2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

5 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

We are in the dark ages again boys. The front office refuses to admit they made a mistake with Dak Prescott, Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan.

The Cowboys won't be doing anything until Jerry Jones and most likely Stephen Jones die off.

If that's the case...think I'll be looking for a new team.

5 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

I still think there’s plenty of talent in this draft to make up for the loss of a first. This draft is defense heavy anyway.

What do we need on defense?

Keep in mind we don't draft DTs. 

The early 2nd round might be a great spot to land a top tier safety though. It seems the FO doesn't value that position either

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

The early 2nd round might be a great spot to land a top tier safety though. It seems the FO doesn't value that position either

Martell Ivey is a guy to keep an eye on. Also Nicklebacks are becoming starting roles in today's NFL and someone like Kris Boyd would fit Kris Richard's type defense and probably make it elite cause Anthony Brown is a liability now. Also there is no telling if we keep Lawrence and even if we do we should have the abilty to send in a pass rush rotation. I would prefer looking at a guy like Porter Gustin as edge depth. He has starter like talent.

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I imagine we'll sign Thomas next off-season, so don't see us taking a safety high.

Maybe a TE?

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

I imagine we'll sign Thomas next off-season, so don't see us taking a safety high.

Maybe a TE?

I loved your mock when you had us taking Jace Sternberger, he would be my ideal match for us. I'm scared that he may be flashy enough to make it into round 1. TE is the only sure need right now. I admit Tyron is starting to worry me h/e his contract is just too massive right now for us to just cut him the same way we did Dez so he will be playing. With Thomas almost certain to sign with us, Woods and Frazier have done a decent job of filling the SS position so that's not a need the only other area that may need addressing will be nickle corner on defense if we ignore offense. Antwaun Woods and Ross have been more then outstanding in the 1-tech for us and with David Irving back and a rotational player with Collins subbing in, that DLine is as solid as we could hope. Only other thing may be if RG falls off or doesn't fullfill his potential which he seems to be getting better as the games wear on.

Even if Cooper reaches what we hope him to be I doubt we make it past the first round of the playoffs again this year. We are just not build to win this year. We already have too many things stacked against us including Cooper upcoming contract demands. Although I will say if Gallup keeps getting open this will take pressure off Cooper and we could develop a legit receiving core if he does. But again alot rides on Gallup and Cooper.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I loved your mock when you had us taking Jace Sternberger, he would be my ideal match for us. I'm scared that he may be flashy enough to make it into round 1. TE is the only sure need right now. I admit Tyron is starting to worry me h/e his contract is just too massive right now for us to just cut him the same way we did Dez so he will be playing. With Thomas almost certain to sign with us, Woods and Frazier have done a decent job of filling the SS position so that's not a need the only other area that may need addressing will be nickle corner on defense if we ignore offense. Antwaun Woods and Ross have been more then outstanding in the 1-tech for us and with David Irving back and a rotational player with Collins subbing in, that DLine is as solid as we could hope. Only other thing may be if RG falls off or doesn't fullfill his potential which he seems to be getting better as the games wear on.

Even if Cooper reaches what we hope him to be I doubt we make it past the first round of the playoffs again this year. We are just not build to win this year. We already have too many things stacked against us including Cooper upcoming contract demands. Although I will say if Gallup keeps getting open this will take pressure off Cooper and we could develop a legit receiving core if he does. But again alot rides on Gallup and Cooper.

I think Tyron is worrying too much about Williams (be it for legitimate reasons or not, I don't know) right now and that's affecting his play. Saw it on one of the sacks on Dak where Tyron had his guy, but for whatever reason came off his block to try and assist CW only to blow his assignment and give up the sack. That's something that should improve as they both develop chemistry (I hope). 

Should we sign Thomas, I like the secondary. We re-sign Lawrence (we'll have the space to do so) and I like our DL. LVE and Jaylon are going to be a great duo for us at linebacker. So...I mean...there aren't too many areas on this team I'd say we have absolute needs right now. If Dak could get it together and our WR corps develops the way we hope, this team could be something. Coaching right now is our biggest weakness IMO, but if we have another 8-8 or higher season, I can see the front office giving Jason yet another pass. 

9 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

TE is at the top of my wish list at the moment. Round 2 is a sweet spot to get a potential high-level starter at the position. I'd take care of my DL in free agency (re-sign Lawrence, maybe Irving or a different quality DT) and go sign Earl Thomas. Give Connor Williams some steroids and let's rock. 

I honestly wouldn't mind another WR or another safety in the 2nd round. We shouldn't put all of our eggs in the Earl Thomas basket, as he has another injury to overcome

11 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

TE is at the top of my wish list at the moment. Round 2 is a sweet spot to get a potential high-level starter at the position. I'd take care of my DL in free agency (re-sign Lawrence, maybe Irving or a different quality DT) and go sign Earl Thomas. Give Connor Williams some steroids and let's rock. 

I like this. But, we get a new coaching staff with it, right?  

2 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I honestly wouldn't mind another WR or another safety in the 2nd round. We shouldn't put all of our eggs in the Earl Thomas basket, as he has another injury to overcome

It does make me feel better that the injury is a break though. It's not an ACL or any tissue. It's broken bone. Bones heal. Players don't have issues coming back from bone usually 

Archived