Your 53 man roster predictions

LoganF89

6 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i think kerrigan can work with us on the money. its gonna be interesting to see what kinda year preston is. im just sick of seeing us let homegrown good players walk in their prime.

Not so mad about it if Anderson steps up this year and forces his way in. Replacing homegrown with homegrown at a premium position is awesome. Maybe they rotate more this year and try to get Preston on the cheap

51 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Not so mad about it if Anderson steps up this year and forces his way in. Replacing homegrown with homegrown at a premium position is awesome. Maybe they rotate more this year and try to get Preston on the cheap

Yeah really. Can't keep everyone on top tier contracts.

Sometimes, you have to settle here and there for a 3rd rd comp and a lesser/unproven player instead. Two way street and all. Tons of top UFAs want very much to take advantage of the Free Agent Meat Market for over-payment. It's doesn't have to be personal. To the player, they generally want to rake in as much $$$ as they can for their top priority (self and family). 

Our 4-2 Nickel & 3-3-5 Nickel is going to be crazy awesome. Can't wait!!

4-2

Allen------Payne-----Settle-----ionitus

Kerrigan------------------------------Brown

3-3-5

Allen---------------Settle--------------Payne

Kerrigan----------Brown------------Smith

I can't wait for football season.

And can we please have a somewhat injury free season?

I have no doubt, that if we do? We're making the Playoffs!

HTTR!!

5 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

I think it’s more likely that we see Kerrigan with a few less snaps earlier in the year. We need to keep Kerrigan more fresh for the end of the year and I think that giving Anderson and McPhee more snaps - especially on run downs - early in the year could do the trick. Both Anderson and McPhee are good run defenders which we badly need both of our starting OLBs to be more consistent at.

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Our 4-2 Nickel & 3-3-5 Nickel is going to be crazy awesome. Can't wait!!

4-2

Allen------Payne-----Settle-----ionitus

Kerrigan------------------------------Brown

3-3-5

Allen---------------Settle--------------Payne

Kerrigan----------Brown------------Smith

I can't wait for football season.

And can we please have a somewhat injury free season?

I have no doubt, that if we do? We're making the Playoffs!

HTTR!!

These line ups with these players won’t happen. You’re 4-2 has no edge rushers on the line of scrimmage. Kerrigan isn’t an interior ILB. Kerrigan is a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE (same with Smith and McPhee). 

Again, in your 3-3-5, taking Kerrigan and Smith off the line of scrimmage or as 3-4 OLBs whose only responsility is to play in a zone defense where they cover tge short flats is a mistake.

4-2-5 is:

RDE: Smith/Anderson 

3-Tech: Allen/Lanier

NT: Ioannidis/Payne

LDE: Kerrigan/McPhee 

Mike: Foster

WILB: Brown

3-3-5:

DE: Allen/Lanier

DT: Payne/Taylor

DE: Ioannidis/McGee 

WOLB: Brown, Clemons, Hamilton

Mike: Foster, Spaight

SOLB: Kerrigan/Smith/Anderson (only cover the flats in a zone w/in 10 yards, can’t be man to man downfield)

12 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i think kerrigan can work with us on the money. its gonna be interesting to see what kinda year preston is. im just sick of seeing us let homegrown good players walk in their prime.

I think Kerrigan will work with the Redskins FO on lowering his cap number too and yes, it’s a huge season for Smith and also Anderson. Smith has to show more consistentcy and Anderson has to show something. If Smith doesn’t show more consistency he’s in jeopardy of not being retained. If Anderson doesn’t prove he’s deserves more snaps this year on pass rushing downs then he’ll be in jeopardy of being viewed as nothing more than the Redskins 4th OLB on his second contract and just a special teams player.

33 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

These line ups with these players won’t happen. You’re 4-2 has no edge rushers on the line of scrimmage. Kerrigan isn’t an interior ILB. Kerrigan is a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE (same with Smith and McPhee). 

Again, in your 3-3-5, taking Kerrigan and Smith off the line of scrimmage or as 3-4 OLBs whose only responsility is to play in a zone defense where they cover tge short flats is a mistake.

4-2-5 is:

RDE: Smith/Anderson 

3-Tech: Allen/Lanier

NT: Ioannidis/Payne

LDE: Kerrigan/McPhee 

Mike: Foster

WILB: Brown

3-3-5:

DE: Allen/Lanier

DT: Payne/Taylor

DE: Ioannidis/McGee 

WOLB: Brown, Clemons, Hamilton

Mike: Foster, Spaight

SOLB: Kerrigan/Smith/Anderson (only cover the flats in a zone w/in 10 yards, can’t be man to man downfield)

i dont think taylor and spaight make the football team

37 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

i dont think taylor and spaight make the football team

I can understand Taylor not making it if Settle looks good in training camp/the preseason and if we only keep 6 DL but I find a hard time believing that Spaight won’t make the team. He was our 3rd best ILB last year and he has had a good run stopping grade the last few years, his issue is he’s not good in pass coverage which is the case for all our ILBs except for JHC and a healthy Hamilton.

Greeeeat...

Redskins OG Arie Kouandjio suffered a torn quad and is expected to miss the season.

Kouandjio was among the Redskins' final cuts last summer but had to be brought back at midseason when injuries wreaked havoc on the offensive line. He started six games at left guard, playing 424 uneven snaps. Washington is bringing back essentially the same offensive line group it had in 2017.

2 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Greeeeat...

Redskins OG Arie Kouandjio suffered a torn quad and is expected to miss the season.

Kouandjio was among the Redskins' final cuts last summer but had to be brought back at midseason when injuries wreaked havoc on the offensive line. He started six games at left guard, playing 424 uneven snaps. Washington is bringing back essentially the same offensive line group it had in 2017.

Sucks. Let’s hope Welsh, Kalis and Catalina Wine Mixer step up to be good reserves.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sucks. Let’s hope Welsh, Kalis and Catalina Wine Mixer step up to be good reserves.

As mentioned in this thread, Sean Welsh has retired. Seriously.

• 1 month later...

OFFENSE:

QB: ASmith, McCoy

RB: Guice, Thompson, Perine, Bibbs

LT: TWill, Nsekhe 
LG: Lauvao, Kalis
C: Roullier, Bergstrom
RG: Scherff
RT: Moses, Geron Christian

WR: Doctson, Robert Davis
WR: Richardson, Mo Harris 
SLOT: Crowder, Trey Quinn