2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

14 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

I didn't see that whole game, I only saw about half of it and I didn't really notice Sweat although I will say I wasn't really looking for him. On Miss St the guy that flashed (a lot) was Jeffery Simmons. He's a DT though, but he'll be a good one. Josh Allen looked very good for Kentucky too as far as pass rushers go.

And my boy D' Andre Walker had two forced fumbles (plus the sacks for those plays) and a defensed pass for good measure at Missouri.

Sweat is really productive and has a good motor. And he gets into the backfield and to the quarterback.

Needs to get bigger though. He's probably 250, but he's got a good frame to add weight. Unfortunately, he is a little older (23 I think) which I typically don't love, and he plays a little tall. But there'sa lot to like about his game so far. Really looking forward to watching him when they get to the meat of their schedule

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Sweat is really productive and has a good motor. And he gets into the backfield and to the quarterback.

Needs to get bigger though. He's probably 250, but he's got a good frame to add weight. Unfortunately, he is a little older (23 I think) which I typically don't love, and he plays a little tall. But there'sa lot to like about his game so far. Really looking forward to watching him when they get to the meat of their schedule

A couple of other names to keep an eye out for are Wyatt Ray and Zach Allen from Boston College. Both are EDGE guys, but Allen is more of a bigger power rusher. Oshanes Ximines from Old Dominion, he's a sack machine with an NFL-ready body. His name has been everywhere lately. Joe Jackson is another guy from Miami who is hyped more on his physicality than his productivity. And, of course, Clelin Farrell from Clemson

This is kind of a UGA centric breakdown of a couple defensive plays but the first two diagramed breaks down Walkers strip sacks. First one is with speed, second with power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwNUtCcXc4w

Roughly 1 min to 330.

Most of what I watch is the SEC and UGA in particular, I don't have a problem with Bosa or any of the others mentioned in this thread. I just talk more about the ones that I have actually seen. To be completely frank, I think we should have went all in on Mack but we can't change that now.

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Correct.....But it is more than an opinion as you dig deeper....That is what John was referring to, opposite of the Bay Area. 

Yeah, I tailgated next to some Ohio State fans last year in Iowa City and they mentioned that Nick Bosa is a POS. Apparently very racist and overall just not a good dude. As one guy put it, he was happy to have his talent on the field but would never let him date his daughter. And yeah, these were just some fans that had heard stuff through the grapevine, but it sure doesn't seem like he would fit in with the culture that Shanny and Lynch are trying to build.

8 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Yeah, I tailgated next to some Ohio State fans last year in Iowa City and they mentioned that Nick Bosa is a POS. Apparently very racist and overall just not a good dude. As one guy put it, he was happy to have his talent on the field but would never let him date his daughter. And yeah, these were just some fans that had heard stuff through the grapevine, but it sure doesn't seem like he would fit in with the culture that Shanny and Lynch are trying to build.

Not saying this isn't true, but if it is, this is the kind of stuff that gets exposed in January and February. Josh Allen had these type of skeletons in the closet and they were exposed just before the draft. 

13 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Not saying this isn't true, but if it is, this is the kind of stuff that gets exposed in January and February. Josh Allen had these type of skeletons in the closet and they were exposed just before the draft. 

Yep, Lynch will do his research. If he feels comfortable selecting him, then I will welcome him with open arms. If Lynch passes on him, then there will be a good reason. Either a better player available or too many character concerns. 

34 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Oh yeah, you can just tell by some of his tweets and actions. This isn't him being a kid either, it has been happening recently. It is who he is. And you know what? His talent level may be so high that it doesn't even matter. 

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

A couple of other names to keep an eye out for are Wyatt Ray and Zach Allen from Boston College. Both are EDGE guys, but Allen is more of a bigger power rusher. Oshanes Ximines from Old Dominion, he's a sack machine with an NFL-ready body. His name has been everywhere lately. Joe Jackson is another guy from Miami who is hyped more on his physicality than his productivity. And, of course, Clelin Farrell from Clemson

Yeah, I mentioned Jackson earlier. Not digging him. While I do put a lot of emphasis on traits, production I think does matter, and he's a guy who has just consistently underwhelmed in that department. I think he's a mid round guy that you just kind of hope it clicks for at some point. 

I'd avoid Allen as I think he's going to overlap too much with a lot of what we have. I think he's a big DE  or a 3 tech, and I feel like we have those in spades. Ray is a guy that I'm going to follow a bit more though. That game against Wake was an eye opener. Hoping he can show the consistency of getting into the backfield and to the quarterback.

You're right about Ximines - he's everywhere right now. That game against Vatech was important. It's a big deal when the small school players ball out against the big boys. Remember how much Mack helped his stock against Ohio State that year? Ximines really played well against the Hokies. Another guy to pay attention to as the season progresses. 

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I mentioned Jackson earlier. Not digging him. While I do put a lot of emphasis on traits, production I think does matter, and he's a guy who has just consistently underwhelmed in that department. I think he's a mid round guy that you just kind of hope it clicks for at some point. 

I'd avoid Allen as I think he's going to overlap too much with a lot of what we have. I think he's a big DE  or a 3 tech, and I feel like we have those in spades. Ray is a guy that I'm going to follow a bit more though. That game against Wake was an eye opener. Hoping he can show the consistency of getting into the backfield and to the quarterback.

You're right about Ximines - he's everywhere right now. That game against Vatech was important. It's a big deal when the small school players ball out against the big boys. Remember how much Mack helped his stock against Ohio State that year? Ximines really played well against the Hokies. Another guy to pay attention to as the season progresses. 

If we're picking in the top 5, I'm hoping for Bosa (if his character checks out) or Oliver. If both are gone, I'd like to see a trade down a few spots and get Clelin Farrell as I think he's the second best EDGE guy and probably isn't that far behind Bosa in terms of technique and physical traits.