2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

59 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree. Even if he runs a 4.6, I don't think he falls to us.

To be honest, I think he's faster than people think. I think he's a 4.52-4.56 guy who just looks slow because of his strides. But there's a reason so many safeties end up taking poor angles on him.

17 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

To be honest, I think he's faster than people think. I think he's a 4.52-4.56 guy who just looks slow because of his strides. But there's a reason so many safeties end up taking poor angles on him.

People at ASU think he's likely to run fast at the combine. One of those "is that really how fast he is?" cases. I'm not really sure it matters in his case.He gets open, does work after the catch, and is a nearly impossible cover in the red zone and 50/50 balls.

14 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I've seen him pretty consistently mocked in the mid 2nd. He probably won't fall to our original pick but he is certainly within striking distance.

This is true, but I expect this to change as we go through the process and get closer to the draft. He's a far better prospect than a huge number of receivers we've seen drafted in round 1 in previous years.

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

My dream of Hockenson being available when Dallas picks is proving to be just that...a dream. I've seen a handful of mocks with him going top 10. Bruglar believes he could be the first RB/WR/TE off the board. 

I'm going to go ahead and bet against Bruglar on this one. Teams generally aren't willing to draft TEs in the top half of the first round, and even when we think there might be an exception to the rule, those guys have fallen (OJ Howard, Tyler Eifert, Coby Fleener). Plus, I think a team drafting in the top-15 is going to look at this TE class and think, "I can get an immediate starter here into the 3rd round", and go a different direction. 

That said, you are right. No chance Hock falls to our pick. 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I'm going to go ahead and bet against Bruglar on this one. Teams generally aren't willing to draft TEs in the top half of the first round, and even when we think there might be an exception to the rule, those guys have fallen (OJ Howard, Tyler Eifert, Coby Fleener). Plus, I think a team drafting in the top-15 is going to look at this TE class and think, "I can get an immediate starter here into the 3rd round", and go a different direction. 

That said, you are right. No chance Hock falls to our pick. 

Agree for the most part. Top 10 for a TE seems a stretch, though Howard went 17 iirc, so seven spots isn’t out of the question imo. It’s more an indictment of this years rb/we class than anything. Too early in process to know for sure either way tbh.

14 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Agree for the most part. Top 10 for a TE seems a stretch, though Howard went 17 iirc, so seven spots isn’t out of the question imo. It’s more an indictment of this years rb/we class than anything. Too early in process to know for sure either way tbh.

He went 19th. Engram was 23rd, and Njoku went 29th.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

He went #19 as the 6th RB/WR/TE. Mid-to-late first round is definitely a reasonable guess for Hockenson. I won't believe it until I see it for him to be the first skill guy taken. Supply, demand, and historical evidence would have to be bucked. And I just don't see that happening for Hock who is a very good, but not generational, prospect.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

He went #19 as the 6th RB/WR/TE. Mid-to-late first round is definitely a reasonable guess for Hockenson. I won't believe it until I see it for him to be the first skill guy taken. Supply, demand, and historical evidence would have to be bucked. And I just don't see that happening for Hock who is a very good, but not generational, prospect.

Exactly. He’s talented but not at the Tony Gonzalez / Jeremy Shockey (etc) level. Those guys were viewed as elite talents. Hockenson isn’t at that level. Still a 1st round talent, but not top 10.

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

My dream of Hockenson being available when Dallas picks is proving to be just that...a dream. I've seen a handful of mocks with him going top 10. Bruglar believes he could be the first RB/WR/TE off the board. 

I swear the more I watch Hockenson the more I am seeing a Jarwin clone. Both are so similar when I watch them play. I wouldn't be opposed to us selecting him but I think we have him already.