed Oliver or potentially reach on a QB? I haven't really studied anyone yet, but hypothetically, let's say it's a QB class similar to 2017 or 2014.

Just want to revisit this. With the way the defense has been playing, I think you have to go QB. Plus, I feel better about the QB options now that the season has started than I did a few weeks ago. Yeah Ed Oliver or Nick Bosa could take this defense to an astronomical level, but I'd almost rather just deal with David Irving and let him wreck offenses at 3T and draft my future QB.

*Opinion subject to change

1 hour ago, D82 said:

You have a shot at a guy you believe can be your franchise QB for the next decade, you take him. 

If not...I'm ok with taking one of the elite DL in this draft or trading down for more picks. 

Havent really looked at the top qbs but so far i dont like many of em. Oliver is a once in a generation talent. If hes there you have to take him even though the DL talent in this draft is insane good and deep.

11 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Havent really looked at the top qbs but so far i dont like many of em. Oliver is a once in a generation talent. If hes there you have to take him even though the DL talent in this draft is insane good and deep.

Herbert has potential. I think if we could get a guy like Riley to be our HC, we'd be looking at something special. 

Archived