CWood21

CW21's 2018 NFL Draft Review (Eagles Up)

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's a solid write-up. I think a grade of C is a little harsh. But if you're factoring in the limited amount of picks its definitely justified. I, personally, am not a huge fan of the Goedert pick. Admittedly, he fills a huge need due to Burton leaving via FA and Celek being release/retired. But, as eluded to, it was a great move to get the prospect we wanted while blocking the Cowboys. I think it's a bit of a stretch to basically draft a destined backup even if we run a lot of 2 TE sets, I just don't see the value being maxed out there. As for Maddox, I imagine he's slotted, well in the slot. And since we run mostly a nickel as our base defense, the assessment as he's our "worst value" is incorrect. He may project to be a starter in a position we value very highly. We almost brought back Patrick Robinson at a high pricetag which means the FO is readily willing to contribute assets here. Sweat has a huge upside as I understand and could end up being a steal. For a team that invests heavily into the rotation game, he can contribute almost immediately if he finds himself active on Sundays. There's some injury concerns but good value in the 4th. I agree the draft was bland but they accomplished their goals and picked up a 2019 second rounder which has to figure in there somewhere. I'd give it a B- mostly because of the lack of picks and being somewhat disappointed in the Goedert pick but I mostly agree with the assessment. As an outsider, that's a good job. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Just going to let you know , if you tag @EaglesPeteC in a post, he  has a tendency to show up. May want to be careful with that :)

@CWood21 eagles needed a strictly slot corner we didn't need any more outside corners. Thus why they took Maddox. 

Edited by ninjapirate

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Just going to let you know , if you tag @EaglesPeteC in a post, he  has a tendency to show up. May want to be careful with that :)

Wow @Forge that cut me deep on a personal level haha :D

But seriously, Howie has built that roster like a tank. I trust he's hitting on more of those  players than missing on them.  

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Wow @Forge that cut me deep on a personal level haha :D

But seriously, Howie has built that roster like a tank. I trust he's hitting on more of those  players than missing on them.  

I couldn't resist :D 

You know I got nothing but love for you. 

22 hours ago, CWood21 said:

@Remixxxxxxx

Solid write up - I'm not as high on Goedert as most and I just didn't see TE as a big need. I also am not a fan of Maddox - he was definitely drafted to play in the slot and hopefully we get some return game value from him as well. I like Sweat a lot - he should fit in nicely as a rotational player on the defensive line sooner rather then later. I wasn't super educated on Pryor before the draft but everything I've read has me hopeful. If he can keep his weight in check, there's some potential for him to be a swing player and a nice value pick that late in the draft.

I think the C grade is right where I would grade them, too.