SDotNova

Pick 3  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Make your Pick

• Sam Darnold
    • Josh Rosen
    • Josh Allen

Who would you have gone with?

Let's get the FF Jets Draft on the way. Who would you have drafted with pick number 3? Based on the couple of replies in the main topic, I put Rosen, Darnold and Allen on the poll. Also, those three have been the debate for the last 3 months. So, no need to make this selection too complicated. 

Poll will close around 10PM EST on April 30th.

Feel free to leave your thoughts on this pick. Pick 3 might be overkill since everyone is probably sick and tired of debating the QB's. But I am hoping we have some debate for the later picks. Almost like a war room type thing. 

I have to say, I have jumped on the Darnold bandwagon since we've drafted him. And now I think that Darnold could have the better career (let's hope so). But I went with my original ranking. My vote is for Rosen. 

34 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I have to say, I have jumped on the Darnold bandwagon since we've drafted him. And now I think that Darnold could have the better career (let's hope so). But I went with my original ranking. My vote is for Rosen. 

Agreed, Rosen would have been my choice

3 hours ago, SDotNova said:

I was a Rosen guy, but Darnold, is so young and he should be around for 15 years. I just hope we don't throw him in fire to soon. I hate comparing QB's but he looks like a young Eli Manning big strong quite, good arm and faster than Eli. I also are on the Darnold, bandwagon. Lets just hope we can get the kid a better supporting cast, especially on the Offensive line, that is the key.

I didn’t really watch that much tape on Darnold as I thought we had no shot at him. I completely thought it would come down to Baker/Rosen/Allen. That’s why I wanted Rosen.

After watching lots of Darnold tape this weekend I’m elated we have him.    

This is not even close. Sam Darnold was the #1 rated QB on 17 of 32 GM. He is everything you want in a QB and he is only 20 years old. He has the blood lines, size, accuracy, arm strength, I.Q of football, leadership skills, not injury prone, and a great work ethic. Ya this is the perfect fit for the Jets. We are so lucky that he fell too us. I think he is the best QB to come out since Andrew Luck and I think I like him over Luck. This is how good he is going to be. The people who say he has maxed out his potential is a joke. 

I have no idea why people would take Josh Rosen over him. You have got to be crazy. Rosen has injury concerns, leadership problems, needs to be motivated to get better and his attitude rubs people the wrong way. If he is rubbing people the wrong way you know this will effect the locker room and that is all we need is a bad locker room again. I would only take Rosen if it was between him and Lamar Jackson. Yes I would take Josh Allen over Rosen. 

My QB list

1. Sam Darnold = Aaron Rodgers, Payton Manning

2. Baker Mayfield = Drew Brees

3. Josh Allen = Big Ben

4. Josh Rosen = Joe Flacco

5. Mason Rudolph = Josh McCown

Lamar Jackson is going to be the biggest bust of them all. He is going to be like a Tee Marin or Joe Webb type guy.

Jet fuel, where did you come up with leadership problems with Rosen, and since when has anybody had to motivate Rosen. He is still the best passer that was in the draft. You should be looking at all the turnovers Darnold, had last year. We are all happy we got Darnold, we all would have been happy with Mayfield or Rosen.

Rubbing people the wrong way is not leadership skills. He turned off a few teams as you can see in his slide down the draft board. He has even stated that he needs to be pushed. That is not good if you need to be pushed. This is when self motivation comes in. If you have to push him that means he is not pushing the guys on the field. The turnover thing on Darnold is WAY over blown. Rosen had just as many turnovers as Darnold. 

I had Sam Darnold as my top rated guy since last year, but I NEVER thought we had a chance when we won too many games. 

I figured it was between Mayfield and Rosen, I wanted Rosen. I really like Rosen as a QB prospect, he reminds me of Matt Ryan in ways.  But I have Sam Darnold as the best QB prospect to come out in a while, I compare him with Andrew Luck in terms of talent.  

What puts Darnold over Rosen for me is better college production, more of a winner, more durable, and more athletic. There aren't questions about his motivations. We are really lucky that Darnold fell to 3  Darnold has the chance to be a superstar QB, we haven't had a QB with this kind of upside EVER. Hopefully things pan out and this dude ends up being a franchise QB for us. 

I don't know really know how to close polls. But it looks like if the FF Jets Forum were advising Macc on the 3rd pick, there would have been a decent roar to pick Darnold by 2:1 vs. Rosen. 

Archived