FF Jets Forum vs. NYJ Jets Front Office

SDotNova

Pick 3: Sam Darnold QB, USC

Pick 72: Orlando Brown OT, Oklahoma

Pick 107: Josh Sweat, Edge, Florida State

Now that the draft is over, one of the things I thought would be cool to do is, as a forum, decide who we would have drafted with our selection. Then a year or two from now, we can see how we did relative to Macc. At a minimum, it'll give us some good stuff to talk about during the down part of the off-season.

Rules:

• We can only draft players that were on the board at the time of each selection
  • No trades. However, we can vote on saying no to the trades that were actually made during the draft. For example, we can say no to the Vikings trades. But we can't arbitrarily make up a trade
  • We can't undo the trade up to 3. It's too controversial and a lot of hindsight stuff with that trade. But second guessing the trades during the draft are fair game

Process:

• On a 24hr cycle for each pick, everyone will submit 3 players we should consider with the pick that is upcoming. Then a separate topic will be created with a poll to vote on who the selection will be. Each Poll will close in 24hrs. 

Let me know what y'all think. Or if there's anything that needs to be flushed out a bit.

For the first pick, I'm thinking the Darnold, Rosen, and Lamar for the poll.

25 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I wish I could go back to my final mocks and see how amazing the team would be lol.

Still remember in November putting OBJ in all my mocks as a 2nd round pick.

Yea. I think that's fun part. To look back and see how we did. I have selective memory and mostly remember the good stuff. I was screaming for Cooks in the first and AR15 in the second a few years back. 

But I also thought Nathan Peterman was going to be a good QB. Oops. 

Get your recommendations in for Pick 72. Based on the feedback giving in this thread over the next day, I'll set up a new poll for pick 72. 

My 3 options are:

Nyheim Hines RB

Sam Hubbard OLB

Nathan Shepherd DT

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Get your recommendations in for Pick 72. Based on the feedback giving in this thread over the next day, I'll set up a new poll for pick 72. 

My 3 options are:

Nyheim Hines RB

Sam Hubbard OLB

Nathan Shepherd DT

If we want to prove that we are better than MM then taking RB that high. lol.   Honestly, I am happily cheating this game a little bit.

Since Mark Walton was available for Jets' 4th round pick I don't recommend Hines for 3rd. Herndon in 4th is dumb.

My options for 3rd are *scoffing*

DL Nate Shephard.  Solid pick.

G/C Martinas Rankin. Legitimately challenge enough to look away from addressing DE.  whatever.

latest?cb=20140302015407

That mock was done when I expected Jets to appoint TE to be their TE, which is enough to upgrade ASJ in some point.  Now, in Jets' real case, they are more likely to screen all receiving weapons after picking up Clive Walford and signing a bunch of WRs. After what happened to ArDarius Stewart and Chad Hansen last year, I don't like the idea of taking another one before 5th.  Especially, when his damn teammate Mark Walton was available.  Walton could be seen some action as COP runner and subsequently take some plays from Bilal Powell.  Unless Herndon wins a starting gig in TC, Walton is more valuable to Jets in 4th even though I know  MM wont take any RB prior to 5th.  The idea of Jets taking Rankin in 3rd, Walton in 4th and a blocking TE instead of Cannon could excite me.  Give me another joint, bro.

i don't mind shepheard/fat guy like nnadi

other guys i'd think about

Rasheem Green -Opposite Leo on the line

Oren Burks, LB

Personally i'd take Orlando Brown-Wouldnt need to start right away but get him an NFL conditioning team year one and reap benefits long term

Archived