2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

8 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Still think WR is a much bigger need than people are expecting.

Yes we have Cooper and Gallup. But I expect Beasley to go elsewhere. Which, is fine, I guess if Cooper plays the slot. But then we need another guy for the outside. Then we have question-mark with Austin if he returns. So our top 3 WRs may be Cooper / Gallup / Brown. Which, while not bad, isn't ideal either.

I'm not against drafting a WR at all, but in the NFL you are going to have to be happy sometimes with position groups that are "not bad". And Cooper-Gallup as your 1-2 is certainly above that threshold.

Also, I think Cedrick Wilson is somewhat of a forgotten man. I think he has the potential to be a good player in the rotation.

8 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I'm not against drafting a WR at all, but in the NFL you are going to have to be happy sometimes with position groups that are "not bad". And Cooper-Gallup as your 1-2 is certainly above that threshold.

Also, I think Cedrick Wilson is somewhat of a forgotten man. I think he has the potential to be a good player in the rotation.

Going to be honest - I forgot all about the Boise alum. Dallas seemed high on him, you are correct.

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think its less likely now that Woods has played the FS well. Thomas and Woods are both FS, neither a SS.

Thought I read somewhere that they'd just move Woods to SS 

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

DLaw. Jones. Dak. Zeke. Cooper are all going to command money. I think I can put 5 million to better use than 35 total targets.

Jaylon will need to get paid, too. You can let La'El Collins walk potentially, but that's another one you'd at least consider re-signing.

Zeke you can probably hold off on for a little bit. He has 2 years left on his contract and you can definitely franchise him.

I don't think I'd let Collins walk. He's certainly at or above the Dalton line, if you will, for RTs. He can also play both guard spots, and probably LT as he did at LSU. His run blocking is pretty dominant next to Martin. 

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Going to be honest - I forgot all about the Boise alum. Dallas seemed high on him, you are correct.

I could definitely see our top 3 receivers being Cooper Gallup Wilson by end of next year.

They were really high on Wilson and I thought I read somewhere that he was out performing Gallup in camp before he got hurt.

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You are right. The TE play over the past several weeks has been quality in a league that has really struggled with TE play. But, yes, it is a small sample size, and this could be an all-time TE class. So that needs to be considered here. 

Tyron Smith is a 4x All-Pro, 6x Pro Bowler who just turned 28 who has 5 seasons left on his contract and a totally reasonable cap hit for his talent level. Spending a 2nd round pick on insurance for him is picking a player you literally hope is a career backup. You can pick LVE because you know Sean Lee's shelf life is short. We don't know/think that about Tyron. You can only draft a tackle if your plan is to replace La'El in a year.

We have not gotten no where near close to that kind of production from Smith the last two years that is my concern. The last game he played he was arguably the worst of our OL players    We have gotten maybe 3-4 games of solid play from him this year that’s it so I am so not ready for that to continue.    Like I said though if he is solid in the playoffs the. I am willing to reconsider but he is on his last chance for me after last year where we don’t have a plan to back up up misjnlike we did with Lee when it became apparent he was going to miss a ton of games

11 minutes ago, quiller said:

We have not gotten no where near close to that kind of production from Smith the last two years that is my concern. The last game he played he was arguably the worst of our OL players    We have gotten maybe 3-4 games of solid play from him this year that’s it so I am so not ready for that to continue.    Like I said though if he is solid in the playoffs the. I am willing to reconsider but he is on his last chance for me after last year where we don’t have a plan to back up up misjnlike we did with Lee when it became apparent he was going to miss a ton of games

Tyron Smith was graded as the 11th best OT this year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/tyron-smith/6161

Collins was #28

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/tyron-smith/6161

Archived