2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

I think it is entirely possible we get offered a mint to trade down, take it and draft perhaps Sweat. He is not Bosa, but he has power, speed, some moves and room to grow. Would I prefer Bosa? Certainly. I just think with Ford, they may take some lee way to get more draft capital in addition to a pass rusher. Maybe. But I still would rather have Bosa. 

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I think it is entirely possible we get offered a mint to trade down, take it and draft perhaps Sweat. He is not Bosa, but he has power, speed, some moves and room to grow. Would I prefer Bosa? Certainly. I just think with Ford, they may take some lee way to get more draft capital in addition to a pass rusher. Maybe. But I still would rather have Bosa. 

Yeah, I think a trade down where Josh Allen is plan A and sweat is plan B is a pretty solid idea 

I can get behind that, honestly. It's not what I would do (unless we trade with the raiders) because I want one of the three elite defenders (bosa, Williams, Allen) but I can understand the move. We would hopefully get two seconds (one in 2020) and essentially get Dee Ford for free. That makes sense to get a guy we liked at the senior bowl. 

46 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yeah, I think a trade down where Josh Allen is plan A and sweat is plan B is a pretty solid idea 

I can get behind that, honestly. It's not what I would do (unless we trade with the raiders) because I want one of the three elite defenders (bosa, Williams, Allen) but I can understand the move. We would hopefully get two seconds (one in 2020) and essentially get Dee Ford for free. That makes sense to get a guy we liked at the senior bowl. 

Josh Allen unfortunately didn't play at the senior bowl, but I can understand your rationale for wanting either. Allen would make a lot of sense because he has coverage skills if we wanted him to play SAM.

4 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Josh Allen unfortunately didn't play at the senior bowl, but I can understand your rationale for wanting either. Allen would make a lot of sense because he has coverage skills if we wanted him to play SAM.

Right, I meant at a minimum get the guy that we did coach at the senior bowl in sweat, assuming we didn't trade down too far 

If we trade down and still get Allen I will cream my pants hahha 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Why aren't more ppl talking about Lock to Giants?? There is a very small gap between him and Haskins imo...

I don't really have a dog in this, but I read this recently in the Redskins forum posted by PARROTHEAD :

Lock VS. Ranked SEC Teams - Record 1-10... Comp Pct 52.1... TD-Int 14-16

Overall 50 games played, 46 starts, 21 wins. (21-25 as a starter)

48% against Georgia. 50% against Tennessee. 52% against Bama. All this season. He holds on to the ball and scrambles to buy time for something to open for him because he lacks instinct and anticipation. Hes not really all that different from Locker.

Since we don't need QB, I don't care about Lock one way or the other.. only to say that he looks like a snotty Dbag, but I have no idea if he is one. Hope someone loves him enough to take him early... pushing a better non-QB our way. 

Man, really hope we're able to trade down. I love the middle to end of the 1st round's talent this year and to get multiple picks to be able to trade back in that range would be huge. 

Would you rather have Williams/Bosa at #2, or trade down to like #8 and take Burns then use the additional picks to trade up and get someone like Butler or Brown or Murphy?

So hypothetically, say we trade down to 8 and receive a 2019 2nd and 3rd and some pick next year. Then we use the 2nd and 3rd rounders to jump back up in the 20 range, would you take that or still riding with Bosa/Williams? 

12 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Why tho? Yeah he can be reckless@times and his decision-making is a real question mark but I had those same concerns with Mahommes at this same stage. He turned out pretty good. Not saying Lock is Mahommes but I see a lot of similarities there. Lock is a underrated athlete with a A+ arm. Haskins may have more height and a bit more polish but that's about it. I see them as very similar prospects honestly. One may be a little more pro ready in Haskins but I think Lock has that moxy/cocky confidence I think you want in a QB. 

Haskins does almost everything better in my opinion. The only things I would credit Lock for are his downfield throwing and he is a slightly better athlete than Haskins. Haskins makes better decisions, goes through progressions better, is far more accurate, . One of the things I'm concerned about for Haskins at the next level is how he does under pressure and after he takes some hits, and I still think he's more prepared in that regard than Lock, who is an absolute train wreck when defenses get to him. Sure, you can throw Mahomes out there, but he just as easily shares similarities with Josh Freeman or Jay Cutler, or a number of other guys. 

50 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Man, really hope we're able to trade down. I love the middle to end of the 1st round's talent this year and to get multiple picks to be able to trade back in that range would be huge. 

Would you rather have Williams/Bosa at #2, or trade down to like #8 and take Burns then use the additional picks to trade up and get someone like Butler or Brown or Murphy?

So hypothetically, say we trade down to 8 and receive a 2019 2nd and 3rd and some pick next year. Then we use the 2nd and 3rd rounders to jump back up in the 20 range, would you take that or still riding with Bosa/Williams? 

I think the preference for most is always a trade down. It does have to be the right deal though. It's got to involve a future first, for instance, especially if we are taking ourselves out of the running for the elite prospects in this draft. 

With the 49ers missing out on OBJ, is there another trade for a receiver they can pursue? Will they wait until the draft? — Cody B.

No, Odell and AB were different levels of guys. You’re not going to be willing to trade that kind of draft capital, at least the type of draft capital they were talking about with Odell. There’s no other receiver out there who is completely disgruntled where his team is looking to get rid of him, like Antonio Brown. I don’t see them making a move for a receiver of that caliber or trading the farm, absolutely not.

From Glazer

Clearly that man is not reliable as @NFLExpert49 has stated on numerous occasions.  He doesn't know we will be getting AJ Green.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think the preference for most is always a trade down. It does have to be the right deal though. It's got to involve a future first, for instance, especially if we are taking ourselves out of the running for the elite prospects in this draft. 

Sure, could add a future 1st that's fine. I mean it almost surely will unless it is a trade with a team in the 4-5 range. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure, could add a future 1st that's fine. I mean it almost surely will unless it is a trade with a team in the 4-5 range. 

Yeah, and if it's like the raiders, I don't need a future first because I'm still getting one of the three that I really want at #4 (Allen, QW or Bosa would be there assuming Murray goes#1).

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, and if it's like the raiders, I don't need a future first because I'm still getting one of the three that I really want at #4 (Allen, QW or Bosa would be there assuming Murray goes#1).

Exactly. If it's the Raiders, we don't need a future 1st. They have current 1sts that work just as well. 

55 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If we are going to trade down, then I want to keep those picks. I don't want to trade down just to get ammo to trade up. I'd rather just stay where we are. 

I can understand trading down, but then let's just keep those picks. I'm tired of trading up to get 'our guy'. It only adds to the risk of the guy we draft and makes it that much more painful when it doesn't work out. 

I have no issues with Pettis but I hated the trade up to get him. 

The point of trading down is to accumulate picks or to get a 2020 second rounder to essentially get Ford for free. I can understand that 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, N4L said:

If we are going to trade down, then I want to keep those picks. I don't want to trade down just to get ammo to trade up. I'd rather just stay where we are. 

I can understand trading down, but then let's just keep those picks. I'm tired of trading up to get 'our guy'. It only adds to the risk of the guy we draft and makes it that much more painful when it doesn't work out. 

I have no issues with Pettis but I hated the trade up to get him. 

The point of trading down is to accumulate picks or to get a 2020 second rounder to essentially get Ford for free. I can understand that 

Again, that's fine as well. But for me specifically, I just love the talent of this draft in the mid to late 1st round range. I believe we can still pick up a stud edge rusher to go along with a stud WR that Shanny badly prefers. If you want to stay put and just take the future 1st and 2019 2nd rounder? That's fine as well.