Jump to content
D82

2019 NFL Draft Prospects

Recommended Posts

That got me thinking, if we were to sign Berry and maybe say Ty Montgomery or a similar backup RB, trade for Quinn and then come out of the draft with Thornhill, Willis, Gaskin and Isabella....a roster consisting of:

QB: Prescott | Rush | White
RB: Elliott | Montgomery | Gaskin 
FB: Olawale
WR: Cooper | Gallup | Cobb | Austin | Isabella | Wilson
TE: Witten | Jarwin | Schultz | Gathers
LT: Smith | Fleming 
LG: Williams
C: Frederick | Looney
RG: Martin | Su'a-Filo
RT: L. Collins

LDE: Lawrence | Charlton
3T: M. Collins | T. Crawford | D. Ross
1T: A. Woods | C. Covington | Willis
RDE: Quinn | Gregory | Armstrong, Jr.
SLB: Lee | J. March-Lillard 
MLB: J. Smith | J. Thomas
WLB: L. Vander Esch
CB: B. Jones | A. Brown
FS: Berry | Thornhill 
SS: Woods | Frazier
CB: Awuzie | Lewis 

It doesn't look that bad on paper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, D82 said:

That got me thinking, if we were to sign Berry and maybe say Ty Montgomery or a similar backup RB, trade for Quinn and then come out of the draft with Thornhill, Willis, Gaskin and Isabella....a roster consisting of:

QB: Prescott | Rush | White
RB: Elliott | Montgomery | Gaskin 
FB: Olawale
WR: Cooper | Gallup | Cobb | Austin | Isabella | Wilson
TE: Witten | Jarwin | Schultz | Gathers
LT: Smith | Fleming 
LG: Williams
C: Frederick | Looney
RG: Martin | Su'a-Filo
RT: L. Collins

LDE: Lawrence | Charlton
3T: M. Collins | T. Crawford | D. Ross
1T: A. Woods | C. Covington | Willis
RDE: Quinn | Gregory | Armstrong, Jr.
SLB: Lee | J. March-Lillard 
MLB: J. Smith | J. Thomas
WLB: L. Vander Esch
CB: B. Jones | A. Brown
FS: Berry | Thornhill 
SS: Woods | Frazier
CB: Awuzie | Lewis 

It doesn't look that bad on paper. 

I mean I feel like this can be said about every year but this years draft class is very important for us , considering we are giving out big contracts to our own players. We’ll really need to nail some picks with that sexy draft bargain cap hits 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

58 Darnell Savage, S Maryland

90 David Montgomery, RB Iowa State

128 Kingsley Keke, IDL Texas A&M

136 Jalen Jelks, EDGE Oregon

165 Saivion Smith, CB Alabama

241 Penny Hart, WR Georgia State

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, D82 said:

That got me thinking, if we were to sign Berry and maybe say Ty Montgomery or a similar backup RB, trade for Quinn and then come out of the draft with Thornhill, Willis, Gaskin and Isabella....a roster consisting of:

QB: Prescott | Rush | White
RB: Elliott | Montgomery | Gaskin 
FB: Olawale
WR: Cooper | Gallup | Cobb | Austin | Isabella | Wilson
TE: Witten | Jarwin | Schultz | Gathers
LT: Smith | Fleming 
LG: Williams
C: Frederick | Looney
RG: Martin | Su'a-Filo
RT: L. Collins

LDE: Lawrence | Charlton
3T: M. Collins | T. Crawford | D. Ross
1T: A. Woods | C. Covington | Willis
RDE: Quinn | Gregory | Armstrong, Jr.
SLB: Lee | J. March-Lillard 
MLB: J. Smith | J. Thomas
WLB: L. Vander Esch
CB: B. Jones | A. Brown
FS: Berry | Thornhill 
SS: Woods | Frazier
CB: Awuzie | Lewis 

It doesn't look that bad on paper. 

At this point, I'm thinking Woods is the FS moving forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

At this point, I'm thinking Woods is the FS moving forward. 

I mean, that's fine. Berry played the strong side at one point, didn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran a mock simulation and this is what I ended up with. For the sake of this mock, let’s assume we got Robert Quinn for a 2020 pick

58. Taylor Rapp, S

90. Andy Isabella, WR

128. Daylon Mack, DT

136. Trayveon Williams, RB

165. Drew Sample, TE

241. Saivion Smith, CB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I ran a mock simulation and this is what I ended up with. For the sake of this mock, let’s assume we got Robert Quinn for a 2020 pick

58. Taylor Rapp, S

90. Andy Isabella, WR

128. Daylon Mack, DT

136. Trayveon Williams, RB

165. Drew Sample, TE

241. Saivion Smith, CB

Not bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I ran a mock simulation and this is what I ended up with. For the sake of this mock, let’s assume we got Robert Quinn for a 2020 pick

58. Taylor Rapp, S

90. Andy Isabella, WR

128. Daylon Mack, DT

136. Trayveon Williams, RB

165. Drew Sample, TE

241. Saivion Smith, CB

Would be a ridiculous first four picks.

On that note, I'm not sure more than four of our picks will even make the team this year. A safety, WR/TE, DL (maybe make that two if we don't get Quinn), and backup RB basically covers it. You'll have some competition for the last couple spots at WR and LB for instance, maybe you go longer at some spots than you did last year (CB and RB) and end up having more turnover than expected, but those last few roster spots are generally filled by waiver wire acquisitions anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Would be a ridiculous first four picks.

On that note, I'm not sure more than four of our picks will even make the team this year. A safety, WR/TE, DL (maybe make that two if we don't get Quinn), and backup RB basically covers it. You'll have some competition for the last couple spots at WR and LB for instance, maybe you go longer at some spots than you did last year (CB and RB) and end up having more turnover than expected, but those last few roster spots are generally filled by waiver wire acquisitions anyway.

I agree with that actually. Probably just going to be guys to provide competition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I agree with that actually. Probably just going to be guys to provide competition

I guess it's not that hot of a take to say only 4/6 draft picks would make a team when said team doesn't have a first round pick, lol. Just feels low for us.

But I also feel pretty good about our roster depth so long as guys like Hyder and Cedrick Wilson don't end up bombing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone see a much slower Odell Beckham in Stanley Morgan? Dude makes all the catches, and has similar hops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 9:43 AM, WizardHawk said:

58 Darnell Savage, S Maryland

90 David Montgomery, RB Iowa State

128 Kingsley Keke, IDL Texas A&M

136 Jalen Jelks, EDGE Oregon

165 Saivion Smith, CB Alabama

241 Penny Hart, WR Georgia State

Unless we are planning to let Zeke walk in 2 season, I'm not a big fan of drafting an RB in the 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Unless we are planning to let Zeke walk in 2 season, I'm not a big fan of drafting an RB in the 3rd.

Zeke is gonna go the way of Larry Johnson soon I think if we don't take the burden off of him. But a RB is a little much, I would prefer a legit FA in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Does anyone see a much slower Odell Beckham in Stanley Morgan? Dude makes all the catches, and has similar hops.

He would make a good slot. But I don't see what he brings to the table that we don't already have with Cooper and Gallup. I would much prefer a difference maker even if we have to coach them a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×