OLB Smith/Anderson OLB 4

CBNorman/Moreau/Scandrick/Dunbar/ stroman/Holsey 6

FS Swerenger/Apke 

SS Nicholson/Everett/Blanding S 5

K Hopkins

P Way

LS Red

SURPRISES 4 UDFAs make the 53

OLINE- Parris and Welsh should have gone in this draft. I think 1 can emerge as a future starter but as of now Nsekhe is the man to beat there, Clemmings played well for us at tackle, I think we keep him and release Bergstrom who we just resigned also good bye Catalina, Kouandjio,Kalis, and Franklin, I think Kalis and Catalina stay on our PS

WR Cobbs makes this team and with Quinn  I can see as a possible KR, great special teamer and he kind of reminds me of grant, Davis to me takes a spot if we keep 6 he’s probably our most athletic one, just needs to put it together, I hate to cut Harris bc I really like him but he’s had chances here, also I know we resigned quick but I think Davis pushes him off the team

DLINE McGee and Mclain I think are good as gone. When we drafted Settle I think it forced McGee off the roster, with Payne we have so much versatility and if Settle ceases the opportunity we can move Payne to End. Phil Taylor is cheap and when healthy he produced He’s there for depth and in goal line packages, Ioannidis who I love loses his starting spot in the 3-4 if Settle ends up balling, we keep Ziggy who is cheap and moves back to his normal position. We finally have real Dline Depth!

DBs Quin makes this team, totally surprised we got him as a UDFA, We keep 5 S and 6 CBS, Stroman becomes our PR and Apke ends up being our best special teamer

lers see yalls charts, thoughts and opinions

QB: Smith/McCoy/Hogan 3

RB: Guice/Thompson/Perine/Kelly 4

WR: Doctson/Richardson/Crowder/Harris/Quinn 5

TE: Reed/Davis/Sprinkle 3

LT: Williams/Christian

LG: Nsekhe/Welsh

C: Rollier/Bergstrom

RG: Schereff/Franklin 

RT: Moses  OLINE 9

Offense = 24

DE Allen/Lanier

DT Payne/Settle/Taylor

DE Ioannidis/McGee DLINE 6

OLB Smith/McPhee 

ILB Foster/Spaight

ILB Brown/Hamilton/JHC  ILB 5

OLB  Kerrigan/Anderson OLB 4

CBNorman/Moreau/Scandrick/Dunbar/ Stroman/Holsey CB 6

FS Swearinger/Apke 

SS Nicholson/Everett/Blanding S 5

Defense = 26

KR: Apke

PR: Stroman

K: Hopkins

P: Way

LS: Sundberg ST 3

My 53:

QB: Smith, McCoy, Hogan - 3

RB: Guice, Perine, Thompson - 3

TE: Reed, Davis, Sprinkle - 3

WR: Doctson, Richardson, Crowder, Quinn, Cobbs - 5

OL: Williams, Moses, Scherff, Rouiller, Nsekhe, Franklin, Christian, Kouandjio, Welsh - 9

DL: Allen, Ioannidis, Payne, Settle, Lanier, McGee - 6

OLB: Kerrigan, Smith, Anderson, McPhee - 4

ILB: Foster, Brown, Vigil, Spaight, Harvey-Clemons, Hamilton - 6

CB: Norman, Moreau, Scandrick, Dunbar, Holsey, Stroman - 6

S: Swearinger, Nicholson, Everett, Apke, Smithson - 5

K: Hopkins -1

P: Way -1

LS: Sundberg -1

2 minutes ago, mike23md said:

My 53:

OL: Williams, Moses, Scherff, Rouiller, Nsekhe, Franklin, Christian, Kouandjio, Bergstrom - 9

Haven't we traditionally carried either 4 RBs or 4 TEs?  

