2019 CalhounLambeau Draft Thread

CalhounLambeau

7 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Was going through draft websites yesterday. Players who had off-field concerns noted according to these sites sources. 

Dillon Mitchell, WR Oregon (Maturity issues, poor work ethic)

Nyqwan Murray, WR Florida St (Maturity issues)

Emanuel Hall, WR Missouri (Emotional issues)

Will Grier, QB West Virginia (He and his family are high maintenance)

Jachai Polie, DE Florida (Issues with maturity, missing meetings, potential failed tests)

If the Grier one is based on his time at UF, I'd take it with a grain of salt. McElwain was an idiot who was the bigger part of the problem (pushed Grier out because he wasn't his recruit).

38 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If the Grier one is based on his time at UF, I'd take it with a grain of salt. McElwain was an idiot who was the bigger part of the problem (pushed Grier out because he wasn't his recruit).

Was thinking it might be related to the fame of his brothers

Pardon the Draft interruption, but I wanted to make sure that the CalhounLambeau Fan Club got a chance to read about his family

Ted Fritsch played for the Packers in the 1940-50's.  Full write-up below, heck of an all around football player.

https://www.packers.com/news/ted-fritsch-was-hero-for-packers-in-44-nfl-title-game

"Endowed with a running style once likened to a “berserk billy goat” by Chicago Tribune sportswriter Ed Prell, Ted Fritsch led the Packers in rushing during the regular season and then scored both of their touchdowns in the Title game en route to their winning the 1944 NFL Championship. Two years later, Fritsch, who also was a kicker, led the NFL in scoring and was a consensus All-Pro."

"Early in his career, Fritsch led the Packers in kickoff returns in back-to-back seasons. He also played linebacker at a time when players were still doubling on offense and defense, and intercepted 10 passes in his career, including six in 1944 "

2 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Was going through draft websites yesterday. Players who had off-field concerns noted according to these sites sources. 

Dillon Mitchell, WR Oregon (Maturity issues, poor work ethic)

Nyqwan Murray, WR Florida St (Maturity issues)

Emanuel Hall, WR Missouri (Emotional issues)

Will Grier, QB West Virginia (He and his family are high maintenance)

Jachai Polie, DE Florida (Issues with maturity, missing meetings, potential failed tests)

Could you expand on Mitchell and Hall? Or should I just check their profiles in the database?

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Pardon the Draft interruption, but I wanted to make sure that the CalhounLambeau Fan Club got a chance to read about his family

Ted Fritsch played for the Packers in the 1940-50's.  Full write-up below, heck of an all around football player.

https://www.packers.com/news/ted-fritsch-was-hero-for-packers-in-44-nfl-title-game

"Endowed with a running style once likened to a “berserk billy goat” by Chicago Tribune sportswriter Ed Prell, Ted Fritsch led the Packers in rushing during the regular season and then scored both of their touchdowns in the Title game en route to their winning the 1944 NFL Championship. Two years later, Fritsch, who also was a kicker, led the NFL in scoring and was a consensus All-Pro."

"Early in his career, Fritsch led the Packers in kickoff returns in back-to-back seasons. He also played linebacker at a time when players were still doubling on offense and defense, and intercepted 10 passes in his career, including six in 1944 "

I appreciate it man, my wife and I read that article. Well done.

When I first met my wife's grandfather he asked if we were related. He knew Ted from high school football coaching. Small world. 

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Was thinking it might be related to the fame of his brothers

I doubt it. The McElwain story was that Will and his dad pushed for McElwain to guarantee him the starting job before he returned from his suspension or else he'd transfer. The story I've heard from reliable UF insiders is that Grier and his dad wanted assurances that McElwain would let him compete for the job when he returned from suspension. McElwain basically told him it would be best that he moved on to another program. I imagine his dad being involved led to the red flags. It all depends on whom you believe.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bu7VCs3ld5efCR3fDjj_vM09KjYbY_SBDkdJHRJPOew/edit?usp=sharing

Decided to rank and color code the players based on NFL.com's grading system since they  evaluate the most players and do it the most accurately.

6.00-9.00 grade according to NFL.com
  5.50-5.99 grade according to NFL.com
  5.00-5.49 grade according to NFL.com
  4.50-5.00 grade according to NFL.com
  Not yet graded by NFL.com

1 hour ago, CalhounLambeau said:

In regards to his off-field issue/suspension.

I really appreciate your efforts, so please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad your contact didn't share. Sometimes it's just not our business if it's not public record. I'll note the red flags, but I don't need to know every salacious detail about these players.

At the risk of sounding hypocritical, I'm amazed that I haven't heard more about Devin White and his misdemeanor arrest for sex with a minor. I know he was 17, so there are some extenuating circumstances, but it's still an odd and disturbing situation. 

11 hours ago, reamer said:

At the risk of sounding hypocritical, I'm amazed that I haven't heard more about Devin White and his misdemeanor arrest for sex with a minor. I know he was 17, so there are some extenuating circumstances, but it's still an odd and disturbing situation. 

Had no idea, thanks for the tip. Just Tweeted about it. 

Archived