NFL Comparisons for 2018 Draft Class

Cadmus

14 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Valdes-Scantling - Terrance Williams

I actually considered Williams as the comp MVS, but I felt MVS had ability to create yards with the ball in his hands (I've never seen Williams do that at the NFL level), so I went with Louis. 

Either way.... I think that's a solid comp. 

• 1 month later...

Put those homer shades on and just bask in it:

giphy.gif

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/nfl-offers-chance-for-packers-fifth-round-draft-pick-marquez/article_5349a999-eb3a-5956-b1df-d329e187ce9a.html

The touchdown may have been 95 yards, but Quinton Flowers didn’t have to throw it nearly that far. Marquez Valdes-Scantling took care of most of it himself — and that’s what got the Green Bay Packers personnel department’s attention.

Three months after the play, at 6-foot-4 and 206 pounds, Valdes-Scantling ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 seconds at the NFL scouting combine. To put into perspective how fast that is for a wide receiver that size, there was another receiver who measured 6-4, weighed 194 pounds and ran his 40 in 4.38 seconds awhile back. That was at the 1998 combine — and that receiver was Randy Moss.

Why did I have it in my head that Valdes-Scantling was the slow one of the group?  Probably because I don't like his name, and I don't like that he's going to turn 24 in the early part of the season and I completely write players off who are that old. 

Alexander - 21 (February)
Jackson - 22 (April)
Burks - 23 (March)
Moore - 23 (May)
Madison - ?
Scott - 16 (October)
Valdez-Scantling - 23 (October)
St. Brown - 21 (September)
Looney - 23 (May)
Bradley - 24 (May)

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Why did I have it in my head that Valdes-Scantling was the slow one of the group? 

Probably because we weren't gushing over him the way some were gushing over ESB and J'Mon Moore. I think he winds up being the best WR from this group and he's been overlooked by many IMHO.

On 4/30/2018 at 10:33 PM, Cadmus said:

No one else wants to offer up their NFL comparisons for our DPs?

Honestly, making player comps is incredibly hard.  You'll see a LOT of qualities that apply to a certain player, but they're also missing other qualities.

Archived