2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm warming up to Hakeem Butler if we actually got him in the 3rd. Dude is basically a tall skinny TE.

Isabella would be the dream but if you wanted to draft Butler you can always kick Cooper into the slot where he thrive with the Raiders

7 minutes ago, couchscout said:

Isabella would be the dream but if you wanted to draft Butler you can always kick Cooper into the slot where he thrive with the Raiders

Lol the new Wes Welker? I certainly wouldn't be opposed but we need redzone threats. Butler may not even have to jump to get contested balls over most NFL corners.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm warming up to Hakeem Butler if we actually got him in the 3rd. Dude is basically a tall skinny TE.

I don’t think he’ll fall that far unless he posts a slow 40 time for his size. If he’s sub 4.5, he could be a late 1st round pick.

53 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lol the new Wes Welker? I certainly wouldn't be opposed but we need redzone threats. Butler may not even have to jump to get contested balls over most NFL corners.

So since he’s under 6’0 and white, he’s Wes Welker? Andy has wheels that would’ve made Welker the most dangerous receiver in the NFL

2 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

So since he’s under 6’0 and white, he’s Wes Welker? Andy has wheels that would’ve made Welker the most dangerous receiver in the NFL

Slow down there with your political correctness. Isabella has to prove he can even make it at this level before he can be called better then Welker. Him being compared to Welker is a huge compliment.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Slow down there with your political correctness. Isabella has to prove he can even make it at this level before he can be called better then Welker. Him being compared to Welker is a huge compliment.

Never said he’s better, or made a PC comment. I just get annoyed with every white slot receiver being the “next Welker”. He doesn’t have Welker’s hands in contested situations. He came to UMass as a RB, which you can kinda see in his choppy run style, rather than long strides in a typical receiver. I think he’s more Switzer (but bigger) than Welker. He’s probably a half step faster too.

4 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Never said he’s better, or made a PC comment. I just get annoyed with every white slot receiver being the “next Welker”. He doesn’t have Welker’s hands in contested situations. He came to UMass as a RB, which you can kinda see in his choppy run style, rather than long strides in a typical receiver. I think he’s more Switzer (but bigger) than Welker. He’s probably a half step faster too.

There's a hype factor with him. People dont say well hes the next Ryan Switzer in those situations nor was I breaking down his pro comparison just pointing out his pro potential. 

25 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

There's a hype factor with him. People dont say well hes the next Ryan Switzer in those situations nor was I breaking down his pro comparison just pointing out his pro potential. 

In terms of being a high impact slot guy (and really only a slot guy)? Yeah I’d agree with that. His game is just different IMO, which is why I was quick to disagree there. But in terms of his potential impact for an NFL team, I’d agree he has a Welker type upside.

Some places are talking about N’Keal Harry as a second day pick. I highly doubt that will happen, but if he gets to us in the 2nd round, that would be a great pick. He would be such a great asset for us in the red zone. I think if you honestly compared him to DeAndre Hopkins as a prospect, you’d say they were pretty similar, with Harry being a little bigger. Hopkins has obviously maximized his potential, but that’s the kind of upside you have with Harry, IMO.

48 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Some places are talking about N’Keal Harry as a second day pick. I highly doubt that will happen, but if he gets to us in the 2nd round, that would be a great pick. He would be such a great asset for us in the red zone. I think if you honestly compared him to DeAndre Hopkins as a prospect, you’d say they were pretty similar, with Harry being a little bigger. Hopkins has obviously maximized his potential, but that’s the kind of upside you have with Harry, IMO.

Maybe we'll get lucky and he runs in the 4.6 range, which drops him in a WR class that has a ton of day 2 talent.

45 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK boys, outside of BPA, if all grades equal out RANK your top 3 needs.

1- I still have TE... weapons weapons weapons.

2- if Beas does leave, then WR

3 - FS/SS

4 - best fattest ugliest  1T

I think these are pretty much the four, assuming we keep D-Law. Really just need OL depth otherwise, LB depth too if we let go of Lee and Wilson.

Archived