2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

So... which QB do you think is going to be there by the time we pick in Round 2? 

Assuming Dallas picks in the 40-43 range and Herbert declares, I think there is a really good chance that all of them could be available.

Herbert - 1st rd
Grier - 1st/2nd
Montez - 2nd
Lock - 2nd/3rd
Jones - 2nd/3rd
Stidham - 3rd
Finley - 3rd

That;s what I'm thinking right now, but still a long ways to go though.

I think it's pretty clear we can save the QB talk until 2020. Dak is going to be their QB next year, and if he can't get it together by then, QB will be at the top of the list.

Which means if neither guy declares, Herbert and Haskins will be battling with Tua for the top QB in 2020.

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I think it's pretty clear we can save the QB talk until 2020. Dak is going to be their QB next year, and if he can't get it together by then, QB will be at the top of the list.

Which means if neither guy declares, Herbert and Haskins will be battling with Tua for the top QB in 2020.

Yeah, I think any thoughts on Dallas drafting a QB can be put to bed. At least picking one high any way. Even a mid to low round will pretty long odds, I would imagine with White being drafted last season.

I think Fromm can probably be put on the watch list for next year too. 

10 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

How much do We have under the cap next year?

If we can I would like to go:

Lewan from Tenn. At Tackle

J. James at TE from Pitt

E. Thomas at S.

Then draft BPA.

Thoughts?

Dallas should have somewhere around $60m in cap total, counting their usually restructures and a couple of likely cuts (ie TWill, Crawford, maybe Lee)

I don't see any changes at OT coming, but a change in who is coaching. Smith will get one more year for sure. Cutting Collins would save about $5m. Sooner rather than later I believe a change at OL coach happens. TBH, I really thought something would happen during the bye, but maybe they let it ride. 

James would be a solid addition. I'll throw my boy from Iowa, TJ Hockenson's name in the hat for a 2nd rd pick. 

I feel confident enough in ET signing with Dallas, that really could earmark $12m for him.

I'd put a versatile OL, a RB, TE, and DT on the shortlist of players I think Dallas looks at. 

Grady Jarrett is a UFA and would be great in this defense.

46 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Dallas should have somewhere around $60m in cap total, counting their usually restructures and a couple of likely cuts (ie TWill, Crawford, maybe Lee)

I don't see any changes at OT coming, but a change in who is coaching. Smith will get one more year for sure. Cutting Collins would save about $5m. Sooner rather than later I believe a change at OL coach happens. TBH, I really thought something would happen during the bye, but maybe they let it ride. 

James would be a solid addition. I'll throw my boy from Iowa, TJ Hockenson's name in the hat for a 2nd rd pick. 

I feel confident enough in ET signing with Dallas, that really could earmark $12m for him.

I'd put a versatile OL, a RB, TE, and DT on the shortlist of players I think Dallas looks at. 

Grady Jarrett is a UFA and would be great in this defense.

Well, it looks like we are in the same neighborhood.

No 1st rounder, we have to score big in FA, and they have to contribute immedietly, which is more a possibility than a rookie.

Draft picks should be for depth and future, at least this year.

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

How much do We have under the cap next year?

If we can I would like to go:

Lewan from Tenn. At Tackle

J. James at TE from Pitt

E. Thomas at S.

Then draft BPA.

Thoughts?

We're projected under $55M, before cutting T-Will and Hurns, which gets us to $62M

Tagging D-Law again costs $20M. Another 8 figures for Earl Thomas, it would seem. So now you're at about $30M.

Who else is worth spending for, though, I'm not sure. I think guys like Lewan and Jarrett will very likely get tagged. Any free agent TE seems like a guaranteed overpay. I think we end up keeping Crawford and Lee, and re-sign Beasley and hopefully Irving, and save the rest for draft class, extensions, rollover, etc.

edit: although, not having a first rounder, we won't have a very expensive draft class

4 hours ago, matt79511 said:

We're projected under $55M, before cutting T-Will and Hurns, which gets us to $62M

Tagging D-Law again costs $20M. Another 8 figures for Earl Thomas, it would seem. So now you're at about $30M.

Who else is worth spending for, though, I'm not sure. I think guys like Lewan and Jarrett will very likely get tagged. Any free agent TE seems like a guaranteed overpay. I think we end up keeping Crawford and Lee, and re-sign Beasley and hopefully Irving, and save the rest for draft class, extensions, rollover, etc.

edit: although, not having a first rounder, we won't have a very expensive draft class

And don’t forget having to sign Amari Cooper to a long term deal. 

18 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Assuming Dallas picks in the 40-43 range and Herbert declares, I think there is a really good chance that all of them could be available.

Herbert - 1st rd
Grier - 1st/2nd
Montez - 2nd
Lock - 2nd/3rd
Jones - 2nd/3rd
Stidham - 3rd
Finley - 3rd

That;s what I'm thinking right now, but still a long ways to go though.

You left out Thorson.

9 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

And don’t forget having to sign Amari Cooper to a long term deal. 

Probably. We just have so many expiring deals next year that I don't know who's getting locked up early and who's playing out their contract years.

Did a little mock...

2nd Round: Albert Okwuegbunam TE, Missouri
3rd Round: Elgton Jenkins C, Mississippi State
4th Round: Youhanna Ghaifan DT, Wyoming
4th Round (comp): Kris Boyd CB, Texas
5th Round: Hunter Renfrow WR, Clemson
7th Round: Ben Banogu EDGE, TCU 

Just now, D82 said:

Did a little mock...

I say we trade all the picks and move up as far as we can to have a shot at Hebert.

Just now, D82 said:

Did a little mock...

If Drew lock falls into the late 20's, I want a trade up. 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I say we trade all the picks and move up as far as we can to have a shot at Hebert.

That would've been really possible, if the F.O. didn't panic. 

Even if we traded all our picks this year, we still wouldn't have enough to move to #1 for Herbert. 

Archived