2019 CalhounLambeau Draft Thread

CalhounLambeau

14 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Toledo has some exciting talent on offense next year. Hopefully they have the OL and QB to get the ball in the hands of their playmakers.

Cody Thompson, Diontae Johnson, and Jonvea Johnson are all 3rd-5th round draft picks IMO. And their bellcow runningback for the upcoming season, Shakif Seymour, is going to be very good. He's going to be drafted as well, although he'll only be a RS Sophomore and would be unlikely to declare.

Agreed. I have all their WR's profiled, for a team like Toledo, that's something. I'll look into that RB.

23 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Mississippi State DT Simmons is a guy to watch, he could be within the elite DT's and is likely to declare early. He flashed big time in games I've watched.

Could this be the best DT class of the modern era? I think it could be at least 6 or 7 guys with first round grades

Following. With two 2nd round picks, Texans should have some assets to play around with. 

Prevailing need should be OT, but we'll see how this shakes out over the course of a season.

So, is it Ed Oliver's spot to lose at #1? Kid seems like a star in the making, an incredible talent paired up with a great work ethic and football IQ. 

I'm biased as a UH alum, so what do the rest of you think?

5 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

So, is it Ed Oliver's spot to lose at #1? Kid seems like a star in the making, an incredible talent paired up with a great work ethic and football IQ. 

I'm biased as a UH alum, so what do the rest of you think?

Think he is the best talent on the big board but won't go #1 because of position. 

3 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Think he is the best talent on the big board but won't go #1 because of position. 

Disagree, after he lights up the combine (Think Aaron Donald type performance) its going to be hard not to have him #1. And I'm the biggest Nick Bosa fan, but athletic freaks like him don't come along that often.

23 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I think Raekwon Davis is a top 3 DT prospect maybe top 2

Dude is a savage with pretty good technique for a big guy, but top 2? in a class like this, he is definitely a 1st round talent but to be #2 you gotta be pretty darn special

21 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Dude is a savage with pretty good technique for a big guy, but top 2? in a class like this, he is definitely a 1st round talent but to be #2 you gotta be pretty darn special

They made a note on the broadcast of one of the playoff games about Raekwon Davis, saying that Minkah called him out during practice saying all he ever does is talk and doesn't do anything on the field.

Just something to keep note of going forward with Davis.

1 minute ago, Da_Ducktator said:

They made a note on the broadcast of one of the playoff games about Raekwon Davis, saying that Minkah called him out during practice saying all he ever does is talk and doesn't do anything on the field.

Just something to keep note of going forward with Davis.

Hey, that's what a great leader does, know what buttons to push to get the most out of his troops. Kudos to him for being brave enough to call such an imposing guy out like that.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Following. With two 2nd round picks, Texans should have some assets to play around with. 

Prevailing need should be OT, but we'll see how this shakes out over the course of a season.

Next year's a good year to invest in T.  The last 2 have been very meh, to say the least.

Of course, if you want an elite pass rusher, next year looks like a bumper crop.  

Assuming Nick Bosa goes top 5, does that make the Bosa family football royalty, outside of the Mannings?   Nick looks like an absolute beast, I think he's the 1.1 pick when it's all said & done - and he's not even playing full-time yet.   That OSU squad is unfair, man.

Raekwon Davis is an interesting guy. After the Mayweather/McGregor fight he left the bar, everyone was piling out into the street. He pulled out a gun and was shooting into the air and managed to shoot himself in the leg. Police were called. Everyone lied to cover up what he did. At the hospital he wasn't helpful with police. Should be a fun one.

3 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Raekwon Davis is an interesting guy. After the Mayweather/McGregor fight he left the bar, everyone was piling out into the street. He pulled out a gun and was shooting into the air and managed to shoot himself in the leg. Police were called. Everyone lied to cover up what he did. At the hospital he wasn't helpful with police. Should be a fun one.

Bama tends to have some interesting cats down there, that why I was so confused Da'Shawn Hand went there, his personality is totally different from the norm there.

5 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I’m on the fence with that as well which leaves me to believe Nick Bosa will become the favorite when it comes down to it.

Archived