2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

I know, I know...way early for this...but...how would you feel about adding:

Dre'Mont Jones DT, Ohio State (1st Round)
Isaac Nauta TE, Georgia (2nd Round) 
Oshane Ximines DE, Old Dominion (3rd Round)

33 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I've only watched Jones, and I liked him as a 3T. Would be a nice pick if/when we lose Irving.

4 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I've only watched Jones, and I liked him as a 3T. Would be a nice pick if/when we lose Irving.

Ximines has some nice pass rush moves. He almost reminds me of D-Law. 

On 6/6/2018 at 10:50 AM, Desperado82 said:

No small school players with high picks.

9 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

No small school players with high picks.

Khalil Mack was a 1st rounder, so was Carson Wentz. I think if the player is good enough, school shouldn't matter.

with the Cowboy's revamping this defense it's good news that next years crop of talent is deep on the defensive line, they have already changed the secondary and are still looking at prospects to retool with Kris Richards mindset and they have now brought in more depth at the linebacker position let's fix the defensive line next year with all the question marks we have this year?

Randy Gregory - will he be reinstated, does he still have the competitive juices in him and what kind of NFL Football shape is he in.

Charles Tapper - Mr. IR has had nothing but bad luck since been drafted by the Cowboy's , he shows the talent just can't stay heathy

David Irving - SO much talent but can he get pass his personal baggage to become that elite player 

Tyrone Crawford - big contract but very inconsistent with his play

Malik Collins- so much promise but is he falling in the Charles Tapper boat with his foot issues

Jihad Ward, Dorance Armstrong, Austin Larkin, Kony Ealy could bring some competition to this equation

looking to next years draft wouldn't it be nice to have the opportunity to draft players like:

Christian Wilkens (DT)                    Ben Benogu (DE)

Raekwon Davis(DT)                         Joe Jackson (DE)

Jeffery Simmons (DT)                     Rashon Gary (DE)

Derrick Brown (DT)                           Clelin Ferrell (DE)

Raequan Williams (DT)                    Montez Sweat (DE)

I wouldn't say Crawford is inconsistent. He is constantly one of the team leaders in pressures, and always seems to give max effort. He is just underwhelming to the fullest. He is just a guy. He does nothing for me at DE. If anything he is consistent. Consistently average at best.

I think he was way more disruptive at 3t, but his body doesn't hold up there physically or against the run. 

I'm really ready for us to move on from Crawford and I don't see in the games whatever it is these coaches are seeing in him at practice.

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I wouldn't say Crawford is inconsistent. He is constantly one of the team leaders in pressures, and always seems to give max effort. He is just underwhelming to the fullest. He is just a guy. He does nothing for me at DE. If anything he is consistent. Consistently average at best.

I think he was way more disruptive at 3t, but his body doesn't hold up there physically or against the run. 

I'm really ready for us to move on from Crawford and I don't see in the games whatever it is these coaches are seeing in him at practice.

I think my biggest issue with Crawford is his contract. He isn't worth what he's getting. If he were making about half of his current salary, I'd be okay with keeping him around. 

36 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I think my biggest issue with Crawford is his contract. He isn't worth what he's getting. If he were making about half of his current salary, I'd be okay with keeping him around. 

For a franchise and fan base that is apparently taking a stand this off season against overpaid underperforming players; I've heard very little about Tyrone Crawford's $9.1M cap hit in 2018. Not that there's anything we can do about it. We don't save anything by cutting him because of restructures. Next year we save $5.8M and we sure as hell better save it. If we can cut Dez to save 8.5 then Crawford isn't worth 5.8.

On 6/9/2018 at 6:59 AM, Desperado82 said:

Khalil Mack was a 1st rounder, so was Carson Wentz. I think if the player is good enough, school shouldn't matter.

We both know that it matters, and it matters a great deal. Just because one or two players found success doesn’t mean very much given the overall sample of players from small schools who were successful in the NFL. The odds are very, very low; even lower than players from top programs.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

We both know that it matters, and it matters a great deal. Just because one or two players found success doesn’t mean very much given the overall sample of players from small schools who were successful in the NFL. The odds are very, very low; even lower than players from top programs.

Just watch him 

• 2 months later...

Archived