2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

12 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Can we put a separate thread on just WEAPONS WEAPONS WEAPONS. My god we needed it before, after this season coming :/

Noah Fant will probably be the best receiver in this upcoming draft class. He just be much of a blocker, so he will be off our radar. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Noah Fant will probably be the best receiver in this upcoming draft class. He just be much of a blocker, so he will be off our radar. 

I haven't had a chance to watch, but that's what I'm reading about him. I think it will become apparent that we really need a receiving threat down the seam assuming we don't give Rico the chance.

1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I haven't had a chance to watch, but that's what I'm reading about him. I think it will become apparent that we really need a receiving threat down the seam assuming we don't give Rico the chance.

Think OJ Howard. 

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

OJ was a fantastic blocker though, at least by his senior year. But I'm guessing you mean his build and athleticism is comparable?

Oh yes. This guy is crazy athletic. But your right on the blocking though. When you watch him. You will notice his legs are kinda thin. 

Did a mock before the season starts. I'm assuming we'll sign Thomas and let Lawrence and Irving walk.

1st Round: Caleb Wilson TE, UCLA
2nd Round: Youhanna Ghaifan DT, Wyoming
3rd Round: Chase Winovich DE, Michigan
4th Round: Elgton Jenkins C, Mississippi State
4th Round (comp): Anthony Wheeler OLB, Texas
5th Round: Blessaun Austin CB, Rutgers
7th Round: Jontrell Rocquemore S, Utah State 

42 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Taking an informal poll - as of August 29th 2018, what is the biggest need on this team? I'm going with 3T unless Maliek impresses or Irving unexpectedly re-signs, with TE a close second.

With RG, and DLaw, they have kicked Crawford inside to a 3T. Crawford should get cut after this year, with the out that's built in, but that may not happen. Whether is Crawford, Collins, or Irving, I think we have 3T covered.

Now 1T is a whole different story. This is like the 5th or 6th year in a row we are going to start a street FA(Woods) at 1T.

But Rod don't care.

TE and WR are both big holes, as well as center now. And of course, safety, just like the 1T position, is going into the better part of a decade without being addressed.

In conclusion:

#1. TE (For this team, this may be #1 due to how much we ask of them, and how hard it is to get a TE to look good in our system despite repeated high draft picks.)

#2. Safety(hasn't been addressed in years, unless you count trading up in the 6th for Woods)

#3. 1T(never addressed)

#4. WR(we have no #1, and fans have unrealistic 1st year expectations for Gallup and "maybe if we try the same thing we'll get different results," expectations with Austin. Lord knows the Rams tried to use him in every way.)

I'm very curious to see who we retain next year amongst our Top 5 WRs, besides Gallup. Beasley and Tavon are UFAs, Hurns and T-Will could be cap casualties. I think all that uncertainty pushes it up pretty high, although TE is probably higher given the way the team plays offense.

Defensive line is in a similar spot, but I would anticipate a more concerted effort to retain Lawrence, Irving and Crawford for another year than those WRs.

What's the biggest need right now, at this very moment, though? Gotta be safety.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

With RG, and DLaw, they have kicked Crawford inside to a 3T. Crawford should get cut after this year, with the out that's built in, but that may not happen. Whether is Crawford, Collins, or Irving, I think we have 3T covered.

Now 1T is a whole different story. This is like the 5th or 6th year in a row we are going to start a street FA(Woods) at 1T.

But Rod don't care.

TE and WR are both big holes, as well as center now. And of course, safety, just like the 1T position, is going into the better part of a decade without being addressed.

In conclusion:

#1. TE (For this team, this may be #1 due to how much we ask of them, and how hard it is to get a TE to look good in our system despite repeated high draft picks.)

#2. Safety(hasn't been addressed in years, unless you count trading up in the 6th for Woods)

#3. 1T(never addressed) *and never will be 

#4. WR(we have no #1, and fans have unrealistic 1st year expectations for Gallup and "maybe if we try the same thing we'll get different results," expectations with Austin. Lord knows the Rams tried to use him in every way.)

Agree with the 4 positions, as of now, but only want a WR or TE if they true or near studs, not another OK weapon. 

Archived