QB: Alex Smith, Colt McCoy

RB: Guice, Thompson, Perine, Bibbs

TE: Reed, Davis, Sprinkle

WR: Doctson, Richardson, Crowder, Harris, Davis, Quinn

OLine: Williams, Nsekhe, Roullier, Scherff, Moses, Christian, Parris, Kouandjio, Franklin

DLine: Allen, Payne, Ioaniddis, McGee, Lanier, Settle

LB: Kerrigan, Brown, Foster, Smith, Anderson, McPhee, Harvey-Clemons, Hamilton, Spaight

CB: Norman, Dunbar, Scandrick, Moreau, Holsey, Stroman

S: Swearinger, Nicholson, Everett, Apke, Smithson

K: Hopkins

P: Way

LS: Sundberg

Practice Squad:

Cobbs, Hogan, Welsh, Blanding, Flanagan, Marshall, (+4 others)

16 minutes ago, MosEisley said:

Is Hogan still able to be on the Practice squad?

“In 2016, the NFL adopted a modification to the practice squad rules that allows up to four players per practice squad to have two accrued seasons, making it easier for teams to have experienced players on their practice squad. In the previous agreement, only two players with two accrued seasons were allowed to be on a practice squad.

Other than those four players, eligibility is limited to players who have been on an active roster for fewer than six games, or were on a 46-man active gameday roster for fewer than nine games.”

From what I am gathering, he is.

14 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Haven't we traditionally carried either 4 RBs or 4 TEs?  

Only because we used to carry a FB and last year we had Paul and drafted a TE (Sprinkle). We also loved Mack Brown as much as our other backs last year and didn’t want to lose him, it’s a shame we had to love him because off all the OL injuries 

14 hours ago, mike23md said:

My 53:

OL: Williams, Moses, Scherff, Rouiller, Nsekhe, Franklin, Christian, Kouandjio, Welsh - 9

I like it, I’d do this, but I’d be shocked if Gruden does. I don’t see Gruden cutting Kelley and while I’d love to keep those 6 ILBs, I doubt we keep 6. Either JHC or Vigil aren’t likely to make the team with Vigil the most likely man out because of JHC’s special teams ability and dime linebacker/3rd safety versatility.

Josh Harvey Clemons is likely to make the team in that regard conisdering he saw playing time last year and could also play S. I agree with that. I think the Skins like Vigil but may push him to the PS. I am glad to see that Will Compton is gone. Tennessee can cut him. And maybe 6 ILB's is a bit much for a 2 spot rotation. I could go down to 4. And push JHC to S, with Smithson back on the PS. 

I don't like the CB situation very much. I think Dunbar is still raw and needs more work. Moreau has been given no chance due to injury and Breeland, who is still a free agent. Scandrick will be a slot CB. Which leaves Holsey who was very limited and Stroman who has a ton of upside, but is a rookie. 

I don't see Rob Kelley making this team. With the investment into Guice and Perine, resigning Thompson, Kelley is the odd man out. Likely they keep one of the more versatile backs on the roster like Bibbs. 

What surprises me is that WR didnt seem to be much of a priority this off season considering our depth chart. Mo Harris is the WC in this spot. Brian Quick might not make the team but his veteran presence is always a plus. 

7 hours ago, mike23md said:

Josh Harvey Clemons is likely to make the team in that regard conisdering he saw playing time last year and could also play S. I agree with that. I think the Skins like Vigil but may push him to the PS. I am glad to see that Will Compton is gone. Tennessee can cut him. And maybe 6 ILB's is a bit much for a 2 spot rotation. I could go down to 4. And push JHC to S, with Smithson back on the PS. 

I don't like the CB situation very much. I think Dunbar is still raw and needs more work. Moreau has been given no chance due to injury and Breeland, who is still a free agent. Scandrick will be a slot CB. Which leaves Holsey who was very limited and Stroman who has a ton of upside, but is a rookie. 

I don't see Rob Kelley making this team. With the investment into Guice and Perine, resigning Thompson, Kelley is the odd man out. Likely they keep one of the more versatile backs on the roster like Bibbs. 

