2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

7 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t. I want the best player available regardless of position. As I’ve said for years, we shouldn’t pigeonhole ourselves into one area because we can lose out on a superior football player.

Agree with this, but...

It does seem like there is a pretty good chance need will meet value for us at tight end in the second round. If a TE were on top of the board, that would be an ideal scenario.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Agree with this, but...

It does seem like there is a pretty good chance need will meet value for us at tight end in the second round. If a TE were on top of the board, that would be an ideal scenario.

I totally agree, but you know how I feel about getting too dialed in on one particular position. We’ve done it before, and it’s burned us each and every time.

4 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'm not entirely convinced that TE is the route to go. 

4wrs (Cooper - Gallup - Beas - someone like Austin)

And 1 rb (Zeke) 

I feel would be the most effective for Dallas. Limits the box for Zeke. 

The idea is to get a 1st string TE that is as big(bigger) of a receiving threat as your 4th string WR, but who can also block. 

Easier said than done, and usually requires a late first round pick. As it is now, no one respects our TE so I'd agree with you.

But Cooper, Gallup, Beasley, and a guy like Njoku would be more of a threat than Austin imo but leaves the flexibility 

Edited by DaBoys

15 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

The idea is to get a 1st string TE that is as big(bigger) of a receiving threat as your 4th string WR, but who can also block. 

Easier said than done, and usually requires a late first round pick. As it is now, no one respects our TE so I'd agree with you.

But Cooper, Gallup, Beasley, and a guy like Njoku would be more of a threat than Austin imo but leaves the flexibility 

But would he be more of a threat than say Hollywood?

5 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Yeah he was. Not sure exactly how he ended up at UWV though 

Gather round folks, and let me tell you the story so stupid, it could only come from Florida. 

A young little Gator, so full of life an energy - always positing on social media and as happy as could be - decided to listen to his trainer and ensure he was eating the right things to ensure his body was in tip-top-shape. But shame unto someone who trusts another. This little Gator was duped! Apparently the supplements he was given had some mysterious and hidden evil object in him that the Kings and Queens of the NCAA deemed inappropriate. 

Shame. Unto the family, unto the program, unto the kid. And instead of having a support system in place, to build up after being torn down, nay, he was expelled by the Shark-poker. Jim was too buys giving soup to other players and not wanting a QB. The idiot forced him out.

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'm not entirely convinced that TE is the route to go. 

4wrs (Cooper - Gallup - Beas - someone like Austin)

And 1 rb (Zeke) 

I feel would be the most effective for Dallas. Limits the box for Zeke. 

We need a blocker though. Someone who can line up wing and or line block as well as go out wide for redzone situations. A guy like Jace Sternberger who I am still campaigning for gets my vote. If we do go the WR route I hope it's a guy who can compete for the No.2 or even No.1 job but also can offer a variety of roles for us for more exotic plays in the hopes the SL is fired at the end of the season. Someone like Lil'Jordan Humphrey would easily fit that billing.