SERIES ISSA OVER BECAUSE BRONS PLAN

El Ramster

54 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t know if you were saying this before, but it’s freakin easy to say that now. They got better, they got deeper. And also let’s not act like all this optimism about the Raptors was about just them, it was the fact Cleveland got a lot worse. Now we’ve come to find out that LeBron trumps all that over the Raptors. They are definitely a better team than last year that indisputable just doesn’t matter when you face Bron.

I was saying this. Most of us here were saying this. Sometimes I feel like you aren’t even here. 

Kyle hope all is well Brodie.. Get that client back! 

I know how it feels to lose a major account. It sucks. 

18 hours ago, El ramster said:

I was saying this. Most of us here were saying this. Sometimes I feel like you aren’t even here. 

Kyle hope all is well Brodie.. Get that client back! 

I know how it feels to lose a major account. It sucks. 

Whatever, there were actual reasons to believe this year would be different. 

22 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t know if you were saying this before, but it’s freakin easy to say that now. They got better, they got deeper. And also let’s not act like all this optimism about the Raptors was about just them, it was the fact Cleveland got a lot worse. Now we’ve come to find out that LeBron trumps all that over the Raptors. They are definitely a better team than last year that indisputable just doesn’t matter when you face Bron.

This is exactly what I heard in the regular season, and my answer then is the same as it is now: Getting deeper is insignificant when your bench/depth is NOT the reason you've been getting stomped in the postseason. It helps you in the regular season, which will help you secure homecourt in the postseason, but in the actual playoff games having more depth is insignificant when you starting lineup gets clobbered. 

They had a better regular season, no debate, but as to whether they're a better team to the point that it is notable? I certainly don't see it. I guess by virtue of their core being together another year we can say they had better chemistry and guys like Poeltl improved. Let's not pretend it's just the great Lebron they struggle with or that he's their lone kryptonite that we just have to accept; they barley got out of the first round. 

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This is exactly what I heard in the regular season, and my answer then is the same as it is now: Getting deeper is insignificant when your bench/depth is NOT the reason you've been getting stomped in the postseason. It helps you in the regular season, which will help you secure homecourt in the postseason, but in the actual playoff games having more depth is insignificant when you starting lineup gets clobbered. 

They had a better regular season, no debate, but as to whether they're a better team to the point that it is notable? I certainly don't see it. I guess by virtue of their core being together another year we can say they had better chemistry and guys like Poeltl improved. Let's not pretend it's just the great Lebron they struggle with or that he's their lone kryptonite that we just have to accept; they barley got out of the first round. 

Except it wasn’t just depth, it was the fact that they made adjustments to how they played, they cut down on ISO’s with Lowry and DeRozan. Coupled with the fact that Cleveland got much worse. If the Raptors didn’t have to play Cleveland they’d get out of the east. Let’s not kid ourselves, it wasn’t  just depth that there was optimism. It just seems like no matter what, Cleveland is in their heads.

Archived