2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I think it's unlikely but to your point, AD did go over 1K again this year

Exactly what im talking about. Some people just have "it". Incase people don't remember Frank Gore for most of his college career was a walking injury report. I remember scouting him cause I wanted us to draft him.

2 hours ago, D82 said:

So, about taking a tackle high....

I am shocked.

H/e if one is there in the 3rd or 4th thats a steal I want them. Even Erik McCoy would be a terrific value but with his hype he may go round 2.

Edit: Wait I thought he did allow a sack earlier this year. Infact I think I remember there being two. But if this chart is accurate his run blocking must have been in the 50's range.

Edited by Calvert28

Well I had to think about things a bit and decide the best was to just look at stats like TFL as a percentage or run attempts 

To be honest I was rather shocked by what I saw.  And as I hadn’t mentioned QB hits or sacks before I will include them now as it was not as expected

for whole year.  

We were tackled for a loss in run plays 24% of time.  Our opponents 22.5% we rushed only 2.5 more times a game

this stat stayed relatively constant 1st half vrs 2nd half

we win the percentage stat in 6 games I considered two games a tie (with in 1.5 percent.)  We lost the other 8.  When we win we win big when we lost we lost big 

And not oddly if you watched the games this stat was a exact predictor of game result if include tie as a loss for the first 8 games of the season    

NOW  second half the season we lost this stat 4 times by huge margins one tie yet of course only lost 1 of those games.  That’s interesting hmmm   

Wonder what changed

The QB hits also are intetesting for year hit  at a 21 % rate.  1st half 23% 2nd 20%

which is a difference but not too much

we passed just 1 attempt less per game then our opponents and our hit rate on them was 20% 1st half 17.1% 2nd

hmmm   Odd both stats really close slight decrease QB getting hit with a slight increase bad run plays 

SOOo......

the sacks everyone’s complaint against Dak is where it gets startling to look at

year sacked 7%

1st half.  9.7 %

2nd half 4.8%

that is a Huge 50% dec in sac rate 1st half 2nd half 

What does this say.   Considering his completion percentage was as good or better 2nd half 

1-dak made great strides in avoiding sacks second half of season

or 

2-improved reciever play allowed Dak to have more open recievers to throw to as pocket collapsed 

What other comments can be made :

as noted above 

TFL actually increased 25.4 from 22.5 1st half to second  and QB hits decreased 20.1 from 23.1.  And sacks were cut in half.  And we went  7-1 from 3-5 2nd half to 1st

WHAT DOES THIS REALLY SAY

Well I have my ideas but I am sure they are not popular   And thus will remain silient

EDIT.  Probably should have put in Dak thread or Cooper thread.  But this goes to our second round pick.  

I will be fine NOW with a stud Te or best available Possession type WR to replace Hurns     Satety replacement for Heath third option

Edited by quiller

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Johnny Football May have been the most fun college football player I’ve ever seen.  He was a joke as a pro but really was a top notch college QB.

I’d say that ManFail was certainly the most entertaining college QB that I’ve ever seen and may have been the most electrifying as well. It’s a toss up between him and Kyler Murray. Both are/were outstanding college QBs.

8 minutes ago, D82 said:

And a bust...

Maybe.

Not many people have been good at consistently predicting QB success. Not people who get paid for it, and not random dudes on the internet. There are too many factors involved, and the environment and NFL QB ends up in is such a huge factor in his success.

If Murray ends up in the right situation, with the right coach, he could do some damage. 

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Maybe.

Not many people have been good at consistently predicting QB success. Not people who get paid for it, and not random dudes on the internet. There are too many factors involved, and the environment and NFL QB ends up in is such a huge factor in his success.

If Murray ends up in the right situation, with the right coach, he could do some damage. 

His biggest issue is being so undersized as a QB. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he measures in at 5’8” or 5’9” (as opposed to the 5’10” or 5’11” people list him at) and well under the 195 Lbs he’s often listed at. The talent isn’t in question, that’s for sure. Neither are his work ethic, character, or throwing mechanics. But his small size makes him a serious injury risk. If he was 6’2” and 210-215 Lbs, no one would question anything about him.

Edited by plan9misfit