2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

19 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

So, Sternberger is a more legit prospect than I realized.

Also, he looks like he could be part of the McQuistan family, so that’s a positive.

I'm not seeing it.

13 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Ok back on topic- let’s say this team goes DT and WR in some order on Day 2 (b/c that’s where I think need and talent will align for us). What combination of players would you like to see? I could go for Greg Gaines and Andy Isabella.

Hmm.. I'll take WR N'keal Harry in round 2. The new Dez. I'd be willing to part ways with a later pick to move up a few spots if needed.

CommonInfamousGypsymoth-max-1mb.gif

FamousBrilliantJerboa-max-1mb.gif

And in round 3, I'll take 320 pound small school DT Khalen Saunders. He's certainly heavier than anyone we've had since Richard Ash, but he is pretty agile:

I am all for a large NT type to help clog the middle and keep the OL from putting bodies on our LB

I know nothing about the college recievers but would want some one who offers something different then what we have with Gallup and Coop quickness and precise route running is my need

3 hours ago, quiller said:

I am all for a large NT type to help clog the middle and keep the OL from putting bodies on our LB

I know nothing about the college recievers but would want some one who offers something different then what we have with Gallup and Coop quickness and precise route running is my need

All Cooper is, is quickness and precision route running. That, along with being a YAC demon.

But he is not a possession WR. He obviously doesn't have the best hands in the world, or even on the team. He isn't a jump ball, make a 50/50 contested catch kinda guy. Or a let's throw a fade in the endzone kinda guy.

Gallup also hangs his hat on running precise routes. Or at least that was the story of him coming out of college as a pro football focus darling.

Michael-Gallup-Route-Tree2.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against a shifty slot WR, but don't be fooled into thinking he is different than what we already have.

Imo, the type of WR not currently on the roster is guy over 6 foot 2 that has hops and great hands. May not be the fastest or quickest but a guy you can toss it up to in the enzone. I know that Dak sucks at throwing fades, and hates throwing to guys who aren't wide open, which is why we DON'T have a WR like that, but if you are looking for someone who brings a certain quality that we don't already have, a shifty slot guy isn't that 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Imo, the type of WR not currently on the roster is guy over 6 foot 2 that has hops and great hands. May not be the fastest or quickest but a guy you can toss it up to in the enzone.

That's basically N'Keal Henry to a T.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

All Cooper is, is quickness and precision route running. That, along with being a YAC demon.

But he is not a possession WR. He obviously doesn't have the best hands in the world, or even on the team. He isn't a jump ball, make a 50/50 contested catch kinda guy. Or a let's throw a fade in the endzone kinda guy.

Gallup also hangs his hat on running precise routes. Or at least that was the story of him coming out of college as a pro football focus darling.

Michael-Gallup-Route-Tree2.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against a shifty slot WR, but don't be fooled into thinking he is different than what we already have.

Imo, the type of WR not currently on the roster is guy over 6 foot 2 that has hops and great hands. May not be the fastest or quickest but a guy you can toss it up to in the enzone. I know that Dak sucks at throwing fades, and hates throwing to guys who aren't wide open, which is why we DON'T have a WR like that, but if you are looking for someone who brings a certain quality that we don't already have, a shifty slot guy isn't that 

We could have a lethal passing attack with just Gallup and Cooper so long as Gallup keeps developing. H/e drafting Butler or Sternberger would add a great dimension to this offense and help Dak alot.

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

We could have a lethal passing attack with just Gallup and Cooper so long as Gallup keeps developing. H/e drafting Butler or Sternberger would add a great dimension to this offense and help Dak alot.

I see Sternberger being mocked to us in round 2 all over the internets.

Archived