2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

Dallas is happy with Jeff Heath, Kavon Frazier and Jason Witten Mock....

58 Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE LA Tech

90 Isaiah Johnson, CB Houston

128 Trayveon Williams, RB Texas A&M

136 Kingsley Keke, IDL Texas A&M

165 Jahlani Tavai, LB Hawai'i

241 Ryan Davis, WR Auburn

14 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

DT Jeffrey Simmons with our 2nd round pick.

Gimme your thoughts. I see us making this move but I'm very conflicted about it

It's tough, because the dude is probably a top 7 player in the draft. I don't know if he even makes it to 58, but without a 1st rounder, do you want to go into the season with your top rookie barely being a top 100 guy? I think I would do it because Simmons is that good, but it would be extremely difficult for me, and I'd have to not be very interested in any other option at 58.

14 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

It's tough, because the dude is probably a top 7 player in the draft. I don't know if he even makes it to 58, but without a 1st rounder, do you want to go into the season with your top rookie barely being a top 100 guy? I think I would do it because Simmons is that good, but it would be extremely difficult for me, and I'd have to not be very interested in any other option at 58.

Really we should have been filling holes in FA because of lack of draft options. We re-signed Austin which is something I guess. Ross is coming back, we have Woods. But still should have tried to sign some legit talent to at least bring someone in incase things go south in the draft.

Simmons even if he doesn't play this year is more then worth the pick and it's worth us spending it anyways. No player at 58 outside of a select few will have the type of impact this year that would dwarf the type of impact Simmons will have in 2020. Simmons is one of the few people in this draft I immediately see all-pro potential with if he comes with us. I'm talking about a more feared presence then what Irving was providing while he was playing at a high level.

The only other players I see having a huge impact like him won't make it to 58 besides maybe Thornhill or Lawrence, both of whom may not even make it past the 1st round.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Clemson's pro day was today and I didn't hear Lawrence's name pop up with our names attached. I'm kinda sad today.

Why would it? He’s a 1-tech, so you know that the collection of mouth breathing rednecks that we call owners won’t have any interest.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

If Simmons is there at 58, I’m taking him without hesitation.

As am I. I wouldn’t even think twice about it. And if there was another player we were eyeing in that round, then I’d consider trading back into the 2nd round to get him, too.

I was doing the deep dive on Jeffrey Simmons because I want the Ravens to take him at 22, and saw Jason Hatcher is his uncle. I don't know Hatcher's standing/history with your club, but it could make Simmons more of a target for you guys. 

11 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I was doing the deep dive on Jeffrey Simmons because I want the Ravens to take him at 22, and saw Jason Hatcher is his uncle. I don't know Hatcher's standing/history with your club, but it could make Simmons more of a target for you guys. 

Not a good one. Hatcher believes that JG intentionally sabotaged Wade Philips. That he refused to open up the playbook until after he was promoted to HC and then all of a sudden the 1-5 club reeled off like 7 wins.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2019/03/12/former-cowboys-player-rips-tony-romo-jason-garrett-radio-interview/3148047002/

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Not a good one. Hatcher believes that JG intentionally sabotaged Wade Philips. That he refused to open up the playbook until after he was promoted to HC and then all of a sudden the 1-5 club reeled off like 7 wins.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2019/03/12/former-cowboys-player-rips-tony-romo-jason-garrett-radio-interview/3148047002/

Oof, maybe he'll be less of a target then. I'm sure Jeffrey appreciates his Uncle jeopardizing a possible future with a club 1. That needs a high end DI prospect. 2. Is somewhat forgiving of Off Field issues. And 3. Has successfully picked injured players and seen a strong return on the investment.  Not the best move.

I don't think him missing his first year will keep Dallas away at 58. They did draft Jaylon at 34 and his injury was way worse. But the off field stuff, and being Hatchers nephew probably doesn't help. Jaylon was a choir boy.

Archived