FF Jets Forum Draft War Room - Pick #3

SDotNova

Pick 3  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Make your Pick

• Sam Darnold
    • Josh Rosen
    • Josh Allen

Honestly was so stuck on Rosen and Baker, I became bias to them since that seemed to be the range we'd be going. Never looked at Darnold's tape too much because subconsciously I was letdown that we didn't "suck enough for Sam" lmao. 

Thought Darnold was heading to Browns or at worst, Giants and hoped the worst for him. Lol

Now that we have him, I spent a bunch of time looking at all of his film breakdowns by various people. I'm very excited.

9 hours ago, DowNY said:

Honestly was so stuck on Rosen and Baker, I became bias to them since that seemed to be the range we'd be going. Never looked at Darnold's tape too much because subconsciously I was letdown that we didn't "suck enough for Sam" lmao. 

Thought Darnold was heading to Browns or at worst, Giants and hoped the worst for him. Lol

Now that we have him, I spent a bunch of time looking at all of his film breakdowns by various people. I'm very excited.

Exciting time to be a Jets fan. Not just because of Darnold, but because it seems we actually have leadership in the building. This team is night and day with CJ. Chris Johnson is giving the management space to build a perennial winner. The only time he has stepped in is when Macc seemed to get off path with the type of players we want. Our front office is learning. And Macc seems to have a good right hand man in Hermindinger. We will need to see Bowles grow as a coach though. But he also seems to have a good right hand man in Bates. Now we have a franchise QB and have surrounded him with the people. 

The only thing I want to see us do is define the type of team we are. We know the culture already and are getting players that fit that culture.  But I don't see the direction we are going in our playing style. For example the Pats are a bend but don't break defense. And they are a quick hit take what you give me offense. They are receivers where you are like, yea that is a pat type receiver.

As it stands, I think we are trying to be an aggressive defense that likes to blitz. And on offense a quick hit offense. Maybe. I'm pumped for this season though.

I forever had Rosen and Darnold as top too with the Slight nod to Rosen. Happy with either, but if it was my choice it would have been Rosen. 

But for like the 5000th time, I haven't met these guys and don't have access to their medical evaluations. So this exercise is kinda weird to me. 

43 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

But for like the 5000th time, I haven't met these guys and don't have access to their medical evaluations. So this exercise is kinda weird to me. 

This x10000. 

We here are all more than welcome to second guess, mock, evaluate, whatever but the truth is that we’ll always be operating with limited information and doing so with less expertise than those doing this for a living. 

Archived