D82

Which OT do you take?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which OT do you take?

• Tyron Smith
    • Trent Williams

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Oh.  Well, that settles it then.

I mean...all I did was state my opinion. How is it a bad thing if I reference myself for my own opinion but it's okay to reference some random guy with no real credibility? Sorry that I don't think the player on your favorite team is the best ever...

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

I mean...all I did was state my opinion. How is it a bad thing if I reference myself for my own opinion but it's okay to reference some random guy with no real credibility? Sorry that I don't think the player on your favorite team is the best ever...

Right, because it's so clear this was stated as an opinion: "Tyron Smith is the best offensive lineman in football, so him".

That "random guy" (Jon Ledyard) has more credibility than you ever will.  But eh, whatever.  Since it's now clear that it's just your opinion and I haven't seen you state any facts to back it up, I'll just take it with the grain of salt it deserves.

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Right, because it's so clear this was stated as an opinion: "Tyron Smith is the best offensive lineman in football, so him".

That "random guy" (Jon Ledyard) has more credibility than you ever will.  But eh, whatever.  Since it's now clear that it's just your opinion and I haven't seen you state any facts to back it up, I'll just take it with the grain of salt it deserves.

The "random guy" I was referring to is Matt Claassen (the guy who wrote the PFF article that was used to reference Marshall Yanda as the best OL in the NFL).

The thread is asking who is better between Smith and Williams. I said Smith is the best OL in the NFL, so he's my answer to the thread. It is painfully obvious I was stating it as an opinion.

If you want someone with a bunch of credibility, go ask Geoff Schwartz (former NFL offensive lineman) who he thinks is the best offensive lineman in the NFL. And, if you're so concerned with bringing "facts" into this, where are your facts? What "facts" do you have to support your opinion?

7 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

The "random guy" I was referring to is Matt Claassen (the guy who wrote the PFF article that was used to reference Marshall Yanda as the best OL in the NFL).

The thread is asking who is better between Smith and Williams. I said Smith is the best OL in the NFL, so he's my answer to the thread. It is painfully obvious I was stating it as an opinion.

If you want someone with a bunch of credibility, go ask Geoff Schwartz (former NFL offensive lineman) who he thinks is the best offensive lineman in the NFL. And, if you're so concerned with bringing "facts" into this, where are your facts? What "facts" do you have to support your opinion?

I posted an article from Jon Ledyard earlier in the thread giving his top 5 OTs heading into 2017.  Since it was my response you were replying to, I thought he was the "random guy" you were referring to.

Actually, that is far from "painfully obvious".  "Painfully obvious" would be "IMO, Smith is the best OL in the NFL".

And do you really want to ask someone who has a "bunch of credibility" who the best in the game is?  Go ask Joe Thomas.  Go ask Gerald McCoy.  Go ask Von Miller.  And though there is some obvious bias involved, Bill Callahan has stated multiple times that he considers Trent Williams the best OT in the league, and is constantly wowed by the way he plays.

Go look at Ledyard's breakdown, I agree with his facts on both players.  It's a close call.  But I would take Williams right now.

19 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Good question, OP...;)

xD

They are both extremely talented and in the top five at their respective position without a doubt. You really can't go wrong with either one. I just happen to prefer Tyron due to age...though hopefully this back issue doesn't develop into a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:31 PM, IDOG_det said:

Your posts are kind of embarrassing. People providing links with evaluations and you just saying they don't know what they are talking about adds nothing to the conversation. Provide something to refute the argument.

49 minutes ago, iothar said:

Your posts are kind of embarrassing. People providing links with evaluations and you just saying they don't know what they are talking about adds nothing to the conversation. Provide something to refute the argument.

Re-read what I said (and take your own advice)

Archived