Worst Game Mechanics

DingoLadd

13 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I hate it, but at the same time, I don't have a clue how to fix it.  Maybe just scale down how much is rewarded? Like in real life, most people don't walk around with thousands of dollars on them, so why should a bandit drop 10,000 when most people would only have 0-200?

Yea I don't know what you do. I feel like possibly adding a hefty "restore" merchant for gear found in the field to make money more useful may work. Does it really make sense that you find some awesome 500 year old sword in a chest and its just ready to use and brand new? I think merchants also need to be better tiered as far as what they carry. They need cheap, intermediate, expensive, and super expensive stuff that is actually worth buying. 

Or you just add a whole bunch of extras like the houses in Skyrim, GTA V I think did a great job of it with all of their different stuff in online. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, Spartacus said:

Yes! To add to that most money becomes simply useless by the 2nd half of most games. In most RPGs the best gear comes from looting things you killed or chests. That along with crafting and other mechanics make money essentially useless in almost all RPGs I've ever played. In fact I can't think of one RPG (Maybe some MMOs) where money was really of any use by about half way through it. 

Credits were always good in Mass Effect, and gold in skyrim is always nice.

Archived