Bigger Disappointment as a Viking?

TENINCH

My biggest disappointment is on The Vikings' medical staff and coaching staff for not keeping good enough watch on the hydration of players in terribly hot training conditions, so that Korey Stringer, a young, promising athlete could suffer heat stroke and die.  Sorry, if I seem to be a "downer" here.  But, that's a heck of a lot more disappointing than any Viking draft choice not living up to expectations.

Another great disappointment is Randy Moss self-destructing and wanting to leave for another team.

Another one is Gary Anderson being perfect all season, and missing a "gimme" kick when all the marbles were on the line.

A Super Bowl win within the next 5 years will help soothe that pain, quite a bit.  xD

3 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

Not as much as promoting Les Steckel. And Mike Tice was also not a big success.

I'm too young to now anything about Steckel, but even though Tice was a bit of a strange hire, at least he brought energy. Frazier was the definition of an uninspiring hire. Beyond boring and predictable. 

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm too young to now anything about Steckel, but even though Tice was a bit of a strange hire, at least he brought energy. Frazier was the definition of an uninspiring hire. Beyond boring and predictable. 

Steckel was a disaster.  The Vikes should have been a .500 team, or a little better.  Instead, they had, by far, the worst record in their history.

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think Ponder was the bigger disappointment.  It was a bigger disappointment that we even drafted him in the first place, and he set the franchise back FAR more than any left tackle ever could, just because of the position he played. 

I agree. Imo, Ponder is without a doubt a bigger disappointment because he played much worse at a far more important position. I know Kalil was a higher pick, but in the end a failed LT doesn't really set the franchise back that much.

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The Vikings at least recognized how bad Steckel was and he was only around for one year. 

We had to endure Frazier for 3 seasons. 

Good point.  Good thing Bud Grant graciously returned to save the sinking ship.   And we also had to endure Tice for 4 seasons.

Rice wasn't that bad of a coach. He was just given an absolute bare cupboard of support. If Tice had been allowed to hire a complete coaching staff, or had been given the type of support that the coaches who've followed, things may have turned out a lot different. 

Archived