What surprises me is that WR didnt seem to be much of a priority this off season considering our depth chart. Mo Harris is the WC in this spot. Brian Quick might not make the team but his veteran presence is always a plus. 

I’m not concerned about corner or wr, I guess I can understand why people are so concerned about those positions and Lg but in my true opinion the concerns are overblown.

We have two talented vets competing for the starting LG spot (Nsekhe & Franklin) a long with a handful of youngsters. Someone has to emerge out of that group as at least serviceable.

Breeland was good but inconsistent, Dunny has also been inconsistent but Dunny can at least catch the ball - something Bree & Norman can’t do - if we get more ints bc Dunny is at corner instead of someone else, I’ll be thrilled even he gets beat a little more. Moreau has a lot of talent. I don’t know why people get concerned with letting young players play and try to prove themselves, that’s what I get most excited about. I mean the way I see it is, at some point Moreau was going to get playing time and a chance to prove himself as a starter or slot corner, no better time than now.

We signed Paul Richardson, so it’s not like we did nothing at wr. Doctson and Crowder were going to be starting no matter what.  Quick is a jag that is capable of doing what Grant did last year if he got those kinds of targets and Harris has flashed a lot, he just needs a chance too. Again, I think Harris could be a wr who could do what Grant did last year if he got the chance and Harris has more speed.

Just now, turtle28 said:

We have two talented vets competing for the starting LG spot (Nsekhe & Franklin) a long with a handful of youngsters.

Nsekhe has limited experience playing at guard (what, a handful of games?).
Franklin has plenty of experience, but was so bad in San Diego that they cut him after just two years into a lucrative five year deal. He then signed a contract with New Orleans last summer ... and lasted four days with them (July 27 - August 1). He then signed with the Redskins on October 28 ... only to be cut on November 4th. He re-signed a reserve/future's contract with Washington in January.

As for the "youngsters," they're all current or former UDFAs with the exception of Kouandjio who was a flop.

A wise team would be facing this scenario only if they suffered an injury or two in offseason workouts or training camp. They wouldn't go through the entire offseason and draft with that as the plan considering they have had next to zero time to evaluate either veteran as a season long solution at those positions. That's foolishness.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Someone has to emerge out of that group as at least serviceable.

No, no they don't.

Hey, maybe the Redskins will get lucky and it will all work out. However, to argue that "concerns are overblown" is whistling past the graveyard.

6 hours ago, Woz said:

Nsekhe has limited experience playing at guard (what, a handful of games?).
Franklin has plenty of experience, but was so bad in San Diego that they cut him after just two years into a lucrative five year deal. He then signed a contract with New Orleans last summer ... and lasted four days with them (July 27 - August 1). He then signed with the Redskins on October 28 ... only to be cut on November 4th. He re-signed a reserve/future's contract with Washington in January.

As for the "youngsters," they're all current or former UDFAs with the exception of Kouandjio who was a flop.

A wise team would be facing this scenario only if they suffered an injury or two in offseason workouts or training camp. They wouldn't go through the entire offseason and draft with that as the plan considering they have had next to zero time to evaluate either veteran as a season long solution at those positions. That's foolishness.

No, no they don't.

Hey, maybe the Redskins will get lucky and it will all work out. However, to argue that "concerns are overblown" is whistling past the graveyard.

If people were just concerned that would be one thing, but most Redskins fans are either bullish or extremely pessimistic. There’s little grey area in most Skins fans. It’s why I’m constantly getting hit from all sides. There’s the 75% of this forum which is negative no matter what, then there’s the 20% that is way to optimistic and I’m sitting here in the middle.

I’m not saying it’s sure to work out with any of these positions but that’s it’s possible and not a definite failure. Most give no hope they we’ll find a serviceable Lg out of our bunch, that 2 of our 3 corners who are competing for two spots will work out or that our WRs will be improved form last year.

Why in the world does it matter that you’re 4th wr is anything more than a special teams guy? It doesn’t.

Archived