2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

On 1/4/2019 at 10:21 PM, quiller said:

in no way do I consider T Smith trash he  is great when healthy and on the field and yes his age indicates he has years left but you can be the greatest and what good is it if your not playing or playing well under your norm due to playing hurt. I just want better insurance for when he misses 3-4 plus games like he has the past two years

i gues I am just in the minority that feel we have been critically hurt the past two years by Smith not being on the field and when in the field not playing  at 100 % 

this also is what just makes me want to scream how in the world did Dak get in this conversation about Smith playing hurt and not well in the TB game and me wanting to have better quality back up in his place 

When you lose one of your best players it hurts, yes. 

The argument here is not whether it hurts, but what caliber of resources you are going to invest in insuring the position against injury.

If your reasoning for taking an OT in the 2nd round is to have him play in place of Tyron in ~3 games a season, well, I would say you can allocate your resources a lot better than that.

On 1/4/2019 at 6:07 PM, WizardHawk said:

I would be so pumped to have Holyfield on this team. I think he came out too early but he is a powerful runner with some sneaky agility. He would make a great back up to Zeke.

Edited by JWingate

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

When you lose one of your best players it hurts, yes. 

The argument here is not whether it hurts, but what caliber of resources you are going to invest in insuring the position against injury.

If your reasoning for taking an OT in the 2nd round is to have him play in place of Tyron in ~3 games a season, well, I would say you can allocate your resources a lot better than that.

That is a reasonable point except I really don’t see very many options to infuse some one playing everyday on this line up I know the thought is improved TE I just don’t see that coming out of college right now I could be wrong and the Hurns injury means we have a new hole. I can’t be 100% but doubt he will be ready come oct but maybe and that type of injury is very debilitating 

the every day thing  is also why I see improving Heath or Wilson as an option but I guess if a Ertz Kelsee or Gronk is available I guess but again I don’t see some one like that making it to us even if there is one 

8 hours ago, quiller said:

That is a reasonable point except I really don’t see very many options to infuse some one playing everyday on this line up I know the thought is improved TE I just don’t see that coming out of college right now I could be wrong and the Hurns injury means we have a new hole. I can’t be 100% but doubt he will be ready come oct but maybe and that type of injury is very debilitating 

the every day thing  is also why I see improving Heath or Wilson as an option but I guess if a Ertz Kelsee or Gronk is available I guess but again I don’t see some one like that making it to us even if there is one 

How about a George Kittle? Because all of those guys were day 2 or 3 players - you just need to find the right one.

9 hours ago, quiller said:

Tight end, defensive tackle, and safety would certainly be immediate rotation players at a minimum, and likely long-term starters. Possibly defensive end and wide receiver as well.

If you are drafting a guy as insurance for Tyron Smith, your hope is that he's never going to play a snap at left tackle, in the short AND long term. 

Now if you want him to replace Collins in a year, then that's slightly more interesting. But that significantly diminishes the "Tyron is injury prone" reason to draft an OT.