2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Its time to put the smokescreen out there that the giants and 49ers are talking about the giants trading up to #2 to draft Haskins. 

Basically it would force the redskins to deal with us rather than the jets. 

The compensation someone posted based on draft charts (not an official rumor just conjecture) for the redskins to go up to #3 with the jets was:

1st, 2nd, 3rd this year, plus 2020 FRP and 2020 third round pick. 

I think I do that deal to move back to #15. Then use our own 2020 FRP to get Ramsey!! 

Edited by N4L

15 minutes ago, N4L said:

Its time to put the smokescreen out there that the giants and 49ers are talking about the giants trading up to #2 to draft Haskins. 

Basically it would force the redskins to deal with us rather than the jets. 

The compensation someone posted based on draft charts (not an official rumor just conjecture) for the redskins to go up to #3 with the jets was:

1st, 2nd, 3rd this year, plus 2020 FRP and 2020 third round pick. 

I think I do that deal to move back to #15. Then use our own 2020 FRP to get Ramsey!! 

Only thing is I don't think Snyders deals with us cause he hates Kyle.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm really starting to think that Montez Sweat's draft positioning could crater Maurice Hurst style 

I'm re-doing my mock (******* trades) and I have him dropping to Oakland in the second. I think his saving grace is that the other edge prospects in the range have their own issues too. Jachai Polite has major red flags and Christian Miller has medical issues as well. Maybe Walker and Winovich go ahead of him? But that's about it. In my mock I have the Raiders grabbing him with their second round pick. They took Hurst and paid huge dividends, I think they'd risk the second rounder for the potential upside at a massively valuable position and one of need. 

Edited by John232

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm really starting to think that Montez Sweat's draft positioning could crater Maurice Hurst style 

That was my position when this came out. I think Sweat is probably the superior prospect so I was thinking maybe a top of the third guy instead of fifth round. Him changing his mind about going to the draft is pretty telling imo.

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

That was my position when this came out. I think Sweat is probably the superior prospect so I was thinking maybe a top of the third guy instead of fifth round. Him changing his mind about going to the draft is pretty telling imo.

This was the big thing for me as well. I think I mentioned it in another post. 

10 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

This was the big thing for me as well. I think I mentioned it in another post. 

I would still take him in a trade down in the 1st round. I see Bosa as the best choice for an immediate impact and Sweat as possibly the highest potential impact. I'm not concerned about either player's health history or behavior.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I could say that about a number of receivers, tbh. I just prefer Brown over Harry. 

No problem with that but I was talking about top 10 wr in the NFL. There are a number of guys who can have 1k or 10 td seasons but not both on an consistent basis. Obviously a lot needs to fall into place for that to happen but those guys have the potential IMO. 

Just now, sherm said:

No problem with that but I was talking about top 10 wr in the NFL. There are a number of guys who can have 1k or 10 td seasons but not both on an consistent basis. Obviously a lot needs to fall into place for that to happen but those guys have the potential IMO. 

Ahh, gotcha. Yeah, that would limit the number of people in that regard, I think.