CW21's 2018 NFL Draft Review (Browns Up)

CWood21

38 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

First off, you are completely ignoring 48 selections between 17 and 64 by quoting Top 16 and 3rd Rd QB success rates...can I cherry pick, too? Here...I'll add them in for you.  That would be a 65% success rate for picks 17-32, and 48% for 2nd Rd QBs.

I ignored that period of data because it was irrelevant to the discussion.  We were making a comparison about using the 7th overall pick on Josh Allen and taking Mason Rudolph in the 3rd round, ergo why I chose to look at where the two players were drafted.  The numbers in between are irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

40 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Secondly, you just admitted that you had a 5th Rd grade on a QB selected 7th overall, that was traded up for with picks 53 and 56, which turned into 63 and 117...

So, Josh Allen is worth Vita Vea, MJ Stewart, Carlton Davis, and Jordan Whitehead?

Yes.  And if would have read the Bills' write up, you would have noticed that I docked the Bills HARD for a poor use of resources.  That still doesn't change the fact that I think Josh Allen is exponentially better as a QB prospect than Mason Rudolph.  And quite frankly, I don't think it's even close.  I've already said that I don't think that the Bills should have traded up for Allen.

Mason Rudolph was a bad QB prospect, and the media as usual overhyped him talking about him as a potential Day 1 pick.  He's no different than Landry Jones.

On 7/14/2018 at 7:09 PM, CWood21 said:

Mason Rudolph was a bad QB prospect, and the media as usual overhyped him talking about him as a potential Day 1 pick.  He's no different than Landry Jones.

Except Landry Jones has a good arm.

I'm shocked people continue to put this narrative out there that Mason Rudolph was some type of impressive QB prospect. He's atrocious. Noodle armed QB that got bailed out by a high percentage scheme and some elite jump ball receivers.

Pittsburgh should be excited about James Washington, but aside from him, I thought their draft was a freaking abomination.

21 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Except Landry Jones has a good arm.

I'm shocked people continue to put this narrative out there that Mason Rudolph was some type of impressive QB prospect. He's atrocious. Noodle armed QB that got bailed out by a high percentage scheme and some elite jump ball receivers.

Pittsburgh should be excited about James Washington, but aside from him, I thought their draft was a freaking abomination.

I agree and Jaylen Samuels will be great for them too.

On 4/29/2018 at 6:39 PM, CWood21 said:

lgo_nfl_new_england_patriots?layer=comp&

6(178) - Christian Sam [LB; Arizona State]
6(210) - Christian Berrios [WR; Miami (FL)]

Between the two LBs the Patriots drafted, I think Christian Sam is more likely to be a potential starter down the road because I believe he can hold up better in coverage than Bentley.  Christian Berrios figures to be a potential fit in the slot as an eventual replacement for Julian Edelman.  

I think Christian Sam was a good pick by the Patriots. Sam is an explosive tackler and has pretty good range, so he could control the middle of the field well. In the Patriots' Big Nickel package, he won't really be asked to cover running backs and tight ends - the 3rd safety usually has that role. I think Sam could be a plug-and-play starter in year one as a similar player to Kyle Van Noy, though I think Sam might be better.

Also, Berrios' first name is Braxton, not Christian.

Archived