2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

Watching Zeke take himself out of games, sometimes in crucial situations, makes me want another back. We tried the 7th round change of pace thing last season and he didn't make the team. When Zeke exits the game our offense falls apart.

And it's more than 3 snaps a game. 

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Watching Zeke take himself out of games, sometimes in crucial situations, makes me want another back. We tried the 7th round change of pace thing last season and he didn't make the team. When Zeke exits the game our offense falls apart.

Meh. Wait until 2020.

25 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

taking himself out of games??

didn't notice that.

Dak would never do that!

shots fired.

21 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Meh. Wait until 2020.

I'm not saying in the 2nd or 3rd, but if there is a guy you like in the 4th I think it's worth it there to get a spell back. Last year, Nyheim Hines(who we were interested in), Kalen Ballage(senior bowl stud), and Ito Smith(I believe Dallas showed interest here as well)all went in the 4th along with RB Chase Edmonds.

They were at least considering it last year, and I bet they are wanting to take the load off Zeke a little moving forward.

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I'm not saying in the 2nd or 3rd, but if there is a guy you like in the 4th I think it's worth it there to get a spell back. Last year, Nyheim Hines(who we were interested in), Kalen Ballage(senior bowl stud), and Ito Smith(I believe Dallas showed interest here as well)all went in the 4th along with RB Chase Edmonds.

They were at least considering it last year, and I bet they are wanting to take the load off Zeke a little moving forward.

Sure. I am just saying the value in 2020 is insane. 

Rod Smith has been very effective running in place of Elliot. I had to double check but the 1st 4th qtr TD against eagles Smith had a 7 yard run 5 yrd pass and 7 yrd run in consecutive plays after Elliot went out after head to head hit 

against indy 3 carries 14 yards 

That’s not bad

2 hours ago, quiller said:

Rod Smith has been very effective running in place of Elliot. I had to double check but the 1st 4th qtr TD against eagles Smith had a 7 yard run 5 yrd pass and 7 yrd run in consecutive plays after Elliot went out after head to head hit 

against indy 3 carries 14 yards 

That’s not bad

Absolutely not. He hasnt been anywhere close to being as effective as Zeke on the field. And teams game plan for Zeke. Holes that Rod Smith falls through or gets arm tackled on Zeke just explodes through for an extra 5 to 10 yards. Hes serviceable. But if Zeke God forbid went. I do not trust Rod to be able to handle the load. 

10 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We tried to get Nyheim Hines but the Colts snatched him up in the 3rd round this past year.

Funny, he did pretty well against us on Sunday

That's the kind of back I want us to draft. A RB you can line up wide against a LB in space, who can get 8-12 touches per game and has the game breaking ability to house one at any moment. Hines, Cohen, Ekeler, those kind of players.

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

That's the kind of back I want us to draft. A RB you can line up wide against a LB in space, who can get 8-12 touches per game and has the game breaking ability to house one at any moment. Hines, Cohen, Ekeler, those kind of players.

I wanted Hines or Samuels last year for that very reason. 

14 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We tried to get Nyheim Hines but the Colts snatched him up in the 3rd round this past year.

Funny, he did pretty well against us on Sunday

He was picked in round 4. Which is kinda my point. We could get a TE round 2, a DT round 3, and still get a decent change of pace back in round 4 probably.

Kalen Ballage went in round 4 last year and was over 100 on Sunday. 

Then of course, there always seems to be a UDFA like Thomas Rawls, or Phillip Lindsay which is kinda @plan9misfits point. Problem is if you don't draft them there's no guarantee they will sign with you, like Rawls. Especially when they know Zekes our guy

Just like we drafted Scarbrough and tried for Hines last year, I doubt we remain stagnant behind Zeke this off season. 

Archived