2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

Right now, a dream draft for me would be:

Rd.2 Dexter Lawrence (falls because drug tests in college, and being so big)

Rd.3 Andy Isebella (the new and improved Beasely)

Rd.4 Jace Sternberger (Falls because it's a deep draft, his suspect route running, and only 1 year of production)

Rd.5 Trayveon William's (new back up for Zeke looks to get 7-12 carries a game)

Every single one of them would contribute day 1.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Rd.4 Jace Sternberger (Falls because it's a deep draft, his suspect route running, and only 1 year of production)

I have to change my pants now. 

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

You're setting yourself up for misery if you're allowing this notion take root. 

Yeah, I feel like the team is very sectioned off regarding who has control. Anything regarding the DL is going to be "whatever Rod wants." Sure he relinquished some totem pole to KR when he got here, but he still has the final word in all things DL. Luckily Dexter Lawrence seems to be one of those freak Poe/Vea type guys, and Rod has shown interest in those guys. They have just never reached our pick to see exactly how interested. Unfortunately I feel that will be the case again. No way this beast makes it to 58.

6'4" 342 pounds, 5 second 40, 36 reps on the bench with 84" wingspan, and production in college from a major program known for having surplus DL talent? At 58?

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah, I feel like the team is very sectioned off regarding who has control. Anything regarding the DL is going to be "whatever Rod wants." Sure he relinquished some totem pole to KR when he got here, but he still has the final word in all things DL. Luckily Dezter Lawrence seems to be one of those freak Poe/Vea type guys, and Rod has shown interest in those guys. They have just never reached our pick to see exactly how interested. Unfortunately I feel that will be the case again. No way this beast makes it to 58.

6'4" 342 pounds, 5 second 40, 36 reps on the bench with 84" wingspan, and production in college from a major program known for having surplus DL talent? At 58?

Not true. Garrett wanted Taco and he wasnt a Rod guy. With Jerry playing favorites like he does may decide to let Richard handle defensive prospecting. I mean has anyone noticed we havent been looking at undersized linemen and DBs? 

22 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Not true. Garrett wanted Taco and he wasnt a Rod guy. With Jerry playing favorites like he does may decide to let Richard handle defensive prospecting. I mean has anyone noticed we havent been looking at undersized linemen and DBs? 

No. Not really? Who have we been looking at? According to our prospect meeting thread we aren't really looking at DT. We got Terry Beckner at 295 pounds. DeMarcus Christmas is also a smaller DT at 294. Then Keke who is literally listed as a DE/DT, just like Rod likes. The only one with size is Greg Gains who weighed in at 316. Not exactly the 342 clout of Lawrence.

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Drummond did a 5 rd mock on Cowboys Wire.... CB Justin Layne, WR Isabella, OT Howard, DE Cominsky, RB from Utah St.

I guess we have to see what happens in free agency first but a CB with our first pick seems dicey. I get that Richard may want “his guys” but our WR and DT groups look ravaged right now

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Drummond did a 5 rd mock on Cowboys Wire.... CB Justin Layne, WR Isabella, OT Howard, DE Cominsky, RB from Utah St.

Are you on board with drafting a CB in the 2nd round? I don't think we can afford to be picky with no 1st rounder. We have to take the BPA regardless of position at 58. That's the only way we will get value. Even if it's a CB.

But it's really hard to get behind spending a 2nd on a CB who may start the season 5th on the depth chart. 

9 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I guess we have to see what happens in free agency first but a CB with our first pick seems dicey. I get that Richard may want “his guys” but our WR and DT groups look ravaged right now

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Are you on board with drafting a CB in the 2nd round? I don't think we can afford to be picky with no 1st rounder. We have to take the BPA regardless of position at 58. That's the only way we will get value. Even if it's a CB.

But it's really hard to get behind spending a 2nd on a CB who may start the season 5th on the depth chart. 

This is where I really start having issues with BPA. Taking Layne makes no sense when you’re 4 deep now. I get planning ahead for Jones/Brown free agency, but at some you have to plan for right now too. Layne really isn’t helping right now as much someone at WR/DT as @matt79511 said

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Every single one of them would contribute day 1.

I’d be absolutely giddy if that happened.

25 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

That draft is pretty outrageous, don’t really see any of those first three guys falling to those spots, but I guess you never know. Trayveon with either of our 4ths is something I can get on board with

I forgot we had a comp.

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

No. Not really? Who have we been looking at? According to our prospect meeting thread we aren't really looking at DT. We got Terry Beckner at 295 pounds. DeMarcus Christmas is also a smaller DT at 294. Then Keke who is literally listed as a DE/DT, just like Rod likes. The only one with size is Greg Gains who weighed in at 316. Not exactly the 342 clout of Lawrence.

Nelson a 6-7 290 behemoth, Mack who is like 330.

Guys like Lawrence haven't been coming along as usual. But we are looking at bigger individuals more then usual.

Archived