2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Zeke is gonna go the way of Larry Johnson soon I think if we don't take the burden off of him. But a RB is a little much, I would prefer a legit FA in that regard.

I'm fine taking some of the burden off of him. High quality rookie RBs are regularly found after round 3. That's a better use of resources.

I think we'll draft an RB at some point, but that Zeke's primary backup will end be a veteran who's not on the team yet. They may be waiting until some time after the draft when free agents no longer factor into the compensatory pick formula

Been saying we need to upgrade the RB2 spot. Glad to hear they FO sees it that way as well. Hopefully this means Zeke will get some rest but more importantly it doesn't show our hand when he comes off the field if we have someone who also threatens the defense on the ground when he comes out.

And of course it could mean even more running.

11 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:
On 3/22/2019 at 9:43 AM, WizardHawk said:

58 Darnell Savage, S Maryland

90 David Montgomery, RB Iowa State

128 Kingsley Keke, IDL Texas A&M

136 Jalen Jelks, EDGE Oregon

165 Saivion Smith, CB Alabama

241 Penny Hart, WR Georgia State

Unless we are planning to let Zeke walk in 2 season, I'm not a big fan of drafting an RB in the 3rd.

Valid point. I was hesitant to pick him over a TE at that spot, but I really didn't care for any of them. And, for me it was a value thing too. Montgomery is my #1 RB and very capable of being a #1. That, and I'm still not paying RB $15m/yr. 

8 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Valid point. I was hesitant to pick him over a TE at that spot, but I really didn't care for any of them. And, for me it was a value thing too. Montgomery is my #1 RB and very capable of being a #1. That, and I'm still not paying RB $15m/yr. 

Passing up a player who could be a full-time starter very early in his career to draft a position that is mostly dime-a-dozen and won't play much for at least 2 seasons. 

That's tough for me to justify.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Jachai Polite doubled down on his poor combine by showing up to his pro day out of shape and tweaking a hammy. 

He’s in full free fall mode. 

Some people are insinuating he could fall to day 3. I'd love him there, but I doubt we'd be interested because he played out of a two point stance and bombed his interviews allegedly.

7 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Some people are insinuating he could fall to day 3. I'd love him there, but I doubt we'd be interested because he played out of a two point stance and bombed his interviews allegedly.

I'd still take a flyer on him if he's there on day 3. 

15 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'd still take a flyer on him if he's there on day 3. 

As of right now, i think I would only be willing to spend a 5th on him. But sure, even at this stage I still like him more then the DE we got last year.

Ed Oliver weighed in at 281 for his pro day. That’s down from combine weight of 287. 

Where do you think his draft spot is? Easily a top 5 prospect, but there are going to be some scheme limitations for him that I think drop him some. Just not sure how far.

53 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Ed Oliver weighed in at 281 for his pro day. That’s down from combine weight of 287. 

Where do you think his draft spot is? Easily a top 5 prospect, but there are going to be some scheme limitations for him that I think drop him some. Just not sure how far.

He'd be a perfect 3T for us.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

He'd be a perfect 3T for us.

Yeah, he would. But, we have less shot of that happening than we do of Matts and DaBoys coming together and finding common ground on the subject that shall not be named.

Archived