2019 CalhounLambeau Draft Thread

CalhounLambeau

11 hours ago, reamer said:

I really appreciate your efforts, so please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad your contact didn't share. Sometimes it's just not our business if it's not public record. I'll note the red flags, but I don't need to know every salacious detail about these players.i

He usually doesn't give me the details. I normally use him for prospect DOB's. But yeah, the older I get the more I feel uneasy drudging up details on these guys. It is none of my business, its only the NFL's business. 

14 hours ago, reamer said:

I really appreciate your efforts, so please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad your contact didn't share. Sometimes it's just not our business if it's not public record. I'll note the red flags, but I don't need to know every salacious detail about these players.

At the risk of sounding hypocritical, I'm amazed that I haven't heard more about Devin White and his misdemeanor arrest for sex with a minor. I know he was 17, so there are some extenuating circumstances, but it's still an odd and disturbing situation. 

Was about ready to say who cares, the laws are inconsistent in different countries/regions in that it can punish teens for contact with someone less than a year younger, but then read the article and saw she was 14 and it was White (17) and one other guy on the football team (18). Ew

16 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Was about ready to say who cares, the laws are inconsistent in different countries/regions in that it can punish teens for contact with someone less than a year younger, but then read the article and saw she was 14 and it was White (17) and one other guy on the football team (18). Ew

We are all fully aware most of these guys were crazy popular athletes in high school and slept around in high school.  It is not like an athlete in high school at a party is going to say excuse me madam, before we get it on, can I see your ID so I can check your age?

I am sure this kind of thing happens all of the time, just is not reported or they were not caught.  Let us not pretend NFL prospects are some moral authority on anything. Yes many popular male athletes sleep around... 

1 hour ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Speaking of sleeping around, yeah this is kind of funny because any dance team is well worth hanging out with.  On a more serious note, mind you it was at Mississippi State and before a game where they lost 52-6, and he was apparently taking pictures with the dance team and 'flirting' with them pregame.  Thus yeah many male athletes sleep around or at least try to in high school or college.  

Still Ryan Pulley is what maybe a 7th round pick if that, probably will be a UDFA, has decent ball skills at times but overall has had a pretty lack luster career.  When he is on the field he shows some things being able to get his hands on the football but has not been all that consistent and is too bad his almost missed his entire JR year with an injury.

Archived