UDFA Tavarus McFadden

Pandomonium

Excited to have Tavarus in the building. Think that he could end up being a viable second starter at corner if he has to be. Ran a 4.58 at his pro day, but as tall and long as he is, that isn't bad. He isn't fluid on tape and that's confirmed in his change of direction testing. But he's a pretty good athlete otherwise. And with his vertical, long arms, and height, he is truly excellent against deep balls. Honestly, he reminds me an awful lot of Trumaine Johnson. You can do worse.

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Excited to have Tavarus in the building. Think that he could end up being a viable second starter at corner if he has to be. Ran a 4.58 at his pro day, but as tall and long as he is, that isn't bad. He isn't fluid on tape and that's confirmed in his change of direction testing. But he's a pretty good athlete otherwise. And with his vertical, long arms, and height, he is truly excellent against deep balls. Honestly, he reminds me an awful lot of Trumaine Johnson. You can do worse.

yes I just hope he makes the team

if he does well, he could be the steal of the draft

I'll be honest, never was a big fan of his even when he had that season with 8 INTs. He would get beat far too often and was fortunate on a lot of drops/overthrows. But thought he would still get drafted. Lets be real, we don't have many proven corners on our team so he may have a shot to make it, though probably unlikely unless there is an injury or two. 

Meeks was a 95th percentile SPARQ athlete, McFadden was like middle of the road or worst. Meeks fit the scheme and is a better athlete. He must've done something or there's a hidden injury or something to cause him to go from a potential 3rd round pick to undrafted.

59 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

That was a head-scratcher for me also. Pretty certain Meeks tested better in more than one of those 'special categories' than McF.

Then again, I was also the one asking my telly often "What about Hercules?! He's still available! Draft him!". No one listened to me. Sigh. :$

who is Hercules?

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Meeks was a 95th percentile SPARQ athlete, McFadden was like middle of the road or worst. Meeks fit the scheme and is a better athlete. He must've done something or there's a hidden injury or something to cause him to go from a potential 3rd round pick to undrafted.

I didn’t watch a lot of Meeks just for the fact that I didn’t really like what I saw initially. Yes he’s plus athlete, but from what I saw, he was not the best at finding the ball. He seemed to always be facing the receiver when the ball was in the air and not actually making a play on it. Again I didn’t watch a ton of Meeks, but that is something that stood out to me. 

22 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Certainly would have preferred Meeks to McFadden. That being said, McFadden should be a nice fit for the scheme here, so there's some upside. But he's got to cut down the mental errors. He gives up way more in the passing game than he really should. It's like he actually doesn't know how to cover receivers / play the position sometimes. Needs a lot of coaching, and of course, does have some athletic limitations. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the practice squad, and that's probably the best bet for him off the bat. 

I get the feeling this dude is going to be cut during training camp and everyone will be upset until he flames out of the league after a year or two.

That said I do hope he manages to stick around. 

3 minutes ago, Geek said:

I get the feeling this dude is going to be cut during training camp and everyone will be upset until he flames out of the league after a year or two.

That said I do hope he manages to stick around. 

He's the only real name that we signed, but I don't know how good he is. Sketchy tape + awful workouts is not an ideal prospect. I could see him make the PS, I don't see any way in which he makes the actual 53. I wouldn't be at all shocked if he takes a back seat to the other DBs we signed as undrafted guys. 

Archived