A Way Too Early 2019 Mock v.2.0.

D82

28 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

Lol a 49ers-Jaguars Super Bowl?

What's lol'able about it? 

The Jags were one game away just a few months ago, and with Garoppolo at the helm the Niners look to be a much improved team. 

14 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

The Jags were one game away just a few months ago, and with Garoppolo at the helm the Niners look to be a much improved team. 

The Niners are not a Super Bowl-ready team in my opinion. Garoppolo is a good quarterback, but I doubt he's a Year One Super Bowler. Plus, their defense still isn't much improved even after the draft. And the Jaguars will have a hard time even winning their division with how good the AFC South looks right now, though I think they probably will. Plus, the way things end up turning out, it's never the two teams that had "momentum" from last season. LII was the Patriots against the formerly 6-10 Eagles. LI was against a Falcons team that lost like 8 consecutive games the prior season. 

The NFC has a plethora of talented teams with Minnesota, Green Bay, New Orleans, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, etc. I don't think Garoppolo makes the 49ers that much better that they'll go to Super Bowl LIII.

5 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

The Niners are not a Super Bowl-ready team in my opinion. Garoppolo is a good quarterback, but I doubt he's a Year One Super Bowler. Plus, their defense still isn't much improved even after the draft. And the Jaguars will have a hard time even winning their division with how good the AFC South looks right now, though I think they probably will. Plus, the way things end up turning out, it's never the two teams that had "momentum" from last season. LII was the Patriots against the formerly 6-10 Eagles. LI was against a Falcons team that lost like 8 consecutive games the prior season. 

The NFC has a plethora of talented teams with Minnesota, Green Bay, New Orleans, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, etc. I don't think Garoppolo makes the 49ers that much better that they'll go to Super Bowl LIII.

*shrug*

There's a reason why it's called a "too early" mock. Nobody knows how anyone's going to do next season. Comment on the picks, not the position. 

3 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

the jags were more like 1 hald away TBH. our coaching staff decided to get to cute and that cost us. 

4 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

*shrug*

There's a reason why it's called a "too early" mock. Nobody knows how anyone's going to do next season. Comment on the picks, not the position. 

The position influences the picks greatly.

On 4/29/2018 at 5:12 PM, Danger said:

LOLWUT

Juwan Johnson is a mid rounder, 3rd at best.

Dude will more then likely measure 6-2 215 with a sub 4.5 40. And he moves like he's gonna rip some grass up in the 3 cone drill. 4 might be a stretch even though crazy things have happened. But a 3rd is ridicuous for his kind of skill set. He's basically a Courtland Sutton clone.

11 hours ago, Duffman57 said:

How in the world did you decide that the Chargers were going to end up with a top 5 pick this year....lol.  But if god forbid we do end up there, Hebert has to be the pick......

Ran a simulation. Positions were completely random with the exception of the playoffs.

lol gotta love it when people complain about where their team is slotted in a mock draft made a year in advance. As if they have any clue where their team will be picking. With that said HOW DARE YOU have the Lions picking #15 overall! They will picking AT LEAST #16 overall!

Good job with this though, you've got some good names on here. A few notes I would have: I disagree with Drew Lock in the first, I'm not convinced he has the arm to make enough throws. Justin Herbert should QB1 until someone else proves otherwise (his tape is great). N'Keal Harry at 2 seems a tad high with Oliver and Bosa still available, but I love that you have him as the #1 WR and not AJ Brown. AJ Brown should probably get some legit reps on the boundary before people hype him up too much. I haven't watched the Daniel Jones tape yet but I've heard great things. You should keep an eye out for Deondre Francois, his freshman tape was impressive and if he becomes the leader that Willie Taggert wants him to become he could vault himself into that top 10 range. I LOVE Rashan Gary, but I honestly am nor sure if he should go over Zach Allen and Raekwon Davis. All three are similar players and Gary might be the best athlete, but Zach Allen's tape is just stupid and his ability to bend for a guy his size his equally as stupid. Raekwon Davis might have the most potential of the three because he not only has the great height but he also has ridiculous length and the ability to sink his hips. I love Gary, I see some Cameron Jordan in his game, but I could see a JJ Watt-lite comparison for Zach Allen and a Calais Campbell-lite comparison for Raekwon Davis. I like Dexter Lawrence, but I doubt he goes that high. Vea went 12th this year, he played much stronger, and has more athletic upside as a rusher. Nose Tackles just don't go that high if they aren't absolute freaks, and I doubt Lawrence will test that well. I love Khaleke Hudson, as a Michigan fan I pray he doesn't leave early. He's everything Jabrill Peppers was plus more. I have the Seahawks taking Greg Little in my mock draft as well, I like that pick. I doubt Clayton Thorson goes in the first, he reminds me of Jacoby Brissett. Solid player but not the guy you want as your franchise QB. I don't love David Edwards. I can see the upside, but he doesn't generate movement the way he should at his size and he doesn't finish his blocks as often as I'd like. I think Devin White compares to Tahir Whitehead (but more athletic), so it's funny that you gave him to Oakland who just signed Whitehead. He would certainly fit their type. Bryce Love is great but I could see teams dropping him because he's too smart. They might fear he will retire similarly to how John Urschel retired. I could see Rodney Andersom going before him. If Noah Fant declares he should probably be the top tight end. Albert Okwuegbunam is good but I like Noah Fant more. 

Other guys who I think could be in the 1st round conversation: QB Shea Patterson, QB Jordan Ta'amu, QB Jarrett Stidham, RB Devin Singletary, WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR Anthony Johnson, WR Ahmmon Richards, WR Deebo Samuel, WR Collin Johnson, TE Caleb Wilson, TE Dawson Knox, OL Beau Benzschawel, OL Daniel Cooney, OL Jawaan Taylor, DL Jerry Tillery, DL Terry Beckner Jr, EDGE Anfernee Jennings, EDGE Carl Granderson, CB Greedy Williams, CB Mark Gilbert, CB Michael Jackson, CB Deandre Baker, and S Chauncey Gardner Jr

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Ran a simulation. Positions were completely random with the exception of the playoffs.

Gotcha.  But how did you decide that the Broncos would come out of the west (if that wasn't part of the simulation)?  I just don't see Keenum leading that team anywhere, and I still don't think that D is what it's made out to be....

58 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

Gotcha.  But how did you decide that the Broncos would come out of the west (if that wasn't part of the simulation)?  I just don't see Keenum leading that team anywhere, and I still don't think that D is what it's made out to be....

Denver finished second in the division. Just the way the simulation played out.

Archived