2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

16 hours ago, D82 said:

You have a shot at a guy you believe can be your franchise QB for the next decade, you take him. 

If not...I'm ok with taking one of the elite DL in this draft or trading down for more picks. 

Yea  I agree. Only exception to this deal is if its 2013 or something. H/e most of these QBs comings out are looking more and more impressive. 

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

there are exceptions to my rule. BUT that QB be truly a near can't miss QB, otherwise putting a QB just to replace Dak is not the answer for me.

Starting new with a new coaching staff and QB might be the answer. Keep in mind Jimmy won SBs while working with Jerry. Maybe we can find that extraordinary who can win us one or 2 before Jerry fires him to take credit again. 

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

there are exceptions to my rule. BUT that QB be truly a near can't miss QB, otherwise putting a QB just to replace Dak is not the answer for me.

There are no can't miss players in the draft. If you're picking high enough for Ed Oliver and you are unsure about the QB position, you have to go QB imo. A new HC will probably want their own QB also.

Dak should not go into next year without competition as the starting QB

I know people are saying Jerry would never let Dak go. I think that too, but I do hold out hope by looking for possible reasons he might.

So mine is Tony Romo. Jerry loved Tony for years. Rode with him through thick and thin, and yet in 2016 when he was only supposed to be out for like 10 games or so. He still stuck with Dak by the seasons end when Jerry would have not done so otherwise in any other year. Now maybe that was Jerry, or maybe it was someone else. But maybe that Jerry or that someone has begun to assert the authority needed to make these tough decisions just to move on like we did from Ware, and then Dez and such.

I didn't agree with those two and I didn't think they were the best decisions. But this was not what Jerry was known for before when rode his favorite players until the wheels came off.

2 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I mean Tony Romo is turning 40 this year fellas. I don't know where the idea came from that Tony would be a better fit for us right now.

Tony's time in the NFL was coming to an end anways. Just so happens Dak showed up at that same time.

I agree. But once again, I'm not sure everyone including Tony, any teams that offered him after, and yes Jerry saw it that way. It was a huge decision for them to make, and there's no down playing it.

Just look at the contract length, that we are still paying for.

I wanted to make a thread on this question, BUT it's only week 4. Shocked

But rank our needs for next years draft/FA.

PS I won't be mad or opposed to a QB. After all Aikman went number 1, but Jimmy Johnson drafted Steve Walsh anyhow, before trading him for draft picks.

For me, obviously the best WR/TE then TE/WR. FS, DT, QB (for at least backup if not competition for Dak) O-lineman, then LB.

DE could go much higher depending on FA.

ready set go!!!!

Archived