Who had best draft?

dll2000

4 hours ago, G08 said:

It's a really weird feeling being a die hard Bears fan but knowing Aaron Rodgers is the best QB I have ever seen in my life and I actually enjoy watching him play. So bizarre.

Don't know if I can say he's hands down the best, but he can make some utterly amazing throws. 

14 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Don't know if I can say he's hands down the best, but he can make some utterly amazing throws. 

He's made and completed throws on the football field that literally have made my jaw hit the floor. People can say what they want about Brady, he doesn't have anywhere near the pure football talent that AR12 does. It's not even close.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

He's made and completed throws on the football field that literally have made my jaw hit the floor. People can say what they want about Brady, he doesn't have anywhere near the pure football talent that AR12 does. It's not even close.

Oh, I know what you're saying, for sure. We've all seen him make throws that...well...he frankly shouldn't be able to make. Rodgers is the most accurate passer ever (even though all-time percentages don't reflect that), but Brady probably has better intangibles. As did Elway (who also had a stronger arm). Is an interesting debate to have...

I find myself saying "wow" when I watch Rodgers moreso than when I watch Brady. Even my wife, who knows next to nothing about football and rarely watches, will actually sit down, watch Rodgers and say "that looked like a really good throw" every now and again.

On 5/11/2018 at 11:30 AM, G08 said:

I'd just like to take this moment to say FTP and that offensive line gets away with ridiculous amounts of holding.

I don’t agree with the “the refs cheat to help the Packers” sentiment that a lot of people have, but I do feel that if there’s a call with some gray area they’re given the benefit of the doubt on like 90% of the time.

Also, note that I don’t hate the Packers. They’re a first-class organization with a great history. I hate Packers fans, the super-entitled ****-eating grinners who look down their nose at everybody else because they feel the Packers are just supposed to always be good, because of divine intervention or some elitist quotes that Lombardi rattled off while he was busy alienating his family. They’re essentially Patriots fans who are marginally less loud, have fewer of their namesake trophies to show for 19 playoff appearances since 1992, and are dumb enough to pay like $250 for a glorified fan club that sends them a piece of paper claiming they own the team. These people are the worst. I can’t wait until that team fades back into the mediocrity that last experienced in 70s and 80s so that I can happily return the favor and rub salt in their wounds at every possible turn.

8 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

I don’t agree with the “the refs cheat to help the Packers” sentiment that a lot of people have, but I do feel that if there’s a call with some gray area they’re given the benefit of the doubt on like 90% of the time.

Also, note that I don’t hate the Packers. They’re a first-class organization with a great history. I hate Packers fans, the super-entitled ****-eating grinners who look down their nose at everybody else because they feel the Packers are just supposed to always be good, because of divine intervention or some elitist quotes that Lombardi rattled off while he was busy alienating his family. They’re essentially Patriots fans who are marginally less loud, have fewer of their namesake trophies to show for 19 playoff appearances since 1992, and are dumb enough to pay like $250 for a glorified fan club that sends them a piece of paper claiming they own the team. These people are the worst. I can’t wait until that team fades back into the mediocrity that last experienced in 70s and 80s so that I can happily return the favor and rub salt in their wounds at every possible turn.

LMAO. I have a buddy that was raised a Pacers fan, and above his TV he has one of those shares. So I bought one of those $35 knock off jerseys  online (that are pretty clearly fake) and got it of Wooten, then faked Favre's signature and a quote. "Thanks for ending the career, I never had the balls to walk away on my own but always wanted to retire a Viking. SKOL."

Folded and pinned it over the frame he has the share stock in and it was 2-3 days before I got that hateful call.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

LMAO. I have a buddy that was raised a Pacers fan, and above his TV he has one of those shares. So I bought one of those $35 knock off jerseys  online (that are pretty clearly fake) and got it of Wooten, then faked Favre's signature and a quote. "Thanks for ending the career, I never had the balls to walk away on my own but always wanted to retire a Viking. SKOL."

Folded and pinned it over the frame he has the share stock in and it was 2-3 days before I got that hateful call.

On a side note, those counterfeit jerseys are so bad, aren't they? xD

Not sure how some people can honestly believe they're the on-field tops just because they're stitched.

56 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

On a side note, those counterfeit jerseys are so bad, aren't they? xD

Not sure how some people can honestly believe they're the on-field tops just because they're stitched.

Man it sucked so bad. Looked like a knockoff of a knockoff. Didn' have the GSH on the sleeve, no NFL logo, and not even the right color. It was closer to the Nickelodeon orange than the Bears burnt orange. 

Still worth it. :D

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Man it sucked so bad. Looked like a knockoff of a knockoff. Didn' have the GSH on the sleeve, no NFL logo, and not even the right color. It was closer to the Nickelodeon orange than the Bears burnt orange. 

Still worth it. :D

Meanwhile, my Jay Cutler Miami Dolphins jersey is authentic NFL.  I can only wear this over to my brother in laws house, workplace etc as he is the one who inflicted it upon me.  

Someday my grandkids are going to be cleaning out boxes and have a serious WTF moment

9 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Meanwhile, my Jay Cutler Miami Dolphins jersey is authentic NFL.  I can only wear this over to my brother in laws house, workplace etc as he is the one who inflicted it upon me.  

Someday my grandkids are going to be cleaning out boxes and have a serious WTF moment

How much was it? This is typically the first indicator of how "authentic" a jersey is.

On May 15, 2018 at 8:26 AM, Sugashane said:

I like how the only benefits of being a Packers "owner" are:

1. Perpetuating a lie.

2. Access to a special online store that peddles additional merchandise that perpetuates a lie.

8 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I like how the only benefits of being a Packers "owner" are:

1. Perpetuating a lie.

2. Access to a special online store that peddles additional merchandise that perpetuates a lie.

I had no idea about the second point. definitely worth it imo

Archived